• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well the framers of this country instituted it, and I personally think it's because of fair representation, because some states are more populated than other states which means there would always be a biased result that favors more populated states as opposed to those who are more rural and isolated that would likely have different needs and wants because of it.

Having electors seems to address that issue , even though it may not look fair in terms of mass popularity, or desire for a particular candidate to win via straight majority.

If it's proving to be that much of a problem then all it takes is a constitutional convention to adjust it, but obviously none has been called as of yet.
No, that is not why it was done that way. It was a compromise to give a little more power to the more lightly populated South at that time. Giving small states a bit of extra power does not help them at all these days. Now due to modern campaigning techniques the only states that might benefit are the battleground states.

Monty

I think that you have it backwards. The Constitution says that he cannot run since he participated in an attempted insurrection. The people not following the Constitution are the Trump supporters.
And if he didn't directly engage in insurrection or rebellion against the Constitution or give aid, he certainly gave comfort to the enemies thereof.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It’s criminal. Notice the four indictments with 91 counts. It’s as if some folks think these are baseless.

What do you think is going on? Everything you are complaining about IS the process. It’s ugly but this is why standards are built in to our political system, to minimize the corruption and cheating. Trump happens to be a worst case scenario that is challenging our democracy and system of justice, and unless he is not able to manipulate the legal system long enough, and stupid citizens don’t elect this criminal (with a minority of the voting public) then he’s going to be convicted of some of the counts, if not all.

Trump is only starting. The closer to the election the worse he will become. His followers are already threatening everyone involved in law cases against him, how long before they act?
Thank you for confirming you care more about being Trump down than upholding the Constitution. Colorado got it wrong and you’re right, the system will correct.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I think that you have it backwards. The Constitution says that he cannot run since he participated in an attempted insurrection. The people not following the Constitution are the Trump supporters.
I am not a Trump supporter. Colorado got it wrong. No due process. Have you read the dissent? Are you aware legal experts almost unanimously agree that Colorado will be overturned?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am not a Trump supporter. Colorado got it wrong. No due process. Have you read the dissent? Are you aware legal experts almost unanimously agree that Colorado will be overturned?
I have not read the dissent. Nor have I heard that most legal experts say that it will be overturned. They are likely right. but that has more to do with our corrupt Supreme Court than whether the use of that Amendment was justified or not. The 6-3 majority of the Supreme Court is partially by cheating by the Republicans. The way they abused the process may come back to bite them some day. It would still be Republican appointed majority if they had followed the rules consistently, but it would be a 5-4 one. A 5-4 SC tends to be more honorable than one where either side has a strong majority.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And I wonder how many of the 538 actual voters will choose to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or other candidates next year instead of two geriatrics.
And who selects the 538 voters who are free to vote for whoever they prefer, including themselves?
Well Colin Powell passed away unfortunately and I've had several posts in the past relaying my desire to have him as president on the Republican ticket.

Unfortunately that hope is no longer possible.

Having a Native American president would be very very interesting. It would be a first step in a good direction I would think, but something like that would remain to be seen as I'm fairly certain the elites now in charge would never allow that to happen.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well Colin Powell passed away unfortunately and I've had several posts in the past relaying my desire to have him as president on the Republican ticket.

Unfortunately that hope is no longer possible.

Having a Native American president would be very very interesting. It would be a first step in a good direction I would think, but something like that would remain to be seen as I'm fairly certain the elites now in charge would never allow that to happen.

What about having the first woman President being a Republican?

Twilight Hue

What about having the first woman President being a Republican?
I'd vote for Condoleezza Rice or even Caitlin Jenner making it the first trans woman as president.

In reality though, I really just want somebody smart and intelligent enough to bring this country back together and put it back on the track of prosperity and succes for all people but in today's climate that's simply too much to ask for.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd vote for Condoleezza Rice or even Caitlin Jenner making it the first trans woman as president.

