• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump trial proves to be political after all

McBell

Admiral Obvious
1 min ago

Trump found guilty of falsifying business records in hush money scheme​

From CNN's Kara Scannell, Lauren del Valle and Jeremy Herb

A Manhattan jury has found Donald Trump guilty of falsifying business records in connection to Stormy Daniels hush money scheme.
He faces a 34 counts of falsifying business records.
The jury’s verdict is still being read in court.
Donald Trump is the first president in US history to be convicted of a felony.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The 34 counts stemmed from 11 invoices, 12 vouchers and 11 checks that make up Trump’s monthly reimbursement payments to Michael Cohen who fronted the $130,000 payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.
Follow the latest on the verdict for each of the counts below:
  • Count 1: GUILTY
  • Count 2: GUILTY
  • Count 3: GUILTY
  • Count 4: GUILTY
  • Count 5: GUILTY
  • Count 6: GUILTY
  • Count 7: GUILTY
  • Count 8: GUILTY
  • Count 9: GUILTY
  • Count 10: GUILTY
  • Count 11: GUILTY
  • Count 12: GUILTY
  • Count 13: GUILTY
  • Count 14: GUILTY
  • Count 15: GUILTY
  • Count 16: GUILTY
  • Count 17: GUILTY
  • Count 18: GUILTY
  • Count 19: GUILTY
  • Count 20: GUILTY
  • Count 21: GUILTY
  • Count 22: GUILTY
  • Count 23: GUILTY
  • Count 24: GUILTY
  • Count 25: GUILTY
  • Count 26: GUILTY
  • Count 27: GUILTY
  • Count 28: GUILTY
  • Count 29: GUILTY
  • Count 30: GUILTY
  • Count 31: GUILTY
  • Count 32: GUILTY
  • Count 33: GUILTY
  • Count 34: GUILTY

We Never Know

No Slack
The 34 counts stemmed from 11 invoices, 12 vouchers and 11 checks that make up Trump’s monthly reimbursement payments to Michael Cohen who fronted the $130,000 payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.
Follow the latest on the verdict for each of the counts below:
  • Count 1: GUILTY
  • Count 2: GUILTY
  • Count 3: GUILTY
  • Count 4: GUILTY
  • Count 5: GUILTY
  • Count 6: GUILTY
  • Count 7: GUILTY
  • Count 8: GUILTY
  • Count 9: GUILTY
  • Count 10: GUILTY
  • Count 11: GUILTY
  • Count 12: GUILTY
  • Count 13: GUILTY
  • Count 14: GUILTY
  • Count 15: GUILTY
  • Count 16: GUILTY
  • Count 17: GUILTY
  • Count 18: GUILTY
  • Count 19: GUILTY
  • Count 20: GUILTY
  • Count 21: GUILTY
  • Count 22: GUILTY
  • Count 23: GUILTY
  • Count 24: GUILTY
  • Count 25: GUILTY
  • Count 26: GUILTY
  • Count 27: GUILTY
  • Count 28: GUILTY
  • Count 29: GUILTY
  • Count 30: GUILTY
  • Count 31: GUILTY
  • Count 32: GUILTY
  • Count 33: GUILTY
  • Count 34: GUILTY
Let the cheering and celebrating, along with the whining and complaining begin.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Nothing says, "This is political" like the president of the United States sending a democrat activist to Trump's court trial (along with a few exploited Capitol cops) just as the jury is hearing closing arguments.
They jury doesn't agree with you.
They have 34 reasons.

Laniakea

Not of this world
They jury doesn't agree with you.
They have 34 reasons.
So? Am I supposed to let 12 New Yorkers and a biased judge with a daughter who raises money for democrats tell me who to vote for?
You seem to think conservatives are easily swayed.
BTW, the verdict will be appealed, and that's when the irregularities will be exposed. That judge should retire early if he doesn't want to end his career in disgrace.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So? Am I supposed to let 12 New Yorkers and a biased judge with a daughter who raises money for democrats tell me who to vote for?
The judge didn't make the verdict.
12 jurors heard the evidence, &
convicted him on 34 counts.
BTW, the verdict will be appealed, and that's when the irregularities will be exposed. That judge should retire early if he doesn't want to end his career in disgrace.
It's all a massive Democrat plot
against poor little Trump, eh.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Screenshot_20240530_195642_Google.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What "irregularities? If anything the judge was extremely careful to not show any bias. The problems is that the defense was trying to defend Trump. Trump appears to behind the reason that the defense used the one witness that they did and that ended up being disastrous for their case. The judge gave very clear and careful instructions to the jury indicating that they had to find Trump guilty it must be beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury very carefully considered every charge. That was why such an obvious verdict took so long. More than once they asked for information to make sure that they were sure on all counts.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The judge didn't make the verdict.
12 jurors heard the evidence, &
convicted him on 34 counts.
The judge decides who can speak, what they can say, what evidence can be presented, and plenty of other things that influences the jury's decision.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What "irregularities? If anything the judge was extremely careful to not show any bias.
His own daughter is a multimillion dollar fundraiser for the democrat party. If he wanted to be careful not to show bias, he would have recused himself.

