• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How many fallacies are we Europeans forced to hear from the US Party of War? ;)
Just because we want the war to end today, it doesn't mean we side with Putin.
I don't side with him, I side with my country and with the EU institutions which have always sought to dissuade Russia with non-warlike means like sanctions and diplomacy.
Don't get butt hurt because Italy has not been a power since the days of Rome. This has nothing to do with the history of the US.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We have too. But your "corrections" appear to be of the WWII sort. Just go along with the closest power, regardless of moral standards.

If you are interested in Europeans' stance, just go to Paris, Berlin, Rome and ask around. Ask them whether they want peace immediately, or if they want an endless war in Ukraine.

lukethethird

unknown member
Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt. Every time you support Russia in this imperialistic war you support Imperialism.
You don't make accusations like that and then say you've done that, show me the evidence. Interesting when you are asked for evidence how you respond.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Those re not wars between EU countries.

Please.
EU countries have been at peace for almost 80 years and they will be for more 80 years.
How many wars were the American soldiers forced to fight by their Holy Congress in those 80 years?

You are really confused, then, because you stated quite clearly that EU countries were at peace for 80 years. When was the Treaty of Maastricht? 80 years ago? Just how long to you think the EU has been in existence? You really need to learn some history, because you aren't making any sense at all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you are interested in Europeans' stance, just go to Paris, Berlin, Rome and ask around. Ask them whether they want peace immediately, or if they want an endless war in Ukraine.
False dichotomy. I could make my own if we are playing that game. Do you want the Ukraine to win or do you want Russian domination of the world?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You are really confused, then, because you stated quite clearly that EU countries were at peace for 80 years. When was the Treaty of Maastricht? 80 years ago? Just how long to you think the EU has been in existence? You really need to learn some history, because you aren't making any sense at all.

Enlighten me, then. What wars were fought in Europe after 1945?
France fought against Spain? Or UK fought against Germany?

Some wars I can think of after 1945 were the Vietnam War, fought by Americans, and the Iraqi War, fought by Americans.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Enlighten me, then. What wars were fought in Europe after 1945?
France fought against Spain? Or UK fought against Germany?

Some wars I can think of after 1945 were the Vietnam War, fought by Americans, and the Iraqi War, fought by Americans.

In fairness, the whole reason Europe stayed peaceful was because it was under control of two major factions who were prepared for war, but neither side wanted to be the first to fire the first shot. However, just because there weren't wars in Europe didn't mean that Europeans weren't still involved in war to some degree, some of the same wars fought by Americans.

At this point, I don't think there'd be any reason for any NATO member to fight each other.

Vietnam was a hot war which was part of the larger Cold War, which was presented mainly as an ideological war of "the free world" vs. "the evil empire." It's all water under the bridge now, but it seems America's foreign and military policies were geared towards propping up what was left of the global status quo after WW2 - at least what they could salvage of it. They had to make some concessions to the Soviets, because they were once our allies, and there were instances where not every endeavor was successful, such as in Vietnam. There were times when the US government could handle things without even using US troops, such as in coups we supported in places like Iran and Chile.

The wars were fought along the periphery, without going directly head-to-head with the Soviets in Europe - although that was always on the back-burner as a possibility.