• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No...just ordinary media. :)
So, "some social media users" (per the article) informs your opinions?
Some social media users reacted with anger to the decision and claimed Biden was risking a third world war with the potential new deployments
Oh, but wait! It gets better!
it is not yet clear if Secretary Austin intends to deploy new personnel or in what numbers he might choose to do so. U.S. troops will not be deployed to Ukraine and there are no U.S. forces fighting in Ukraine as Kyiv continues to combat the Russian invasion that began in February last year.
Amd what's this? It's an older thing to bolster NATO allied nation's defenses?
Biden's executive order means up to 3,000 extra personnel may be deployed "augmenting the armed forces in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve," according to a press release from the Department of Defense.

Operation Atlantic Resolve is an initiative launched in 2014 in response to Russian actions in Ukraine, including the annexation of the Crimean Peninsula in March that year, and it is designed to bolster NATO countries' defenses.
No. We've been through worse. Far worse and far more tense at that. We'll be fine. This is within the millenia-long tradition of dick saber rattling and pissing contests chest beating that is politics, especially among two mighty states.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So, "some social media users" (per the article) informs your opinions?

Oh, but wait! It gets better!

Amd what's this? It's an older thing to bolster NATO allied nation's defenses?

No. We've been through worse. Far worse and far more tense at that. We'll be fine. This is within the millenia-long tradition of dick saber rattling and pissing contests chest beating that is politics, especially among two mighty states.
I would like to know what the NATO is, first.
An American military complex, where the member states are obedient employees?
Or an organization of equal partners? :)

Shadow Wolf

I would like to know what the NATO is, first.
An American military complex, where the member states are obedient employees?
Or an organization of equal partners? :)
The things claimed but the reality of what we see.
I'm not doing your homework for you, by the way.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The things claimed but the reality of what we see.
I'm not doing your homework for you, by the way.
I have already done my own homework.
This war will be over, soon. :)

So I hope this makes you happy.
Just tell Americans that the Ukrainians didn't win, and that soon they will have to comply with the EU's directives.
If they want Brussels to pay for their reconstruction.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
That is false nonsense friend .. Ad Hom Fallacy on steroids .. "False Logic" Someone has duped you .. fed you some propaganda and you gulped it down hook .. line.. and sinker. MacGreggor has not been "Discredited" .. so that is false nonsense.. but , even if he had been .. it is ad hom fallacy to claim what he says is wrong on this basis.

Drinking the CNN progressive cancel culture Kool-aid will do that to a person. State Propaganda Central ..
Could still be talking nonsense - and I'm from the UK so less likely to be viewing CNN. Being interviewed by someone already discredited hardly helps either. And when there is any independent media in Russia please link such. Killing or bribing seems to be the Russian way these days. :eek:

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I have already done my own homework.
This war will be over, soon. :)

So I hope this makes you happy.
Just tell Americans that the Ukrainians didn't win, and that soon they will have to comply with the EU's directives.
If they want Brussels to pay for their reconstruction.
As long as it's been, as little as Putin has gained, what he's losing, everything he's thrown at it, I don't think he can win.

Sargonski

Could still be talking nonsense - and I'm from the UK so less likely to be viewing CNN. Being interviewed by someone already discredited hardly helps either. And when there is any independent media in Russia please link such. Killing or bribing seems to be the Russian way these days. :eek:

anybody could be talking nonsense ... and in fact they usually are if it is mainstream media these days .. which includes the BBC who is little better than CNN these days .. certainly on the Covid or the Ukraine war... Big Time Thick Fog going on .. what ever the Russian Media is doing not-withstanding .. your "Bribing and Killing" comment purile nonsense on this basis .. and fallacy as have nothing to do with the credibility of an individual being interviewed .. and you should be suspect of everyone regardless.

People have this idiotic idea that a State Sponsored Propaganda mouthpiece is going to lie all the time .. but that would be just stupid now wouldn't it .. is not very good propaganda if everyone knows it is propaganda. As Such .. much of what you see is going to be credibilt .. and real .. is up to you to figure out what is not ..

