• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Again more intentional bluster to demonize and vilify persons and organizations based not on any reality but to incite negative feelings amongst his supporters. This is not dementia, it is the strategy he learned from Roy Cohn and Joseph McCarthy. The baiting that Harris did was just to get him to repeat his memes in an obviously angry way so that those who didn't read them from his echosphere could see the original context of their absurdity.

The problem is that he is easily baited (Harris) and or flattered (Loomer, Putin) into accepting and expressing these absurdities presented to him that he then thinks will be useful in his strategies.

I think what struck me in the article was his statement that ABC is under investigation. ABC is owned by Disney, which has been in the right-wing's sights for a while now. But yeah, it's reminiscent of Cohn and McCarthy and their "investigations." Shades of things to come if Trump gets his way.

Pogo

I think what struck me in the article was his statement that ABC is under investigation. ABC is owned by Disney, which has been in the right-wing's sights for a while now. But yeah, it's reminiscent of Cohn and McCarthy and their "investigations." Shades of things to come if Trump gets his way.
It has nothing to do with truth or desire for it, as with all the congressional "investigations" it is all about creating a perception of wrongdoing by the "others"

We need to fight it as we did then.

Pogo

With all due respect I find Putin 100,000 times better than the Ukrainian counterpart.

With respect, for you.

The term often used to describe women who are attracted to or find themselves repeatedly involved with abusive men is "trauma bond" or being in a "toxic relationship." This attraction isn't necessarily about a specific label for the person but rather about understanding the dynamics and psychological factors involved.
Characteristics and underlying factors might include:
  1. History of Trauma: Past experiences of trauma or abuse can create a pattern where individuals are drawn to familiar, albeit unhealthy, dynamics.
  2. Low Self-Esteem: People with low self-esteem may feel they don't deserve better or may believe that only someone abusive would be interested in them.
  3. Normalization of Abuse: If someone grew up in an environment where abuse was normalized, they might unconsciously seek out similar situations.
  4. Need for Validation: Some individuals may seek validation or a sense of identity through their relationships, which can be particularly challenging if their self-worth is tied to their partner's approval.
  5. Idealization of the Partner: There may be a tendency to idealize the partner, focusing on the positive traits and ignoring or minimizing the abusive behaviors.
  6. Hope for Change: There might be a belief that the partner will change, especially if the abusive behavior is interspersed with periods of kindness or promises of change.
  7. Difficulty with Boundaries: Challenges in setting and maintaining personal boundaries can make it harder to recognize and leave unhealthy relationships.
Understanding these characteristics can be a step toward addressing the patterns and seeking healthier relationship dynamics. Therapy and support groups can be valuable resources for those experiencing these patterns

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nobody said he was making the calls himself, just the hate speech that drove others to make them. The last thing we need is the head of our government inspiring thuggish and criminal behavior. He needed to be called out on it. The debate moderators understood that.
It's the people actually doing those things under their own directve. Only they are responsible for their own actions weither they were 'inspired' or not through other factors.

Blaming a person for another's actions is just bonkers.

Pogo

It's the people actually doing those things under their own directve. Only they are responsible for their own actions weither they were 'inspired' or not through other factors.

Like anybody but you for the imagined decline of the US?

There is a word for that, irony, look it up.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Like anybody but you for the imagined decline of the US?

There is a word for that, irony, look it up.
The decline of this country isn't imagined but I do think it's repairable. Certainly not with the left wings 'help,' , as I think the left is instrumental for the majority of problems this country is facing today.

If things were going well, I doubt Trump would ever have been president in the first place.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Nobody said he was making the calls himself, just the hate speech that drove others to make them. The last thing we need is the head of our government inspiring thuggish

Dick Cheney was once vilified by Democrats. Now he’s backing Harris. Will it matter?​

and criminal behavior. He needed to be called out on it. The debate moderators understood that.

In the very post you respond to, I pointed out that "nobody said he was making the calls himself, just the hate speech that drove others to make them." Hate speech inspires hatred. Who would have thought that? Not you, apparently. How can we blame the mob boss for what the mob does? That's just bonkers. :rolleyes:

The decline of this country isn't imagined but I do think it's repairable. Certainly not with the left wings 'help,' , as I think the left is instrumental for the majority of problems this country is facing today.

