• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Clizby Wampuscat

When did he lie when he took the oath of office? "Lying under oath" is a specific thing in courts of law, as I understand it. I've never seen evidence Biden has lied under oath. But these kinds of accusations get thrown around all the time to deflect and minimize the serious crimes Trump and his ilk have committed. That way people can reduce their cognitive dissonance when they vote for him.
Ok, this can be said of the left. The evidence is out there to convict Biden of actual crimes. The dems don't even want to investigate him so spare me this. When will the dems get serious about corruption no matter where it is?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
ROTFLMAO
You mean every expert you hand picked to listen to because they said what you wanted to hear, right?

The only way Trump will win the Presidency, if he even makes it onto the ballot, is if the Electoral College appoints him.
Well I think I pretty much said what I wanted to say on my part. The hive mind Democrats has bastardized the Constitution and interfered with our election system but the damage is done now.

As far as I'm concerned , all that remains is to see what the decision of the Supreme Court is, and or possibly watch politicians now get kicked off of State ballots across this country in the interim which would actually be quite a sight to behold. Not that it would be anything to be proud of.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well I think I pretty much said what I wanted to say on my part.
The hive mind Democrats has bastardized the Constitution and interfered with our election system but the damage is done now.

As far as I'm concerned , all that remains is to see what the decision of the Supreme Court is, and or possibly watch politicians now get kicked off of State ballots across this country in the interim which would actually be quite a sight to behold. Not that it would be anything to be proud of.
If only that were true

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And that needs to be fixed.

The fact that this logic can now be applied to our supposedly 'secure and protected ' election system and can be used to remove political opponents willy nilly is absolutely shocking and appalling in this country.

But of course the hive mind Democrats don't really care about any of that. Bastardizing the Constitution and removing political opponents is the stock and trade of these people. Just another day at the office.
Wait, are you saying that if an obviously guilty person gets found not guilty due to jury bias that it means that the victims of that crime should not be able to sue that person? You are making even less sense now.

Clizby Wampuscat

I agree, I watched the videos of the jan 6 attack and then when trump turned on pence for doing his duty to ratify the election.

What I cannot measure is how simple minded a person would have to be to defend or support trump. My best solution is to remove the voting rights of any person that voted for him in 2016.
Leftists love dictictorial edicts, I bet you would love the power of the government to disfranchised your political opponents.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, this can be said of the left. The evidence is out there to convict Biden of actual crimes. The dems don't even want to investigate him so spare me this. When will the dems get serious about corruption no matter where it is?
Where is the evidence? I keep hearing from Republicans that there is no evidence. If there is evidence of him doing crimes, then yes. Let's convict him. But when a person claims that such evidence exists and then cannot produce it leads to the conclusion that that person was talking out of a lower orifice.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wait, are you saying that if an obviously guilty person gets found not guilty due to jury bias that it means that the victims of that crime should not be able to sue that person? You are making even less sense now.
Yeah when it comes to lawsuits and getting money, or recompense in some fashion, but I don't think that really applies, or was intended to be used as a weapon on political candidacy itself by removing said person with the intent to gain the upper hand in an election.

Clizby Wampuscat

Dude was the ringleader of the insurrection. Just ask his supporters, they'll tell you they were there on his behalf.
Without his constant and endlessly repeated claims about the election being stolen (that his supporters bought hook, line and sinker) there wouldn't have been an insurrection. The whole entire thing was about HIM staying in power.
Ok, Trump said to march peaceably. He never told them to riot or enter the capital etc. It is a reach to say he wanted an insurrection. Questioning an election is his right just like it was Hillary's right. She still denies Trump won in 2016. Show us where Trump said to take over the capital. You cannot.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

What evidence?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The article states that Trump was considering giving pardons to those convicted for crimes connected with January 6th. Would that constitute aid and comfort?
Possibly. That would be after the fact. But the attempted insurrection and Trump's role in it is part of the indictment. It is on page 6. I cannot copy and paste this source for some reason:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Where is the evidence?

<yawn>

What evidence?​
"Among their claims, which have yet to be supported by direct evidence, is that President Biden was involved in or personally profited from his family's foreign business dealings, or that he improperly influenced policy based on them during his time as vice president."​
[source] [emphasis added - JS]​
Just more honking from the Trumpeter Pawns.​

</yawn>

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, Trump said to march peaceably. He never told them to riot or enter the capital etc. It is a reach to say he wanted an insurrection. Questioning an election is his right just like it was Hillary's right. She still denies Trump won in 2016. Show us where Trump said to take over the capital. You cannot.
Now you are cherry picking. Yes, he did say that once. But he repeatedly told them that they had to fight. Specifically "fight like hell". You cannot cherry pick evidence. When you do so you make your case weaker when the cherry picking is exposed. There were far more exhortations to act violently in that speech than there were to act peacefully.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why did Colorado convene a court to remove Trump from the ballot if there is no conviction?
Perhaps they hoped to keep Trump off the ballot without one. Or maybe they expected that such a ruling would be overturned and simply wanted to humiliate and enrage Trump. I wouldn't object if that were the case. You'd have to ask them.
I'm with the crowd that says Trump was denied due process and was subjected to double jeopardy as he was already indicted for insurrection
And you're all incorrect. Indictments result in criminal trials as Trump and his orbit of also soon-to-be felons will soon see. Impeachments don't.
Which is Colorado not following the Constitution as it applies to Trump whom is a private citizen now.
Not your call. Judges decide on constitutionality, not private citizens.

Do you ever watch the videos on the Internet showing people in confrontations with the police on the streets or judges in courtrooms? These people are continually asserting rights they don't have and like you, calling assorted official actions unlawful or unconstitutional, but they also aren't the ones who decide such matters.
It is a reach to say he wanted an insurrection.
It's a reach to say he didn't.
Questioning an election is his right
Yes, it was, but trying to subvert one wasn't.