In war .. the winning side has no reason to lie . and every reason to tell the Truth .. it is the losing side that tells the lies .. and in this conflict things have not been going so well .. so bad .. they put out commercials telling people to shush up .. shhhhhhhhh .. with finger to lips. Have you never heard of the "Sin of Omission" friend :)

Which side do you think is floating the propaganda so if I am listening to some fellow .. saying the war is going well for Russia .. he is more likely to be telling the truth in what he says .... simply because Russia is winning .. and out own side has told us this .. not directly so that the raging massess still don't know what is going on .. but indirectly so they can go back later and say .. Look -- we had fair and balanced coverage .. or look we told you so.

Only someone very drunk on the Koolaid would comment "when there is any independent media in Russia please link such. Killing or bribing seems to be the Russian way these days"

as is just silly nonsense. There is always independent media on the edges .. the majority controlled on both sides. Also there is suppression of information on both sides .. Russia is just more overt .. but, because of this .. not as effective.

Did you not think we kill people in the USA for crossing the line ? .. Time to wake up from the necessary illusion Friend. and as far as bribing goes ????? how many memo's did you miss ? Our system is a Pay to Play system .. we have the most bribed/coerced media next to North Korea in that respect.. Right up there with Russia - China - Iran - and lest we forget the Kingdom of El Saud.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
anybody could be talking nonsense ... and in fact they usually are if it is mainstream media these days .. which includes the BBC who is little better than CNN these days .. certainly on the Covid or the Ukraine war... Big Time Thick Fog going on .. what ever the Russian Media is doing not-withstanding .. your "Bribing and Killing" comment purile nonsense on this basis .. and fallacy as have nothing to do with the credibility of an individual being interviewed .. and you should be suspect of everyone regardless.

People have this idiotic idea that a State Sponsored Propaganda mouthpiece is going to lie all the time .. but that would be just stupid now wouldn't it .. is not very good propaganda if everyone knows it is propaganda. As Such .. much of what you see is going to be credibilt .. and real .. is up to you to figure out what is not ..

In war .. the winning side has no reason to lie . and every reason to tell the Truth .. it is the losing side that tells the lies .. and in this conflict things have not been going so well .. so bad .. they put out commercials telling people to shush up .. shhhhhhhhh .. with finger to lips. Have you never heard of the "Sin of Omission" friend :)

Which side do you think is floating the propaganda so if I am listening to some fellow .. saying the war is going well for Russia .. he is more likely to be telling the truth in what he says .... simply because Russia is winning .. and out own side has told us this .. not directly so that the raging massess still don't know what is going on .. but indirectly so they can go back later and say .. Look -- we had fair and balanced coverage .. or look we told you so.

Only someone very drunk on the Koolaid would comment "when there is any independent media in Russia please link such. Killing or bribing seems to be the Russian way these days"

as is just silly nonsense. There is always independent media on the edges .. the majority controlled on both sides. Also there is suppression of information on both sides .. Russia is just more overt .. but, because of this .. not as effective.

Did you not think we kill people in the USA for crossing the line ? .. Time to wake up from the necessary illusion Friend. and as far as bribing goes ????? how many memo's did you miss ? Our system is a Pay to Play system .. we have the most bribed/coerced media next to North Korea in that respect.. Right up there with Russia - China - Iran - and lest we forget the Kingdom of El Saud.
:D :D<Yawn>

Edited

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
That does not change the fact that your engaging in Ad Hom Fallacy .. .. and has no bearing on the Credibiity of Colonel MacGregger.
No reputable news programs take him seriously. That's just a fact. And if his "truth" depends solely on him, then it carries no weight. However, if it were valid, there would be other sources to lend their credibility. But there aren't.

This is all just right wing apologetics for Putin. As is per usual for Carlson.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No reputable news programs take him seriously. That's just a fact. And if his "truth" depends solely on him, then it carries no weight. However, if it were valid, there would be other sources to lend their credibility. But there aren't.

