• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Oh. But what about Trump's age? His mentality?
You all have been saying he is too old and his mentality is failing.

Trump would indeed be the oldest person ever elected to the presidency, a job that visibly ages even younger, more vigorous people. Obviously, you seem to prefer the old geezer who believes that immigrants are stealing cats and eating them in Springfield, Ohio. We would expect no less of a mentally stable genius. His evidence was that he saw someone on television saying it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And you don't make sense to anyone else (like that statement I asked you to explain, which you didn't). So at least it's consistent.

Well try to avoid it.
If you are more skilled then me, explain the Phillips Curve to me.
And how it can apply to the US economy.
In your words. I will notice if you use copied definitions. :)

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm saying its irrelevant. They both failed.

Rev and Billy take a test.
Rev fails by 5 points
Billy fails by 15 points.

The teacher informs them they both failed.
Rev exclaims but Billy failed worse!
The teacher says that's irrelevant.
It doesn't change your grade. You both failed.
The word "context" comes to mind, here.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
his base will love his taking it to that uppity woman.
The proper labels for conservative bigotry is the following: Women are independent or dykes. Blacks are uppity. Atheists are militant. Let's keep our categories separate. And altogether, it's wokeness among Marxist social justice workers.
That promise of a cash give away should buy her several votes.
Probably. Hopefully.
One of the only positive things I can say about Trump is that he seems to want to avoid war and foreign entanglements.
For now.

Trump admires Putin. If Putin can steal a country, Trump will want one, too. All Trump cares about is Trump, and that would be a feather in his cap.
And that the race is essentially a toss-up. What does that say about such a huge chunk of the American people?
Nothing flattering. American culture is presently as decadent as it has ever been, and that's a low bar. It says that even if America dodges this bullet, it still has to contend with a relatively mindless and easily indoctrinated electorate, which means that those people will give their government to their enemies again when one a little less demented comes along next time. It's a given that these defenseless people will be selling their country out for promises of magic beans:

I have squandered my resistance
For a pocketful of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest​
Sure blame it all on the pandemic.
Acute inflation became a global problem during the pandemic. Do the math.
Chronic lying by politicians ought to be an issue.
If you're MAGA, you support lying.
killed an innocent woman called Ashley Babbit.
Innocent? She was a traitor and was executed invading her country's government - the one that had paid her to defend it earlier. She got what she deserved that day.
Trump had nothing to with Jan 6, so saying he did is a baseless claim.
Saying that Trump had nothing to do with the insurrection that he commissioned and encouraged is the baseless claim.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
One question remained unanswered was:
will they allow abortion at the eighth month?

And the candidate pleaded the fifth. :)
She did not - some viewers were either not paying attention or are ignorant about how fetal development works (possibly both). She was very clear that plan is to reinstate the protections of Roe v. Wade, which is at fetal viability (~6 months).

Vice President Harris said:
I have talked with women around our country. You want to talk about this is what people wanted? Pregnant women who want to carry a pregnancy to term suffering from a miscarriage, being denied care in an emergency room because the health care providers are afraid they might go to jail and she's bleeding out in a car in the parking lot? She didn't want that. Her husband didn't want that. A 12 or 13-year-old survivor of incest being forced to carry a pregnancy to term? They don't want that. And I pledge to you when Congress passes a bill to put back in place the protections of Roe v. Wade as president of the United States, I will proudly sign it into law.

This is a very commonsensical position that respects basic and fundamental human rights. And avoids, you know, a form of state-sanctioned slavery of its people.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
She did not - some viewers were either not paying attention or are ignorant about how fetal development works (possibly both). She was very clear that plan is to reinstate the protections of Roe v. Wade, which is at fetal viability (~6 months).
In my view, even after 5th month is murder.
So sixth month is unthinkable.
I would have appreciated if she had pointed out the exact month.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Innocent? She was a traitor and was executed invading her country's government - the one that had paid her to defend it earlier. She got what she deserved that day.
Excuse you? A person deserved to... get shot and killed? You really want to go there? Really?

Sure, call her a traitor - but saying someone deserved to get shot and killed? Dude.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's fair, though given the complexities of biology and human development there's a reason an exact time stamp wasn't put on the point of viability. It actually varies depending on the case. Somewhere ballpark 24 weeks. But something a lot of folks don't seem to understand is that this age isn't determined based on the fetus, it's determined based on biological functions of the mother - the date of her last period. This means the age of the fetus is always going to be less than the number reported by some margin. In any case, viability is better assessed by a medical doctor in consultation with the woman and her family where applicable, not dictated by politicians. At least in a country that claims it is about freedom.

