• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, we get it. You fetishize tyrants, terrorists, and war criminals.
Putin saved his own country from the financial and banking élites that wanted to rob it.
The resources of Russia belong to the Russians.
You need to be tough to beat up these élites.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
A tariff adds cost only to the affected goods.
It's not as broad as a sales tax. It is dishonest
for her to claim they're the same.

I disagree. Sales taxes do not apply to all goods, but it depends on the state. In my case, for example, I do not pay sales tax on food items and medicines. What Trump proposes is an across-the-board tariff on imported goods. So that would include both medicines (many from India and other countries) and imported foods (lots from Latin America), a great deal of which we import from other countries. On imported goods that already have a state, county, or city sales tax applied to them, Trump's tariff would just increase the overall taxes on those goods. So Harris's claim is not dishonest at all. It is a government tax (paid into US government coffers) that comes out of the pockets of US citizens, not foreign exporters. At worst, those exporters will lose market share to domestic suppliers of those goods, but creating shortages in the goods in question will also drive up inflation. Decrease supply but keep demand the same, and you see price hikes. That is basic economics.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I am wondering how the Democratic Party will face the terrible blunder when the war is over and Ukraine will have lost.
How they will justify that to the NATO allies and to the American voters.
We need to stop tip-toeing around and give Ukraine everything they are asking for so they can win. Ukraine needs to be to do unto Putin's Russia what they are doing to Ukraine (outside of attacking schools and hospitals and other war crimes).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Please provide the full quote because I don't remember that.
Harris said to Trump "...because you adore strong men (Putin) instead of caring about democracy".

In that debate she admitted that three days before Putin invaded she had gone to Kiev and to talk to Zelenski.
Three days later, Putin invaded.

I dare not imagine what she told him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We need to stop tip-toeing around and give Ukraine everything they are asking for so they can win. Ukraine needs to be to do unto Putin's Russia what they are doing to Ukraine (outside of attacking schools and hospitals and other war crimes).
Ukrainians invaded Russia for no reason...targeting civilians.

On behalf of the United States I presume.
Because Russian people committed the crime of electing Putin.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Harris said to Trump "...because you adore strong men (Putin) instead of caring about democracy".

In that debate she admitted that three days before Putin invaded she had gone to Kiev and to talk to Zelenski.
Three days later, Putin invaded.

I dare not imagine what she told him.
Thanks for the quote.

She warned him Russia was about to attack - that was in the news.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

On behalf of the United States I presume.
Because Russian people committed the crime of electing Putin.
FALSE. Utterly and completely false. Russia invaded Ukraine. Putin cheated and destroyed the opposition. Russia invaded Ukraine. The bit about the US is utterly and completely fake falsehood.

Seriously, you are sounding exactly like a Russian agent trying to spread falsehoods and so dissension so we don't live up to our moral obligation to help a country attacked by an expansionist aggressor.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
FALSE. Utterly and completely false. Russia invaded Ukraine. Putin cheated and destroyed the opposition. Russia invaded Ukraine. The bit about the US is utterly and completely fake falsehood.

Seriously, you are sounding exactly like a Russian agent trying to spread falsehoods and so dissension so we don't live up to our moral obligation to help a country attacked by an expansionist aggressor.
Yes...Ukrainian soldiers invaded Russia. https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/13/world/ukraine-kursk-offensive-cost/index.html

And this war started in 2022...after more than two years, we should program a peace process because a war cannot last twenty years.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Russia invaded Russia for no reason...targeting civilians: Attacks on civilians in the Russian invasion of Ukraine - Wikipedia

Ukraine had a very obvious reason for invading Russia, as a defensive counter-attack. Do you have evidence that they targeted civilians?

Perhaps Putin should surrender to the invading Ukrainians and let them take a slice of land for the sake of peace. That's what you've been arguing this whole time, right? If you suggest that Putin should fight back against the invading Ukrainians, then you're a warmonger (and hypocrite).

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The point is that she was not lying on that point. She was framing Donald Trump's tariff proposal correctly as a sales tax on everyone. The reason she did that is that Trump has lied by claiming that foreigners pay the tariffs. They do not. Tariffs are passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices, just as sales taxes are. Technically, tariffs are taxes.

I know that you really want to frame this as a lie, and I'm pretty sure that you will continue to do so no matter what I say. However, it still needs to be pointed out that Harris was simply correcting misinformation that people have about who pays for tariffs--misinformation that Donald Trump spreads by lying about it.
Oh this was not by FAR her most egregious lie of the evening. In fact, truth be known, I didn't even catch this particular lie, but I did catch others - which the moderators either didn't catch or didn't care to catch. Either way, they weren't great mods.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
She is a typical politician. Compare what she said to the crazy unhinged lies from Trump which they checked him on. They let equivalent lies from him go unchecked as well.
At least you admit that she is a typical politician, which in my book is not a compliment.

We Never Know

No Slack
That's because she did use the word "tariff" repeatedly. Did you not watch the debate? She made clear that Trump's "national sales tax" was his tariff proposal. Hence, there was no lie and no need for moderators to call her out on anything. You are just looking at a sound byte taken out of context and used to mislead you and others.
Are you talking about the tariffs from Trump that her and Biden kept?
When asked why did this administration keep them if they are a bad idea, she avoided answering.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You need to be a strongman like Hillary to believe that the billions can be spent on undoing Libya, and not on healthcare.

Hillary never held any position with executive power, so I don't think she could be a "strongman." Maybe she wanted to be, but that didn't happen.
However, if being a "strongman" is associated with "a lot of people going to prison," then this chart might give us some insight here:

Figure-1-trends-950x535.png

Source: Mass Incarceration Trends – The Sentencing Project