• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That does not change the fact that your engaging in Ad Hom Fallacy .. .. and has no bearing on the Credibiity of Colonel MacGregger.
That is not true at all. The man that was shown to be without any credibility at all was the one that chose to interview MacGregor. That does not prove him to be bogus, but tells us that we would be foolish to trust him without more evidence.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've read that. Once thing that caught my eye was Trump appointed him to the board at West Point but Biden removed him.

Opposing party politics at its best or other reasons?

Could be. Hard to say, although the Wiki article points out that he's had some pretty controversial views.

Sargonski

That is not true at all. The man that was shown to be without any credibility at all was the one that chose to interview MacGregor. That does not prove him to be bogus, but tells us that we would be foolish to trust him without more evidence.

1) glad that you have recognized that Ad Hom Fallacy -- attacking the messenger .. does not prove the message false.
2) your claim that Tucker Carlson has no credibility is false
3) but even if 2 was correct .. has no bearing on how much we should Trust the person being interviewed .. self delusion to think otherwise on a relative basis. = CNN is no less lacking in Credibility .. and more so than Tucker or Ingram .. but all are media clowns when metal hits the pavement .. Tucker .. Less so than most .. as opposed to your backward and baseless perspective .. speaking for the purpose of moving lips is where your credibiility is at at this point.

4) One is foolish to Trust who without evidence ?? Who is this relative benchmark that we are to "Trust without more Evidence" than what they have said ..

And once again .. When reality sets in .. neither should be trusted in general .. but Tucker more so than "CNN - MSNBC" .. and others on Fox for that matter .. who are not immune to being State Propaganda Mouthpieces.

Jesus .. is that who you are talking about ? the one you trust on faith .. and without Evidence. .. What is this foolishness ? Who are you suggesting we trust without evidence because they are so credible on a relative basis to our Good Friend Tucker ?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1) glad that you have recognized that Ad Hom Fallacy -- attacking the messenger .. does not prove the message false.

First off there was no Ad Hom Fallacy. If you think that there was you do not understand the concept. What was shown is that Tucker is not a reliable source. He is unlikely to pick a reliable source since he has a highly biased viewpoint. The OP needs to show that MacGregor is reliable. One does not get to assume that "experts" are reliable, that is always the burden of proof of the person that relies upon them Due to the unreliability of Tucker it is more than reasonable to dismiss these claims with just a handwave.
2) your claim that Tucker Carlson has no credibility is false

No, it is not. I even demonstrated that he has no credibility by siting his former employer from the days that they loved him. You really need to pay more attention.
3) but even if 2 was correct .. has no bearing on how much we should Trust the person being interviewed .. self delusion to think otherwise on a relative basis. = CNN is no less lacking in Credibility .. and more so than Tucker or Ingram .. but all are media clowns when metal hits the pavement .. Tucker .. Less so than most .. as opposed to your backward and baseless perspective .. speaking for the purpose of moving lips is where your credibiility is at at this point.

Wrong again. We know that Tucker has a rather insane agenda. He is not trustworthy, how can you forget the Tucker Carlson Defense? And no, CNN, though far from perfect, has not been refuted anywhere near as often as FOX has been.

4) One is foolish to Trust who without evidence ?? Who is this relative benchmark that we are to "Trust without more Evidence" than what they have said .

People with critical reasoning skills. You should try it some day.

And once again .. When reality sets in .. neither should be trusted by Tucker more so than "CNN - MSNBC" .. and others on Fox for that matter .. who are not immune to being State Propaganda Mouthpieces.
Again, no. You are demonstrably wrong when it comes to claims like that. Is CNN perfect? No. No one has even used CNN here. But the OP used someone that was so crazy and unreliable that FOX, again less reliable than CNN, had to fire him.

You oppose CNN merely because they are more honest than your favorite news sources. Not because of their reliability. If that was the case you would have laughed at the OP's use of Carlson. And once again, no one has referred to CNN here.

Jesus .. is that who you are talking about ? the one you trust on faith .. and without Evidence.

What? Jesus? No I am not talking about him either. I did not ever refer to CNN or to Jesus, though once again, CNN would have been the most reliable one on the list.

Where did you get all of this "CNN" nonsense from anyway? It appears that you are making strawman arguments.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ukraine's a great place, and I met people from there long before the war. A family member visited there before the war. Its not Ok that Russia invaded them over such ridiculous and duplicitous claims. In particular their claim that USA was invading Russia was just abnoxious, and deserving of any support we gave Ukraine.

"Oh its horrific" that the Ukrainians are defending their freedoms! Gosh. They get invaded, and they defend themselves? What sort of people do that? :eek:

I went ahead and got the transcript of the video. Its easy to look through the text that way. Its too long to include in a post, so you'll have to do it for yourself; but that way you can skip most of the video and look at bits that are informational.