In reality though, I really just want somebody smart and intelligent enough to bring this country back together and put it back on the track of prosperity and succes for all people but in today's climate that's simply too much to ask for.
Oh, so you are voting for Joe Biden. Nice.

Bthoth

Leftists love dictictorial edicts, I bet you would love the power of the government to disfranchised your political opponents.
Trump is a dictator and if any do not submit, he will turn on them, just like his attorneys and vice president.

I am the kind that suggest disenfranchise any that were so weak minded to actually vote for trump.
I am conservative and as a conservative, 'we' try to comprehend the kind of man/woman to vote for before just casting a vote because of how good looking their wife is.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yep. It demonstrates in full view of everyone who are cognizant of the fact that these particular Democrats number one priority right now is hating and removing one's political opponents to the point that it's much more important than the Constitution and the Integrity of the election system itself in order to win power and control over others.

They absolutely hate this country's election system and have made no secret about it and their attempt to destroy it in favor of their own election system being put in place while spouting out unending platitudes that justifies this behavior in their own eyes.

If it means destroying and or bastardizing the Constitution and the protections in this country , they will do that and they have already shown it by what they've done here in Colorado. It does support Trump's assertion of the modern Democrats willingness to fix elections in their favor, so all this is going to accomplish is further strengthening Trump's campaign and support of which I'm sure they're terrified of.

I'm very happy that people are seeing what this disgraceful bench 'trial' is doing to our election system though, and that this isn't really about Trump but something far more important if we want to keep having free and fair elections and protecting the integrity and security of our own election system from undue interference by malicious political parties attempting to change key definitions of our election process in their favor.

This intense desire by modern day Democrats to take over the country for themselves as a one mind, one party rule, not unlike Communist China is, has to stop.
I knew it wasn't true...

Watchmen

Premium Member
I have not read the dissent. Nor have I heard that most legal experts say that it will be overturned. They are likely right. but that has more to do with our corrupt Supreme Court than whether the use of that Amendment was justified or not. The 6-3 majority of the Supreme Court is partially by cheating by the Republicans. The way they abused the process may come back to bite them some day. It would still be Republican appointed majority if they had followed the rules consistently, but it would be a 5-4 one. A 5-4 SC tends to be more honorable than one where either side has a strong majority.
There you go being partisan again. The dissenters in Colorado were Democrats. At least one legal expert has suggested the Supreme Court will rule 9-0 on this issue.

Calling the Court corrupt is more Khmer Rouge tactics.

Twilight Hue

Oh, so you are voting for Joe Biden. Nice.
No. If I was that desperate, I'd concider voting for AOC as my new neutron bomb. I was just using the wrong ammo with Trump being a stick of dynamite.

AOC however can kill the Democrat party from within, to what I feel would be in spectacular fashion where nobody who respects freedom and liberty would ever want to vote for Democrat ever again aside from the Marxist and Communist crowds because this country afterwards wouldn't have anymore freedom and liberty.

My logic is since the freedom horse would be mortally wounded already by Democrats, it would be best to just put it down out of its misery out right via President comrade AOC and move to Texas after it secedes from the Union and the long anticipated national divorce can become a reality.

But that of course would only be if I was that desperate and close to leaving this planet of the apes forever where I will await my third heart attack to do me in.

Monty

Even in his present condition now he'd still do a better job than Trump who is developing Alzheimer's like his father.

Depends how many of the 538 voters choose not to vote for geriatrics.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Too many people are making too much money on political divisiveness. (Capitalism at work,) Have they reached the "too big to fail" status yet? (Wait, that's not capitalism!)

F1fan

Veteran Member
Thank you for confirming you care more about being Trump down than upholding the Constitution. Colorado got it wrong and you’re right, the system will correct.
Trump brought himself down. Recognizing his actions and applying the law is the consequence. You don’t seem to value the constitution or the law. Notice no other candidate is having any similar problems with law enforcement, or election boards.