• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump trial proves to be political after all

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Private citizens showing support is democracy.
A democrat president sending activists to his rival's trial shortly before an election is election interference, and very much political.

Biden clearly knows the MSM will back him up. Too bad he's also counting on the citizens of this country to not notice what's really going on. No wonder Trump managed to draw a huge crowd of supporters (black and hispanic) at a New York rally. Even New Yorkers can see through the political crap from Biden and his judge friends.
So creative

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, you are not. But you are supposed to respect the law and the court.
You may vote for a convicted criminal, but for someone from the "law and order" party that seems more than hypocritical.

Labels are a social construct.

They are (assuming you talk about the GOP, who aren't conservatives any more) - it just depends on who does the swaying. One day they had rock-hard principles, law, order, decency, family values; the other their designated authority is a chaotic, foul-mouthed, multiple adulterer and admitted fraud (yep, Trump was a fraud even before he was elected).
That's how easily pubs can be swayed.

I'm still voting for Trump, like it or not.

Yes, the verdict will most probably be appealed, and until then, can we agree that Trump has been convicted by a court that has to be respected under laws that have to be respected?
Alternatively, can we agree that the GOP has lost all respect for law and order?

Everyone know that the liberal side simply wanted to be able to say "Trump has been convicted" after years of saying, "January 6th!!!" for their arguments as to why they vote democrat. But seriously, be a bit more creative.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What makes you think that? What specific policies did he enact that did nor make him incompetent?

One thing I love is how the dems tried to say that Trump was taxing Americans by putting tariffs on Mexican-made vehicles: Trump says U.S. to impose 5% tariff on all Mexican imports beginning June 10 in dramatic escalation of border clash

But it's ok if BLIDEN does it, this time with China: https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/...riffs-billions-chinese-chips-cars-2024-05-14/

Laniakea

Not of this world
What will the line be once the appeal fails?

What is it you aren’t getting here? He actually did falsify business records, and he did it specifically to cover over something he thought would affect his chances of being elected. This is what actually happened. What is it that you imagine happened, instead of the real things that actually happened?

It won't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Heyo

Veteran Member
Labels are a social construct.
Non sequitur.
I'm still voting for Trump, like it or not.
I couldn't care less. Except that what happens in the US still has influence in the rest of the world, especially Europe.
And as a German, I feel an obligation to help prevent others from repeating our errors.
Everyone know that the liberal side simply wanted to be able to say "Trump has been convicted" after years of saying, "January 6th!!!" for their arguments as to why they vote democrat. But seriously, be a bit more creative.
People, not only "liberals", wanted to see if the law applies to everyone equally. Seeing that rich people, even in high places, can't get away with crimes, is satisfying as it shows us that the law is still working - at least sometimes.