You may be right about that. That may be why so many prominent right wingers are also endorsing the Harris campaign. They also believe that something has gone wrong in a country where most Republicans are trying to put a criminal insurrectionist hatemonger back in charge of the government.

Dick Cheney was once vilified by Democrats. Now he’s backing Harris. Will it matter?

If things were going well, I doubt Trump would ever have been president in the first place.

You are so right, but not for the reason you think.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Look at you making a true statement. Did it feel good? Ohhhh, and then you ruined the moment.
"And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid ..."
She said enough lies and untruths herself and it's all out there in internet world. Still not fact checked once for them unlike Trump was.
It's all so unfair for you MAGA, isn't it? Here's another grievance for MAGA to whine about.
I'd wager it isn't Trump making the calls
Agreed. He's barely conscious.
I am not but news sources are constantly claiming that 140 people who worked for Trump during his Presidential term are now working for the Heritage. Foundation so I want a list of those 140 names. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Then do your own searching. We're not here to do that for you.
I knew she was lying. The mods didn't? That's pretty sad and scary.
Then be sad and afraid. You did it to yourself.

You deny being MAGA. despite doing their bidding. “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
When the democrats say that they want this war to continue for eternity
They don't say that - just you.
Russians are the eternal enemies.
Since the Cold War, yes. And trump is friendly to America's enemies, making him one as well. MAGA is an enemy of America, as are all who support them.

Copernicus

I mean, surely there's a list of these people somewhere. Surely there is, and it's been checked.
I knew she was lying. The mods didn't? That's pretty sad and scary.
You deny being MAGA. despite doing their bidding. “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Regardless of the impression she wants to give, Kathryn has admitted that she would vote for Trump/Vance, if she lived in a so-called swing state like Pennsylvania. She would definitely prefer to see Donald Trump win the election, perhaps hoping that Vance will end up replacing him at some point. MAGA enablers aren't necessarily themselves MAGA.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Regardless of the impression she wants to give, Kathryn has admitted that she would vote for Trump/Vance, if she lived in a so-called swing state like Pennsylvania. She would definitely prefer to see Donald Trump win the election, perhaps hoping that Vance will end up replacing him at some point. MAGA enablers aren't necessarily themselves MAGA.
I don't "WANT TO GIVE" any sort of impression for the record. I don't live in a swing state so I don't need to even vote, but as it stands, I will be writing in a name instead of voting for Trump/Vance.

Kathryn

hen do your own searching. We're not here to do that for you.

I've been searching and searching to no avail. I'm tired of searching at this point. I know exactly what MAGA means by the way, and I am not a MAGA but if it makes you feel better to call me one, do it, doesn't matter to me. And I am also tired of trying to fix this page so I'm done.

Kathryn

OK, I see what you did there. First, I posted a comment about the "Haitians eat pets" story. You quoted MY post with just your bare, uncommented link to a Mexican immigrant who committed a crime in Ohio--post #717. I asked you to explain it, because it looked like you had just looked up some random story to smear immigrants in Ohio generally. You dodged by saying Springfield was a small town and that this story had been brought up in some unnamed "town hall meeting"--post #726. I clearly asked you to explain its relevance, not just to MY post, which you were responding to, but to the threat topic. You dodged by not answering my question and accusing me of trying to be the thread police, pointing out that it was just something interesting to post. You may detest politicians for the way they dodge questions, but you are getting pretty good at copying their disingenuous style of avoiding direct answers to questions.

I'll rephrase my question, so that you don't accuse me of being the "thread police". Let's talk about what it was doing in YOUR post--#717.

What did your Mexican immigrant story in your reply to me (#717) have to do with MY POST (#708)?
Sigh. I guess I'll break it down for you.

Your post was about Springfield, OH and Haitian immigrants and so was my post. In fact, it was just a few days ago that there was a town hall meeting in Springfield, OH about the Haitian immigrants.