The problems is that the defense was trying to defend Trump.
Yeah, that's what defense attorneys usually do. Do you see the error in your assertion now?

Trump appears to behind the reason that the defense used the one witness that they did and that ended up being disastrous for their case. The judge gave very clear and careful instructions to the jury indicating that they had to find Trump guilty it must be beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury very carefully considered every charge. That was why such an obvious verdict took so long. More than once they asked for information to make sure that they were sure on all counts.

The "counts" were for the same thing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The judge decides who can speak, what they can say, what evidence can be presented, and plenty of other things that influences the jury's decision.
The court has rules to follow. There are rules of criminal procedure that all members have to follow. The judge was very careful to manage the trial within the rules.

Right wingers are trying to present lies and disinformation about all aspects of the trial. Such fear and insecurity.

F1fan

Veteran Member
His own daughter is a multimillion dollar fundraiser for the democrat party. If he wanted to be careful not to show bias, he would have recused himself.
She is an adult who doesn't live at home. They live their own lives.
Yeah, that's what defense attorneys usually do. Do you see the error in your assertion now?
They had a notoriously difficult client, and a massive amount of evidence that included people who still support Trump, but they had to tell the truth.
Each illegal act is a crime. It's probably a good thing you don't have much knowledge about the law.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I know that she is a fundraiser. I do not think that she earns in the multi-millions. You might want to be more careful of how you write your sentences. So what? That is not evidence of anything. She was put on the "do not attack" list because she was the innocent daughter of the judge. You do not get to assume that she affects her father's legal decisions.

It is dishonest to break up an argument only part way through it. That technique does not work when you do that.
Try again.

You really are not that good of a debater to be able to use that technique. You have to be honest when you do it and the facts have to be on your side. In this case you failed at both of those.
Prove it. They do not look as if they were the "same thing" to me. If you mean the same crime done multiple times then "So what?" When a serial killer is convicted does he get off because he killed victims 2 through 34 the same way?

We Never Know

No Slack

Nothing says, "This is political" like the president of the United States sending a democrat activist to Trump's court trial (along with a few exploited Capitol cops) just as the jury is hearing closing arguments.

Someone needs to say its so I will.

Do I think he paid her off and covered it up? Yes.

Do I think it was purposely made out to more than it normally would have been because it was Trump? Yes

Do I think politics played a bigger role in it than it should have? Yes

Trumps biggest mistake during this trial was to think there was no way in hell he would get convicted. He is too used to getting his way. That was a mistake made by his ego and narcissism.

Under normal circumstances the offender would have taken a plea deal and had his hand slapped.

However this was far from normal in many ways.

And that is my opinion in short. Love it, hate it, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, you are not. But you are supposed to respect the law and the court.
You may vote for a convicted criminal, but for someone from the "law and order" party that seems more than hypocritical.
They are (assuming you talk about the GOP, who aren't conservatives any more) - it just depends on who does the swaying. One day they had rock-hard principles, law, order, decency, family values; the other their designated authority is a chaotic, foul-mouthed, multiple adulterer and admitted fraud (yep, Trump was a fraud even before he was elected).
That's how easily pubs can be swayed.
Yes, the verdict will most probably be appealed, and until then, can we agree that Trump has been convicted by a court that has to be respected under laws that have to be respected?
Alternatively, can we agree that the GOP has lost all respect for law and order?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Leftist fear mongering:

Climate change!
You were born in the wrong body!
Don't tell your parents! They won't understand!
Trump is Hitler!
Israel is the biggest threat to humanity!
Trump is the biggest threat to democracy!
Your car is the biggest threat to the planet!
Someone called me by the wrong pronoun!
The police are out to shoot black people!
The left pretty much is regarded as unstable as evidenced by the non stop ranting and pathological obsessions that really do nothing in any real practical or beneficial way for the nation.