• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The U.S. constitution is extremely clear that it is up to the states to run the elections.

Aside from that, your question makes no sense.
That would be fine for internal State elections, but Federal elections require cooperation with all the states , and that would require a fair set of rules that all states can agree with and abide by.

Monty

So did the insurrection happen in Colorado to warrant the trial in Colorado? Was there two insurrections then?

So you finally admit this kangaroo kourt is a complete sham, since as you state in no uncertain terms that Trump was not involved in any crime ever in Colorado.
That depends if your constitution has any meaning including the 14th amendment section 3, or not worth the paper it's printed on, like the declaration of independence which says that Jefferson's and Washington's slaves had the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and says nothing at all about their women.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That would be fine for internal State elections, but Federal elections require cooperation with all the states , and that would require a fair set of rules that all states can agree with and abide by.
I don't care if you think it is fine or not. It is what the Constitution says.

Twilight Hue

That depends if your constitution has any meaning including the 14th amendment section 3, or not worth the paper it's printed on, like the declaration of independence which says that Jefferson's and Washington's slaves had the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and says nothing at all about their women.
It's a bit like the Bible isn't it?

The words are there , but interpretation can be vague and unclear leading to debates like this one here.

But as they say, you have to choose sides and the results of the exchanges and banter will speak for itself as it gets determined by by the ruling class in this nation who decides these things over us common people.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
How many times do you have to be told you can't be convicted over the same crime, not to mention at the time of this posting , Trump is presently guilty of absolutely nothing, zero, nada, that would warrant removal from any political ballot?

It's just deploying a weaponized judicial system to get rid of political opponents by bastardizing the Constitution by the hive mind left.

That's what it is really all about.

Most certainly the Supreme Court of this nation will settle it one-way or another.
What was Trump convicted of in Colorado?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Why did Colorado convene a court to remove Trump from the ballot if there is no conviction?
Your inability to answer that question is seriously taxing your credibility.

As for your question, I shall not be addressing it until AFTER you address my question.

Though I will give you a hint, your above question has already been answered by others in this very thread.

Twilight Hue

As for your question, I shall not be addressing it until AFTER you address my question.

Though I will give you a hint, your above question has already been answered by others in this very thread.
I'm not playing your stupid game. You haven't made sense this entire thread.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It's a bit like the Bible isn't it?
Only in the sense that people who have never read it still think they know what it says.

But the constitution is not that complicated, it is not that long and does not contain anywhere near the number on contradictions that the Bible does. You can read the Constitution in an afternoon. I recommend doing so.

Twilight Hue

Maybe I will play your stupid little game a bit longer. Here's a synopsis from the experts and from a reliable source both listing the pros and cons of the matter which it was a divided issue even with the experts.

I'm with the crowd that says Trump was denied due process and was subjected to double jeopardy as he was already indicted for insurrection which the trial starts in March 2024 and cannot be tried elsewhere for the same crime. What this farce of a trial is all about is for no other reason than to illegally remove him by bastardizing the Constitution and to give the neo-Democrats an illegal advantage.

Even the lower courts didn't want to touch this and allowed Trump to remain on The ballot and rightfully so until until this particular court arrived on the scene and bastardized the Constitution just for the purpose to gain an advantage for the neo-Democrats through what is none other than an attempt at election interference.

But of course this will be a matter for the Supreme Court to decide, and its their decision that will be the final answer on the matter and that will be that.

Twilight Hue

Does this mean you are going to stop making a fool of yourself over it until after the Supreme Court decision?

Nothing your saying in the entirety of this thread has made any sense whatsoever and it clearly shows. You've contradicted and ignored just about every expert out there.

But yea, I'll accept whatever decision the Supreme Court makes which is likely going to be keeping Trump on the ballot, thus preserving the Integrity and legitimacy of the election system in the United States.

If not, I'm just going to grab some popcorn and watch candidates getting booted off state ballots across the country without due process while the left makes a mockery of the election system in this country as they continue on with their power grabs by eliminating any threat to their power and control over people.

Watchmen

Premium Member
No doubt Trumps behavior is terrible. But I believe in the constitution and due process.
Do you not consider Trump's own behavior as the reason he is in such massive legal difficulties? Your comments seem to suggest he is some poor, innocent bystander being attacked by the Establishment. Sixteen states are considering removing him from the ballots due to his part in election fraud and conspiracy against the United States.

Wandering Monk

By
No doubt Trumps behavior is terrible. But I believe in the constitution and due process.
So you think Trumps disqualification by the Colorado Supreme Court is unconstitutional, even though the Constitution says the anyone who took an oath to support the Constitution and engaged in insurrection is ineligible to become president. I see.

Watchmen

Premium Member
By

So you think Trumps disqualification by the Colorado Supreme Court is unconstitutional, even though the Constitution says the anyone who took an oath to support the Constitution and engaged in insurrection is ineligible to become president. I see.
You know you’re twisting things and you’re leaving out due process.