Copernicus

I don't "WANT TO GIVE" any sort of impression for the record. I don't live in a swing state so I don't need to even vote, but as it stands, I will be writing in a name instead of voting for Trump/Vance.

The fact is that you keep admitting that the only reason you won't vote for him in Ohio is that you don't consider it a swing state. The implication is that you would vote for him if you considered Ohio a swing state. So that doesn't even rule out you voting for him in Ohio, if the polls suddenly show Harris in striking distance of winning that state. Sorry about all the effort I had to expend to drag that admission about Pennsylvania out of you. You can have your teeth back now.

Sigh. I guess I'll break it down for you.

Your post was about Springfield, OH and Haitian immigrants and so was my post. In fact, it was just a few days ago that there was a town hall meeting in Springfield, OH about the Haitian immigrants.

I am so sorry to make you have to explain yourself, but you don't make it easy. Now, let's get back to your post. Did you read it?

I'll break it down for you. It is about a Mexican immigrant, not a Haitian. They don't even speak the same language. So your reply was just about an immigrant, not Haitian immigrants. Although the incident took place outside of Springfield, there was no mention of Haitians, dogs, cats, or geese. No reference to anything in my post. Here is the article for your convenience:

So, apparently, the only connection in your mind was that it was in Springfield, was discussed in some kind of town meeting, and was about an immigrant. Had he been a white guy, you wouldn't have found the article "interesting", as you put it. Are the bomb threats being targeted at the wrong ethnic group?

Last edited:

Kathryn

The fact is that you keep admitting that the only reason you won't vote for him in Ohio is that you don't consider it a swing state. The implication is that you would vote for him if you considered Ohio a swing state. So that doesn't even rule you voting for him in Ohio, if the polls suddenly show Harris in striking distance of winning that state. Sorry about all the effort I had to expend to drag that admission about Pennsylvania out of you. You can have your teeth back now.

I am so sorry to make you have to explain yourself, but you don't make it easy. Now, let's get back to your post. Did you read it?

I'll break it down for you. It is about a Mexican immigrant, not a Haitian. They don't even speak the same language. So your reply was just about an immigrant, not Haitian immigrants. Although the incident took place outside of Springfield, there was no mention of Haitians, dogs, cats, or geese. No reference to anything in my post. Here is the article for your convenience:

So, apparently, the only connection in your mind was that it was in Springfield, was discussed in some kind of town meeting, and was about an immigrant. Had he been a white guy, you wouldn't have found the article "interesting", as you put it. Are the bomb threats being targeted at the wrong ethnic group?
He was a Haitian immigrant who came here via Mexico. His license from Mexico was considered to be invalid due to his immigration status. He had an Ohio ID card but not a license.
Guilty verdicts reached in trial of minivan driver accused in fatal school bus crash I don't know how I knew that but I already did know that.

By the way, thanks but I'm not missing any teeth. Are you? As it stands now, I don't live in a swing state and I seriously doubt it comes to that. I'll cross that bridge if I need to, and I'll vote as I see fit, without input from this site. Like I'm doing now.

Last edited:

Copernicus

He was a Haitian immigrant who came here via Mexico. His license from Mexico was considered to be invalid due to his immigration status. He had an Ohio ID card but not a license.
Guilty verdicts reached in trial of minivan driver accused in fatal school bus crash I don't know how I knew that but I already did know that.

OK, thanks for finally supplying the information that wasn't in the story you posted a link to. He was a Haitian immigrant who committed a crime. It still isn't relevant to the JD Vance/Trump attacks on Haitian immigrants, nor is it any reason to blame Haitian immigrants generally. These insane attacks on immigrants need to stop, because they are inciting people to threaten violence against them as a group. The fact that one individual immigrant committed a crime is not relevant, nor is it in dispute that there will be Haitian criminals, just as there are non-immigrant criminals. We are a country of immigrants, and we know from experience that some immigrants will commit crimes. There is no way to prevent that, and it is no excuse to close the borders or break out the pitchforks and flaming torches.

