• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The Russians are not the enemy, here. Putin's hold on them, is. Once that is broken, the war will end immediately, and both sides will need years of peace to rebuild.
1) First of all, she said: our alliances which we have around the world are dependent on the ability to look out for our friends, and not favor our enemies. end quote.
So yes, Russians are the eternal enemies.

2) Secondly, Putin is the most moderate president. After him, there can be more pro-war presidents, so it can be even worse.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

PureX

Veteran Member
1) First of all, she said: our alliances which we have around the world are dependent on the ability to look out for our friends, and not favor our enemies. end quote.
So yes, Russians are the eternal enemies.

2) Secondly, Putin is the most moderate president. After him, there can be more pro-war presidents, so it can be even worse.
Many Russians are not in favor of this invasion. And many more are coming to feel that way as the "war" becomes an ever greater disaster. They're just too frightened and debilitated to do anything about it. Putin's soon to be replacement will very likely capitalize on this resentment to solidify his/her hold on power once they manage to usurp Putin. He will be blamed for everything (so his supporters can hide from their responsibility) and the new ruler will then set about rebuilding Russian might for the future. Leaving Ukraine to do the same (and to join NATO, most likely).

I have not heard a single American call the Russian people our "enemy". This is not the common sentiment, here. Nor should it be. Nor do I hear anything about Russians calling Americans their "enemy". (Granted, it's hard to hear the other side of the world, but the Youtube interviews I've seen clearly indicate that most Russians are not feeling any great antipathy toward Americans.) Everyone seem to understand that this invasion is all politics, and that it is generally all a very bad idea. Similar to the unfounded and needless U.S. invasion of Iraq.

So whomever you are referring to claiming that Russia is anyone's eternal enemy is full of crap. Putin is the enemy of Ukraine, of the western alliance, and increasingly, of Russia itself. And I predict that he will be removed as a result, sooner or later. Sooner, we all hope. As he deserves to be, and as the war will end immediately after he does.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Well I'd wager it isn't Trump making the calls, so I figure it's somebody else making the bomb threats.

Nobody said he was making the calls himself, just the hate speech that drove others to make them. The last thing we need is the head of our government inspiring thuggish and criminal behavior. He needed to be called out on it. The debate moderators understood that.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Honestly I think it has more to do with the fact that Harris didn't make any claims that were so blatantly stupid and fantastical that people would have no choice but to say something. Dude literally said that Kamala wants to do transgender surgeries on illegal immigrants in prisons; then again, they didn't check him on that one

The moderators didn't make him say this stuff. It was all him shooting himself in the foot
Actually Harris said some pretty crazy stuff too, she just wasn't called out on it. Even I caught several things but the mods didn't.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Jeeze, you changed the subject and I ignored your post that had nothing to do with what we were talking about.
The topic is Trump‘s lunacy. That is a broad, wide open set of options. I understand, you don’t like your guy being exposed for being a lunatic.

Then why did Harris support the tariffs we have now. You have not answered this question.
How many times do I have to answer this question? I’ve done it twice already. Let’s go again and maybe it’ll stick this time.

Tariffs are generally used by governments to add onto products overseas that are cheaper than products made in America. This gives the American products better competition against the cheaper products. That’s why Biden has kept the Trump tariffs on computer chips. The USA is trying to get established as a computer chip maker, but ours are more expensive. So to make it more competitive Trump and then Biden imposed on chips coming from overseas, which are more established and cheaper. Do you understand now?

With Trump‘s proposal of adding Terace to all products imported from China, it’s insanity. Most of the items we import from China are not things that are made in the USA. It’s just gonna be an added fee or tax or cost to whatever product Americans are going to buy. Do you understand? It’s going to cost American consumers more money for no reason. It’s not going to hurt China except in that US buyers will buy less because of the added cost to the products were used to buying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"When the democrats say that they want this war to continue for eternity... shall I believe that it's because they are fond of Ukrainians?"

So there are no Democrats who said that.
Thanks.
I think she uses an English-to-Italian translation
app designed by Elon Musk, validated by Donald
Jessica Trump, maintained by Marjorie Taylor
Greene, & tailored for the Maga market by
JD Vance.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Like stuff about IVF and stuff about Project 2025 @Soandso

So connecting Trump to project 2025 is on the same level as saying Democrats are killing babies?

You do know who is behind project 2025, right? You do know what their connections to Trump are, right?

Seems like a false equivalence when compared to the stupid things Trump was sayin

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Nope, I don't think it is a false equivalence.

I mean if you aren't willing to be intellectually honest, ok. That's on you

Keep in mind project 2025 very much exists and many of the people behind it were from Trump's cabinet. Certainly no connections there, right?

Now compare that to immigrants coming for your pets and democrats killing babies. How can you say those things are similar? Why would they fact check something that actually has gravity behind it like trump being connected to project 2025? He is by association if nothing else

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I mean if you aren't willing to be intellectually honest, ok. That's on you

Keep in mind project 2025 very much exists and many of the people behind it were from Trump's cabinet. Certainly no connections there, right?

Now compare that to immigrants coming for your pets and democrats killing babies. How can you say those things are similar? Why would they fact check something that actually has gravity behind it like trump being connected to project 2025? He is by association if nothing else
I'm being intellectually honest. I wonder why it's so hard to find a list of the people who worked for Trump during his presidency who also work for the Heritage Foundation. I mean like the names. I'd like a list of the names.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I'm being intellectually honest. I wonder why it's so hard to find a list of the people who worked for Trump during his presidency who also work for the Heritage Foundation. I mean like the names. I'd like a list of the names.

So if you clicked the first link I posted on post #655 it will tell you exactly the names of the people who worked on project 2025 and who they are to Trump. It's right there if you want it

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Ok, do you think she needs to explain why she changed her mind? Because she hasn't.
It would be helpful, but I'm not aware of a proper time and place for that thus far. Her rallies are an introduction and party pep rally. The debate was limited and constrained. I'd Iike to see her on Meet the Press maybe, but then she may have been on a Sunday I didn't tune in. This where town-halls are good platforms, but her campaign being so short while she still has obligations in her current job, it doesn't surprise me that such opportunities aren't happening.