• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Racism...Is that All it is?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And the fact that an immigration story was turned over on its side into a racist story solely because lefties saw a brilliant opportunity to bash Trump and create a bunch of nonsense about it?
If you actually spent some time doing your homework, you would well know that Trump has had a racist past and present, which even many in his party admit. It's not just about "immigration" as anyone with open eyes and ears should well know by now. Do you really need examples?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Let me know when you're done with the Trump witch hunts... :D

1970s - Trump’s claim that a racial discrimination suit was ‘brought against many real estate firms’. Important to note, the suit was against his father Fred not him - Fred was old as all hell by this time, so Donald was assisting in court appearances and anything else. It wasn't even his company, lol.

****hole Country Comment - Rep. Perdue refuted this ever occurred, and Dick Durbin has a history of reporting lies to journalists. I'm from Illinois, and we don't even trust him, lol.

The rest of this article: BS displaying fancy graphs which seem to indicate more white people vote for Trump so he must be racist, pfft. More white people vote for _anyone_ in this country because there are more white people than anyone else. Also, the KKK is voting Trump so that makes him a racist as well, pfft x2.

Pander to your confirmation biases if you like, but you're just fooling yourselves. :D

"He said, 'Well, I'm only doing what my boss told me to do — I am not allowed to rent to black tenants,' " Morse says.

The commissioner asked the building superintendent to take him to his boss. That turned out to be Trump Management."

Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

I guess you don't believe in apples falling far from the tree.

Trump can make a racist comment and people like you will write dissertations defending something that is blatantly racist. No wonder his base is so f*cking stupid.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It was an investigation. No charges, an agreement was made and everything was settled. It would be certainly a lot different if charges had been filed and Trump had to appear in a court of law as a defendant.

If that had been the case, you would definitely have had something there.

I'd be more impressed if there was solid evidence through documentation that Trump had instructed his managers, to refuse apartments to people on the basis of race alone.
You just don't read the articles you link to, do you?
If you say so.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yep i agree. Whatever is in the media I doubt it's going to be a complete story.

Even if Trump hadn't said it, I still think its right to say that people come from ******** countries. People do come from ******** countries. Screw that PC crap.

Southern parts of the U.S. is one of them

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
It was an investigation. No charges, an agreement was made and everything was settled. It would be certainly a lot different if charges had been filed and Trump had to appear in a court of law as a defendant.

If that had been the case, you would definitely have had something there.

I'd be more impressed if there was solid evidence through documentation that Trump had instructed his managers, to refuse apartments to people on the basis of race alone.

If you say so.

The problem with proving racism is you have to have concrete evidence. The man settled out of court but of course no admission to any guilt. But they had secret shoppers. One black, one white. Both with same financial background. The one that was black was told there were no availability. When the person who was white came was greeted with open arms and was offered the place.

The person was confronted later and claimed they were only told to not rent to blacks. Obviously Trump whether it was his daddy or young Trump is besides the point. Trump has never outwardly disassociated himself from racists.

Remember the Charlottesville situation? Remember Trump saying good people on both sides? Neo Nazis and Aryan Brotherhood and the like a good people with a history of violence against people of color?

Obama made a comment about Trayvon Martin being like a son when he was murdered and Obama received backlash and called racist. Trump claiming good people among white supremacists had no such backlash from his base. Again Trump speaks for the ailent majority aka the white racists and supremacists in this country. Just ask David Duke and that punk from the alt-right.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Again Trump speaks for the ailent majority aka the white racists and supremacists in this country. Just ask David Duke and that punk from the alt-right.
Exactly, and both Bannon and Miller are on the alt-right, both were chosen by Trump, and Miller still is on his staff. And Trump on numerous occasions has quoted from alt-right and other white nationalist sources.

There is no mystery here where Trump stands on this, but so many Republicans are working hard to try and defend what this guy says and does.

And there is also another area whereas there's no mystery, plus we now well know that Trump told the truth during the campaign, namely that he could shoot a person right smack in the face in full public view and his base would still support him.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Really?

And the fact that an immigration story was turned over on its side into a racist story solely because lefties saw a brilliant opportunity to bash Trump and create a bunch of nonsense about it?
No, it's because Trump allegedly made disparaging remarks about entire countries full of people.

I find it troubling that you keep forgetting this.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I think he thinks whites are better and a more successful race but that he doesn't philosophize it into an ideology. He is a pragmatist not a theorist or philosopher.
I think anyone would have a hard time making a case that Trump is a hardcore racist. While there is certainly enough evidence to acknowledge that Trump has racist or prejudiced tendencies, I would expect to see many more instances of overt racism if this was part of his core mentality.

Trump seems more so a believer in racial stereotypes. Those beliefs shape both his business and social decisions.

suncowiam

Well we need to clarify one thing.

Are they immigrants as you liberals like to call them, or are they really and actually illegal aliens?

Even if they are illegal immigrants, they should still be treated with some level of respect. That type of language is just not acceptable for a leader of one of the greatest nation today. Do you agree with this?

Many illegal immigrants are still just trying to survive and if it was a choice between surviving and doing something illegal, what do you think that choice will end up with? What would you do in their shoes? Would you blame North Koreans defecting to other nations even if they knew it was illegal? Sure, it's not always as extreme as this but wanting a better life should not be looked down upon with so much disgust.

I'm against illegal immigration but I'm still compassionate to the issues that immigrants face in their home countries. The issue is real and very tangible for me being an immigrant myself.

Twilight Hue

No, it's because Trump allegedly made disparaging remarks about entire countries full of people.

I find it troubling that you keep forgetting this.

It's probably because I'm having trouble wondering why in hell the terms, "immigrant" and "people" are considered racist remarks by Trump.

******* Is an entirely appropriate term for Haiti as a country itself. Its it's leaders who are to blame for that designation. Not it's people.

Even so, it's still an alleged statement. It's not like it was recorded or anything for the world to see and hear what actually was said.

Curious George

Veteran Member
But that's still "racism", plus he's shown that he's willing to act on these prejudices, past and present.
Absolutely it is. My point was not to say that Trump is not racist, or at least acts racist in some instances. But it wouldn't be fair to categorize him with people whose racism is so central to their mentality that all of their actions are heavily colored by that racism.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's probably because I'm having trouble wondering why in hell the terms, "immigrant" and "people" are considered racist remarks by Trump.
It's not those words. It's what he says about the people and immigrants.
I also find it troubling that y'all keep forgetting this.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Even if they are illegal immigrants, they should still be treated with some level of respect. That type of language is just not acceptable for a leader of one of the greatest nation today. Do you agree with this?

Many illegal immigrants are still just trying to survive and if it was a choice between surviving and doing something illegal, what do you think that choice will end up with? What would you do in their shoes? Would you blame North Koreans defecting to other nations even if they knew it was illegal? Sure, it's not always as extreme as this but wanting a better life should not be looked down upon with so much disgust.

I'm against illegal immigration but I'm still compassionate to the issues that immigrants face in their home countries. The issue is real and very tangible for me being an immigrant myself.
I will say this, there should be a level of decorum with a person who is the President of the United States. Trump lacks that finesse, but I don't think he deserves to be vilified in the manner that he is either.

I feel for people who want to get out of a bad situation, I really do, and I think there are times where we should and ought to take people in under extreme circumstances. But it has to be done through legal channels, and to the letter of the law.

I understand people want to run away from a bad situation, it's only normal. But don't you think there has to come a time where the problematic country itself needs to be addressed to stem the outflow of people?

Maybe it's time for a regime change in Haiti.