• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Racism...Is that All it is?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I understand that there is a video of Trump actually eating a baby a few years back.
I know you’re joking but there is a nice story about how he recounts how he reacted to an 80 year old man who fell in Mar-a-Lago:

I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Some Marines help the man, and Trump continues:

““I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Your President, Ladies and Gentlemen. You can pretend that it’s all a lefty conspiracy to smear Trump, but the reality is, he’s really just a horrible person.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2018

Given his history, I think it's pretty conclusive that Trump is a racist, but do you think he's also a White Supremacist? Why or why not?
I think he's more of a "me supremacist" who holds grudges, and one of the grudges he holds is against black Americans and the civil rights movement because of the experiences of him and his father.

Calling him a white supremacist would imply that he's decided that the "white race" as a whole is better than other races, and I'm not sure that he's ever given enough thought to other people to make these sorts of sweeping conclusions about them.

My impression is that his worldview is more divided into:
- allies
- enemies
- influential people who may become enemies or allies

... and uninfluential people who haven't come onto his radar as allies or enemies just don't register.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in his mind, "****hole countries" are just countries where he wouldn't build a hotel.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I know you’re joking but there is a nice story about how he recounts how he reacted to an 80 year old man who fell in Mar-a-Lago:

I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Some Marines help the man, and Trump continues:

““I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Your President, Ladies and Gentlemen. You can pretend that it’s all a lefty conspiracy to smear Trump, but the reality is, he’s really just a horrible person.

Obviously fake news. The old man didn't fall off the stage, Trump pushed him. You're just trying to make Trump look good.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I don't know if we can determine that Trump is a white supremacist or not from that which is offered.

What I do find surprising is the lack of acknowledgement regarding Trump's behavior and actions.

I get that during election time many people swallowed Trump because they really despised Hillary. But now that the dust is clear and Hillary is no longer a threat, you would think people would at least acknowledge criticisms of Trump.

It is disheartening the lengths that people blindly follow any leader that is served to them. I suppose it would be the same for many if Hillary did get elected. Still doesn't make it any more right or comprehensible.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think he's more of a "me supremacist" who holds grudges, and one of the grudges he holds is against black Americans and the civil rights movement because of the experiences of him and his father.
I am not at all sure that he is really a racist, so much as he plays one on TV. The demographic he sells his schick to are pretty racist, so he plays to his base.
He would probably advocate nuking Chicago if he thought saying so would get him something.
Tom

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I am not at all sure that he is really a racist, so much as he plays one on TV. The demographic he sells his schick to are pretty racist, so he plays to his base.
He would probably advocate nuking Chicago if he thought saying so would get him something.
Tom
Good point. Regardless of whether he's personally racist, he's supported by racists who believed that electing him would accomplish their goals.

Edit: ... which they were right about, by and large.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Tom
It probably helps that a lot of his demographic of supporters who aren't racist are also part of the "I like him 'cause he speaks his mind and screw political correctness" crowd.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Good point. Regardless of whether he's personally racist, he's supported by racists who believed that electing him would accomplish their goals.

Edit: ... which they were right about, by and large.

I'm sure you're right, but could you maybe outline a few of these goals?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Obviously fake news. The old man didn't fall off the stage, Trump pushed him. You're just trying to make Trump look good.
It’s pretty bad that you have to take calling trump a horrible person as making him look good. Trump supporters, probably: “At least he’s not a terrible person.”

pearl

I think most people understand that, even if you do not.

Exactly. We use to have a better grasp of what decency is. Now it is referred to as 'pc crap'. Trump could have said third world countries with the same meaning. Following his comment further there is another tell that highlights his racism, his reference to the 'fair' skinned from Norway are preferable. In Trump's deplorable mindset this is his understanding of 'making America great again'.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm sure you're right, but could you maybe outline a few of these goals?
Here's one. He has managed to keep the focus on the immigrants and their kids, and protected the employers who benefit from giving away American jobs to illegal workers.
Tom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I mean if playing a game of race cards are going to be used to vilify Trump, you might as well include Hillary and Obama in their game for that matter.

I'm sure plenty of dirt (not that there is any shortage of material) could be dug up on them too that paints them as bigoted and racist.
Parroted right out of Fox and/or Limbaugh and/or Breitbart, or so it appears. Complete unadulterated nonsense minus facts or even basic logic.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Parroted right out of Fox and/or Limbaugh and/or Breitbart, or so it appears. Complete unadulterated nonsense minus facts or even basic logic.

Really?

And the fact that an immigration story was turned over on its side into a racist story solely because lefties saw a brilliant opportunity to bash Trump and create a bunch of nonsense about it?