I notice at 49:37 the general claims "Many people want to destroy Russia because it's the last European state that has not been flooded with
foreigners and turned into some sort of polyglot experiment..." We don't hate Russia or want to destroy Russia. Goddammit what planet is he on? Who are these 'Many people'? Everybody has been supporting Russia, but its been misbehaving and trying to take territories. Hence it has been under international economic sanctions. This is not hating Russia or hating that it is not a polyglot whatever.

One retired general says that Ukraine is losing; but everybody thought Ukraine would be taken over in under 2 weeks. That did not happen. Why? Because Ukrainians believe in their country. They believe in themselves and each other, and they show it. Its just plain simple life.

Mitt Romney is currently the Republican currently most outspoken on this issue in support of Ukraine.

"Romney said that if a country believes it can invade a neighbor without any response or reaction, it will happen again and again." --https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/1/26/23573299/mitt-romney-supports-ukraine-defense-spending​

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
After hearing nothing but him ramble on about himself, his channels, etc, and then asking for money/donations, I stopped watching.

Sounded like something Trump would do lol

So you stopped watching in the first minute?

Edit: Okay, 1:50. Less than two minutes to introduce himself and give his credentials and yes, plug for a donation. The rest was worth the wait, it's a shame you didn't hang in there.

Colt

So you stopped watching in the first minute?

Edit: Okay, 1:50. Less than two minutes to introduce himself and give his credentials and yes, plug for a donation. The rest was worth the wait, it's a shame you didn't hang in there.
He did get to the part about Putins ability to grind on and outlast Ukraine’s dwindling forces. Let’s revisit this thread in 12-24 months.

lukethethird

unknown member
As if Putin does.
No, not as if Putin does. Putin has no credibility and neither does western mainstream media, nor anyone in Washington, nor Zelensky, the world is not black and white nor good vs evil, it's shades of grey. We demonize them and they demonize us, and war breaks out, it's barbaric on all sides. Good vs evil is a myth that unfortunately we all play a role in, it's faulty thinking, medieval, and this is what we end up with.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No, not as if Putin does. Putin has no credibility and neither does western mainstream media, nor anyone in Washington, nor Zelensky, the world is not black and white nor good vs evil, it's shades of grey. We demonize them and they demonize us, and war breaks out, it's barbaric on all sides. Good vs evil is a myth that unfortunately we all play a role in, it's faulty thinking, medieval, and this is what we end up with.
Good thing I sometimes look at mainstream Japanese news. It lacks that Western Great Satan attribute.

F1fan

Veteran Member
An alternate view to the mainstream media's narrative and support for the Ukraine war.

Some people are just traitors, like general Flynn.
He did get to the part about Putins ability to grind on and outlast Ukraine’s dwindling forces. Let’s revisit this thread in 12-24 months.
I suspect putin wants a stalemate until the 2024 USA elections, and hopes it is Trump who is sympathetic to putin. This is all putin's fault, and he can't be allowed any win.

Shadow Wolf

Heaven forbid that we criticise the west, I know.
You still don't get it? When people say "the West," it's an ideological thing that more or less translates to the Christianized chunk of the world. But it doesn't mean things are homogeneous.
"Mainstream media." Very frequently the people complaining as of late have no idea what that means and are obvious to the fact they are getting their opinions and info from mainstream media, which includes news, music, TV, books and other information that's distributed to consumers and meant for consumption.
"Mainstream Western Media" includes Carlson and the source of your poll thingy in the other thread.
Amd you've made about as many false assumptions about me as I have made posts in this thread and the other one I mentioned.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You still don't get it? When people say "the West," it's an ideological thing that more or less translates to the Christianized chunk of the world. But it doesn't mean things are homogeneous.
"Mainstream media." Very frequently the people complaining as of late have no idea what that means and are obvious to the fact they are getting their opinions and info from mainstream media, which includes news, music, TV, books and other information that's distributed to consumers and meant for consumption.
"Mainstream Western Media" includes Carlson and the source of your poll thingy in the other thread.
Amd you've made about as many false assumptions about me as I have made posts in this thread and the other one I mentioned.
The West doesn't exist as a whole, indeed, because it's evident to me that many Americans want to do anything to provoke a world war against Putin, wheres the European Union has always done anything to make this war end through sanctions and diplomacy.
Means which are not warlike.
;)

Shadow Wolf

The West doesn't exist as a whole, indeed, because it's evident to me that many Americans want to do anything to provoke a world war against Putin, wheres the European Union has always done anything to make this war end through sanctions and diplomacy.
Means which are not warlike.
;)
Does your info about America come from somewhere around Vega?