• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump trial proves to be political after all

Laniakea

Not of this world
I couldn't care less. Except that what happens in the US still has influence in the rest of the world, especially Europe.
And as a German, I feel an obligation to help prevent others from repeating our errors.

As an American, I feel an obligation to help prevent others from repeating our errors, namely putting liberals and progressives in charge, resulting a breakdown in culture, an increase in inflation and crime rates, and a surrendering of the country to invaders.
But you like how Europe is doing? Good! They at least understand the importance of border security. Our current regime does not: Europe finds appeal in border fences once again

Laniakea

Not of this world
To answer the original thread question ... yes it is political but only because the GOP have made it so.
The GOP didn't send Biden's people to troll the jury outside the courthouse. The GOP doesn't have a president standing at the podium with the U.S. presidential seal on it and claiming that his political opponent is the "biggest threat to democracy". They also aren't the ones who decided to put the opposition party's candidate for president on trial just before the election--well after the statute of limitations on the "crime" ran out. Nor did the GOP set a sentencing date just 4 days before the RNC convention.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The GOP didn't send Biden's people to troll the jury outside the courthouse. The GOP doesn't have a president standing at the podium with the U.S. presidential seal on it and claiming that his political opponent is the "biggest threat to democracy". They also aren't the ones who decided to put the opposition party's candidate for president on trial just before the election--well after the statute of limitations on the "crime" ran out. Nor did the GOP set a sentencing date just 4 days before the RNC convention.
So what? Trump made it political long before that. That was the Biden response to Trump and his clown show. Who made it political? Trump did.

By the way, the Trial would have been a lot faster if Trump had owned up to the obvious. All sorts of documents bearing Trump's signatures had to be verified by Trump employees who testified that "Yes, Trump signed that'. That might have saved a week off of the trial if that was admitted to ahead of time. Trump put as many petty roadblocks in the way of the trial as possible. It only slowed it down. They did not help him at all. The jury would have definitely have known why they had to go through all of that testimony and to make it even worse there were two attorneys on the jury that would have spotted those tactics. Trump is so used to dealing with uninformed people or appealing to the lowest common denominator that he appears to assume that everyone is stupid and can be fooled.

His strategy did not work.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good grief, I touched a nerve!

Biden has stayed out of it, there's been no 'Lock him up' like Trump did with Clinton.
Trump sees the guilty verdict as a vote winner and is playing it to raise money.
Trump committed crimes, a jury found him guilty, he is a crook and to be honest this is one of his lesser crimes.
If he doesn't manage to pardon himself just wait until his real crimes reach court.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Screenshot_20240601_132908_Facebook.jpg

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am embarrassed to be American right now. Almost as much as when Bill Clinton was in office and there was the little blue dress and he was sticking cigars in Monica's twat in the Oval Office and I lived in Germany, but not quite. Almost though.

Is this really the best we can do? Is this the gift the 2 party system has given us? How can we change things?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I am embarrassed to be American right now. Almost as much as when Bill Clinton was in office and there was the little blue dress and he was sticking cigars in Monica's twat in the Oval Office and I lived in Germany, but not quite. Almost though.

Is this really the best we can do? Is this the gift the 2 party system has given us? How can we change things?

Start by getting ranked voting. That can be done without changing the Constitution. But as long as the 2 parties benefit from the current state of affiars, it will require voters across the specturum to for it, to get it to happen.

Laniakea

Not of this world
That is an irrational assumption. Just a not, though not "proof" that a person is wrong and knows it but irrational people especially will use "Whataboutism" when they know that they are wrong. Why do you not try to stay on topic and support your claims?

Sounds like you're talking to yourself there, so I'll let you read it again.

Laniakea

Not of this world
So what? Trump made it political long before that. That was the Biden response to Trump and his clown show. Who made it political? Trump did.

By the way, the Trial would have been a lot faster if Trump had owned up to the obvious. All sorts of documents bearing Trump's signatures had to be verified by Trump employees who testified that "Yes, Trump signed that'. That might have saved a week off of the trial if that was admitted to ahead of time. Trump put as many petty roadblocks in the way of the trial as possible. It only slowed it down. They did not help him at all. The jury would have definitely have known why they had to go through all of that testimony and to make it even worse there were two attorneys on the jury that would have spotted those tactics. Trump is so used to dealing with uninformed people or appealing to the lowest common denominator that he appears to assume that everyone is stupid and can be fooled.

His strategy did not work.
You clearly don't know what it means to make a court trial political.
I'll let you go and learn before you write any more.

Kathryn

Start by getting ranked voting. That can be done without changing the Constitution. But as long as the 2 parties benefit from the current state of affiars, it will require voters across the specturum to for it, to get it to happen.
Well, I am going to vote, that's for sure, but not for either old, rich, white guy. I won't have either on my conscience, that's for sure.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Good grief, I touched a nerve!

Biden has stayed out of it, there's been no 'Lock him up' like Trump did with Clinton.
Trump sees the guilty verdict as a vote winner and is playing it to raise money.
Trump committed crimes, a jury found him guilty, he is a crook and to be honest this is one of his lesser crimes.
If he doesn't manage to pardon himself just wait until his real crimes reach court.

He sends the "campaign" bearing his name to troll the jury outside the courthouse just as the jury was deliberating, and then biden himself grandstands after the verdict. How do you identify that as biden "stayed out of it"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, I am going to vote, that's for sure, but not for either old, rich, white guy. I won't have either on my conscience, that's for sure.
Is the problem being rich, white, old, or male?
Those traits are independent of Trump's treasonous
behavior, & Biden's genocidal anti-civil libertarianism.
Let's not allow bigotry to guide our judgement.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Is the problem being rich, white, or old?
Those traits are independent of Trump's treasonous
behavior, & Biden's genocidal anti-civil libertarianism.
Let's not allow bigotry to guide our judgement.
I don't much mind the rich, white, old part as much as I mind the two party system. Hell, I was MARRIED to an old, white, rich guy for a long time! He wasn't old when I first married him but he got that way. Oh well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't much mind the rich, white, old part as much as I mind the two party system.
But you do mind to some lesser extent
their being rich, white, old, &/or male?

I mind their doing evil things, regardless
of their race, religion, sex, age, & wealth.
It was also wrong when Obama did
wrongful things, but not because he
was black (partly) or white (partly).

Kathryn

But you do mind to some lesser extent
their being rich, white, old, &/or male?

I mind their doing evil things, regardless
of their race, religion, sex, age, & wealth.
It was also wrong when Obama did
wrongful things, but not because he
was black (partly) or white (partly).
I don't really mind them being rich, white, old and/or male. Like I said, I was married to a rich, white, old man for many years. (He wasn't old when I married him but he got that way over time.) He was the absolute love of my life. These two just both happen to be too old to be President! And probably too rich, now that I think about it. But my main issue is the evil things they keep doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't really mind them being rich, white, old and/or male. Like I said, I was married to a rich, white, old man for many years. (He wasn't old when I married him but he got that way over time.) He was the absolute love of my life. These two just both happen to be too old to be President! And probably too rich, now that I think about it. But my main issue is the evil things they keep doing.
Be careful whom you dis.
Don't make it about something innocent.
Decry the evil they do.