Alien826

No religious beliefs

She sort of did. She said she wanted to reinstate (not the exact word) Roe, (and confirmed in a later case, Casey) which established the limit at "viability". At the time that was around 28 weeks. Now it's more like 23-24 weeks.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Your math doesn't take into account the massive amount of money they have that is so massively more than the rest of the citizens. When i say fair taxation I mean rich people shouldn't pay a smaller percentage than the average middle class verson. Rememebr when Romney was running for president and it was revealed that his tax rate was vastly lower than the average citizen? Sure he paid more in total tax, but his wealth was so much more that it's an irrelevant point. When I say fsair taxation I mean the wealthy pay at LEAST the same percentage as the middle class. No fancy tax lawyers finding loopjoles, no tax shelters to hide money. No, if they benefit from the economy we all contribute to they should pull their weight for the massive financial gains they make.

Trump wants to keep his 2017 tax cuts, but Harris says no, let them expire and take the added revenue and help the middle class get ahead in the face of global inflation. The average citizens shouldn't stress out over higher food prices at the same time the rich are accumulating more wealth.
It’s not my math. And they very often have more because they earned more. They more than pay their fair share regardless of the rate.

But let’s play this out. What percentage of the governments revenue should the top 10% be responsible for??? 80%? 90%? 100%?

Watchmen

Premium Member
That's only because, so far, we haven't heard from anyone who has declared themselves to be undecided. I'm guessing undecideds don't participate in debates like this -- only those scrabbling for their own side.

And yet, it's the undecideds that are going to make the final decision in November.
I’m undecided.

We Never Know

No Slack
Trump would indeed be the oldest person ever elected to the presidency, a job that visibly ages even younger, more vigorous people. Obviously, you seem to prefer the old geezer who believes that immigrants are stealing cats and eating them in Springfield, Ohio. We would expect no less of a mentally stable genius. His evidence was that he saw someone on television saying it.
Lol. I dont like the old geezer.
Never have pushed the old geezer.

Its funny now that Biden is out, the left forgets how they claimed Biden wasn't too old and was mentally fit. Oh and how they pushed Biden lol.

So either youns actually believed that or were being dishonest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are wrong. Do you also remember 8%?
The highest under trump was 2.3%.

Yes, we remember that. Do you seriously think that was Biden's fault? Guess what? It was not Trump's fault either. Sometimes inflation cannot be blamed on a President. What is important in such cases is how they recover from it. Biden's goal was a "soft landing". He wanted to go back to the old rates, but he is too aware of economics to try to force a change that results in sudden changes. Sudden changes can be very bad for the economy. We are getting very close to the goal and it was done without any undue hardship on anyone. That is a "soft landing'.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
She sort of did. She said she wanted to reinstate (not the exact word) Roe, (and confirmed in a later case, Casey) which established the limit at "viability". At the time that was around 28 weeks. Now it's more like 23-24 weeks.
With all due respect, but I guess there are bioethical reasons why in most European countries, the limit doesn't go beyond a certain threshold.
It's 12th week in Germany, 14th week in France, and so on...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Covid has financially hurt many people since 2020. House prices are up. Starting a business cost are up. Child care is up. Etc etc
Her plan...if she wins...
-Give start up business $50k tax deductions
-$6k for the first year of your child's life
-House down payment of $25k first time buyers

Not a bad thing but why hasn't it been done already? Their administration could have already done those things. That promise of a cash give away should buy her several votes.
Because we had a more dire problem at the time. Those sort of programs can be inflationary. The one time that you do not introduce them is when one is trying to get inflation under control again. Biden's main goal for the last two years has been to get inflation under control.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If you are more skilled then me, explain the Phillips Curve to me.
I never claimed to be proficient in economics. However my critical thinking skill is vastly superior to yours.

You might be able to read some text from an economic text book and get the definition correct, but your beliefs about what is going on in the real world are often contrary to fact and reason. Anyone can learn about an economic theory, but if that person can't accept facts then is it irrelevant.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Lol. I dont like the old geezer.
Never have pushed the old geezer.

Its funny now that Biden is out, the left forgets how they claimed Biden wasn't too old and was mentally fit. Oh and how they pushed Biden lol.

So either youns actually believed that or were being dishonest.

You're right the media did try to gaslight the left that Biden was AOK, but very few Democratic voters actually thought that. What I heard from people around me was a collective sigh of relief and a "thank God" when he stepped down

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Excuse you? A person deserved to... get shot and killed? You really want to go there? Really?

Sure, call her a traitor - but saying someone deserved to get shot and killed? Dude.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "deserved", but remember. A greatly outnumbered group of police were faced with a mob that was brandishing improvised weapons while trying to get into the building, and smashing windows in the process. This woman decided to climb through a window and one of the cops shot her. Are you surprised? Cops shoot people that are attacking them quite often and few people judge them for it. Instead, let's note that was the only shot fired by police that day (I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong). That shows a remarkable restraint on the part of the police. I haven't heard much praise for them on this basis, just criticism that one cop defended himself, and an attempted labeling as martyrdom for the woman, who brought it on herself, though I imagine she was caught up in the moment.