• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Too many people have said that this war is an occasion to dethrone Putin.
So these people are disposed to sacrifice the Europeans' peaceful lifestyle in order to unleash a war against the tsar.

You make it sound like Europeans are pawns with no will of their own. Evidence indicates that most Europeans support giving aid to Ukraine.

Europe is an almost entirely democratic region where people can openly criticize their governments and vote them out of office if the majority of people disagree enough with current policies. The fact that support for Ukraine has been so steady says something.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
More than one independent organization has verified that Gaddafi indeed massacred many Libyans, though, including events that happened long before the 2011 civil war.

Human Rights Watch has also reported abuses carried out by rebel militias:

The rebel militias ended up not being any better, but this doesn't change that Gaddafi's regime also committed large-scale abuses against many Libyans.
I was referring to the claims that Gaddafi was massacring unarmed protestors, which is the excuse they used to invade. I've never seen any proof of that.

Gaddafi wasn't an angel, but I think we can say Libya was better off under him than under the lunatics we turned it over to, if we had to choose.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Are you saying that Nordstream one Nordstream two are bad things because Europe basically gives Russia lots of money in exchange for resources?
If Russia was a trusted democracy there would be few issues, but when we have this nation being so aggressive and threatening to use nuclear weapons (even if done by Putin's close mates) what do you expect? Presumably Putin, when he decided to attack Ukraine, gambled that the West wouldn't bother too much. He gambled wrongly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You make it sound like Europeans are pawns with no will of their own. Evidence indicates that most Europeans support giving aid to Ukraine.

Europe is an almost entirely democratic region where people can openly criticize their governments and vote them out of office if the majority of people disagree enough with current policies. The fact that support for Ukraine has been so steady says something.

Europeans have nothing to do with this war. :)
It deals with two Slavic nations who are fighting against one another because of territorial disputes.

The settlement of international disputes and controversies through acts of war is against the constitution of many EU countries.
So we are speaking of humanitarian aid, mostly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If Russia was a trusted democracy there would be few issues, but when we have this nation being so aggressive and threatening to use nuclear weapons (even if done by Putin's close mates) what do you expect? Presumably Putin, when he decided to attack Ukraine, gambled that the West wouldn't bother too much. He gambled wrongly.
Do you mind answering my question?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I was referring to the claims that Gaddafi was massacring unarmed protestors, which is the excuse they used to invade. I've never seen any proof of that.

Gaddafi wasn't an angel, but I think we can say Libya was better off under him than under the lunatics we turned it over to, if we had to choose.

There are reports of his forces' killing of unarmed protesters:

And the militas again proved themselves no better:

I agree that the later governments haven't been any better than Gaddafi, and I think that's something the US and NATO should have planned ahead to avoid when they decided to take military action against Gaddafi. I think taking such a drastic action but not planning for the aftermath or trying to ensure the country wouldn't fall into the hands of murderous militias was highly irresponsible and destructive.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Europeans have nothing to do with this war. :)

The broad support for Ukraine directly contradicts this. I don't think you speak for all (or even most) Europeans.

It deals with two Slavic nations who are fighting against one another because of territorial disputes.

And some of Russia's other neighbors are clearly worried about being next in line for invasion or annexation. There's a reason Finland and Sweden only pressed to join NATO after Putin threatened them with military action.

The settlement of international disputes and controversies through acts of war is against the constitution of many EU countries.
So we are speaking of humanitarian aid, mostly.

Does that mean you're also against Putin's act of war and believe he should have never started a war in the first place?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The broad support for Ukraine directly contradicts this. I don't think you speak for all (or even most) Europeans.
I guess I do.
If Europeans had wanted to join USA in a world war against Putin, they would have done that already. Since long time.
Does that mean you're also against Putin's act of war and believe he should have never started a war in the first place?
Exactly. Absolutely against the invasion.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I do.
If Europeans had wanted to join USA in a world war against Putin, they would have done that already. Since long time.

The US isn't looking for a world war against Russia either, as evidenced by their and other NATO members' strict requirement that Ukraine not use any Western weapons to strike inside Russia. NATO knows a war with Russia carries a major risk of nuclear destruction, and no one wants that.

Exactly. Absolutely against the invasion.

Then it seems to me that efforts to make Putin leave Ukrainian territory should be the priority. All of this wouldn't have happened if Russia hadn't annexed parts of Ukraine and invaded the country.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"Why are you so defensive and unwilling to listen to what Macgregor has to say"

That's easy... My top three guesses would be, in no certain order...
1. He is republican
2. He has ties to Trump
3. He is on Tuckers show

It's because I value evidence and plausibility over convoluted, cockamamie conspiracy theories. It's quite obvious when someone is slurpin' boots.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I understand.
I also understand why Britain quit the EU. :)
I don't see any ideological compatibility with EU's common interests.
Well the vote to leave the EU was close, and many probably think too close to act upon, given that most now seem to think it was the wrong decision (me included), but then so much was probably presented as being enticing but where such couldn't actually be delivered.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Too many people have said that this war is an occasion to dethrone Putin.
So these people are disposed to sacrifice the Europeans' peaceful lifestyle in order to unleash a war against the tsar.
The "tsar" is the one who unleashed a war by invading. He is the one who threatened and disrupted peace, yet you try to place blame everywhere else but where it actually belongs. Because why? Some bizarre despot fetish?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It truly is sad. Our politicians don’t care at all about the damage and devastation being done to the Ukrainian people…just ongoing profits for the military industrial complex.
So if you help the Ukrainian people defend themselves against the damage and devastation being done to them, it shows that you don't care? How does that dopey-*** logic work?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The US isn't looking for a world war against Russia either, as evidenced by their and other NATO members' strict requirement that Ukraine not use any Western weapons to strike inside Russia. NATO knows a war with Russia carries a major risk of nuclear destruction, and no one wants that.
Exactly.
But those NATO members were all Europeans.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly.
But those NATO members were all Europeans.

The US also clearly requires Ukraine not to strike inside Russia using Western weapons. It appears to be a unanimous stance from the NATO members who are aiding Ukraine. Do you think any of them want to risk a nuclear war with Russia, which has the world's largest nuclear arsenal?

InChrist

Free4ever
So if you help the Ukrainian people defend themselves against the damage and devastation done to them, it shows that you don't care? How does that dopey-*** logic work?
Why did we go out of our way initially to provoke the war ? That didn’t help the Ukrainian people. Why hasn’t the US made any attempt to negotiate peace to stop the damage? Wouldn’t that help the Ukrainian people more than perpetuating the destruction?