By the way, thanks but I'm not missing any teeth. Are you? As it stands now, I don't live in a swing state and I seriously doubt it comes to that. I'll cross that bridge if I need to, and I'll vote as I see fit, without input from this site. Like I'm doing now.

Sorry, but I felt as if I had pulled a large number of them to get your grudging admission that you are a Trump Republican presidential candidate supporter in this election. I know that you detest Trump, but your posts here indicate that you will make excuses for him and those that defend him. Forced to choose between Trump and Harris in any state, you would vote for Trump and hold your nose while doing it. Like any skilled illusionist, you want us to focus attention on what the hand holding your nose is doing rather than the other one.

Last edited:

Kathryn

OK, thanks for finally supplying the information that wasn't in the story you posted a link to. He was a Haitian immigrant who committed a crime. It it still isn't relevant to the JD Vance attack on Haitian immigrants, nor is it any reason to blame Haitian immigrants generally. These insane attacks on immigrants need to stop, because they are inciting people to threaten violence against them as a group. The fact that one individual immigrant committed a crime is not relevant, nor is it in dispute that there will be Haitian criminals, just as there are non-immigrant criminals. We are a country of immigrants, and we know from experience that some immigrants will commit crimes. There is no way to prevent that, and it is no excuse to close the borders or break out the pitchforks and flaming torches.

Sorry, but I felt as if I had pulled a large number of them to get your grudging admission that you are a Trump Republican presidential candidate supporter in this election. I know that you detest Trump, but your post here indicate that you will make excuses for him and those that defend him. Forced to choose between Trump and Harris in any state, you would vote for Trump and hold your nose while doing it. Like any skilled illusionist, you want us to focus attention on what the hand holding your nose is doing rather than the other one.
I am a Republican and an American. I seriously, seriously doubt that 50 something days till the election, Ohio suddenly becomes a swing state. It's nowhere near that now from what I can tell. Do you have different information? So as it stands, I will write in a vote, probably for a Republican but honestly, who knows?

I'm not talking about closing the borders or breaking out pitchforks by the way. Even though my ancestors came over
and have been here since at least the 1640s I know that many good citizens are the descendants of immigrants and I wouldn't have it any other way. So you can check your flowery verbiage.

Copernicus

I am a Republican and an American. I seriously, seriously doubt that 50 something days till the election, Ohio suddenly becomes a swing state. It's nowhere near that now from what I can tell. Do you have different information? So as it stands, I will write in a vote, probably for a Republican but honestly, who knows?

Having grown up in Ohio, I saw several campaigns where Republicans were shoo-ins according to polls and Democrats won close elections. Ever since the collapse of the steel industry there, white blue collar Democrats have trended Republican. I still have relatives and friends there to keep me informed of their impressions, but I don't think anyone expects Ohio to move out of the red column. Brown will be lucky to get reelected, but he seems to be doing much better than the Harris campaign. I expect that you'll actually vote against him in that statewide election.

I'm not talking about closing the borders or breaking out pitchforks by the way. Even though my ancestors came over
and have been here since at least the 1640s I know that many good citizens are the descendants of immigrants and I wouldn't have it any other way. So you can check your flowery verbiage.

Are all of your ancestors from the 1640s? One of mine came over with Peter Stuyvesant in the 1600s. I've only got one that I know of who fought in the Revolutionary War, and that side of the family was also related to Ulysses Grant's wife, whose family were largely slave-owning pro-Confederates. They also claim descent from Betsy Ross and Aaron Burr. They didn't say anything about the horse thieves and other ne'er-do-wells that I'm descended from, but I'm sure we both have our share of those.

Kathryn

Are all of your ancestors from the 1640s? I've only got one that I know of who fought in the Revolutionary War, and that side of the family was also related to Ulysses Grant's wife, whose family were largely slave-owning pro-Confederates. They also claim descent from Betsy Ross and Aaron Burr. They didn't say anything about the horse thieves and other ne'er-do-wells that I'm descended from, but I'm sure we both have our share of those.
The latest I can find came over in the 1730s. I have people who fought in the Revolutionary War and both sides of the Civil War. And I'm sure I have some horse thieves and other ne're do wells as well, but I don't know about any of them.