I think there is free will and people will believe what they want to believe.
Even if I brought you the evidence, that is a video where Zelenskyy said that Poroshenko should stop target the Russian minorities in Donbas and should let them speak Russian, would you believe it?
Probably not. :)

Because it would be the proof that Putin's invasion (which I condemn) was preceded by an act of persecution towards the Russians of Donbas, by the Ukrainian government.
And since Americans have deliberately decided, with their own free will that Putin is the only villain in this story, there will be denial.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think there is free will and people will believe what they want to believe.
Even if I brought you the evidence, that is a video where Zelenskyy said that Poroshenko should stop target the Russian minorities in Donbas and should let them speak Russian, would you believe it?
Probably not. :)
This 'persecution' hardly rises to the level of justifying a military invasion. And I would respect Zelensky for that admonishment. But it changes nothing. As it certainly does not justify a military attack on another nation.

Putin could have acted to pull those Russians out of the foreign nation that was persecuting them. But he didn't. Instead, he used it as a pretext to attack them. Which is clearly what he wanted to do all along. He couldn't have cared less about the Russians living there.
Because it would be the proof that Putin's invasion (which I condemn) was preceded by an act of persecution towards the Russians of Donbas, by the Ukrainian government.
Again, so that's a meaningless point.
And since Americans have deliberately decided, with their own free will that Putin is the only villain in this story, there will be denial.
As the violent aggressor, Putin has condemned himself.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This 'persecution' hardly rises to the level of justifying a military invasion. And I would respect Zelensky for that admonishment. But it changes nothing. As it certainly does not justify a military attack on another nation.
I agree, it doesn't justify it.
But the separatists rose up against the Kiev government in 2014 and the war started.
Then the Minsk agreements followed.

I am convinced that certain shady groups of power overseas pushed (ordered) Zelenskyy to choose war, instead of diplomacy.
Let's not forget that Macron flew to Kiev a couple of weeks before the invasion, in 2022, to tell Zelenskyy to trust the European Union in the search for a diplomatic solution. He accepted then he took it back.
Someone overseas made him change his mind.

I just expect you to acknowledge that there are people overseas who fiercely yearn for a world war, whereas we Europeans, while we help Ukrainians who are the weak side, want peace.
:)

PureX

Veteran Member
There is no 'diplomacy' with Putin. That isn't how he works. And the "separatists" were Russians living in a foreign country. They had no business advocating for separation. They should simply have gone back to Russia where they came from if they didn't want to assimilate.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Don't you know Saint Frankenstein that criticising corporate media will make you a shill for Putin? When will you ever learn?
See, this is why it's hard to take you seriously. When people call into question your values, as a person who claims to be anti-war and anti-imperialism, and yet seems to continually downplay or excuse the WAR started by an IMPERIALIST NATION, and when people draw your attention to this obvious contraction you act as if they're saying "criticising corporate media" or "criticising America" is the issue.

Your know that's a lie. The people on here telling you you're wrong are - in countless other threads - very outspoken against America in a variety of other ways. You, meanwhile, are currently playing defence for the actions of a totalitarian state invading their neighbour, and arguing that the allies of that neighbour have no right to intervene, and should leave those people to be subsumed by a greater imperialist power.

I've said it before, but it bares repeating: YOU ARE NOT ANTI-IMPERIALIST, YOU'RE JUST ANTI-AMERICAN.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There is no 'diplomacy' with Putin. That isn't how he works. And the "separatists" were Russians living in a foreign country. They had no business advocating for separation. They should simply have gone back to Russia where they came from.
I think that Europeans are juridically evolved and powerful enough to handle situations that involve the European continent and the Mediterranean area, alone. Why should Americans even care or interfere?

Do we interfere with what happens in the Caribbean? In the Gulf of Mexico? :)

Sargonski

As long as it's been, as little as Putin has gained, what he's losing, everything he's thrown at it, I don't think he can win.

That is a ridiculously spun propaganda narrative Shade.... Spiked Kool-aid induced opinion if I ever heard one .. almost the mirror .. called mirroring ...

It is Ukraine who has thrown everything at it -- men, equipment, .. used up all NATO stocks as well .. running out of 155 mm artillery shells and everyting else... human wave attacks at the Russian Defensive lines .. can't get equipment too close or it gets destroyed .. Russian Drones in control of the Air space .. pinpoint targeting the artillery .. of which Russia has a 10 - 1 advantage.

The territory Putin has Gained thus-far produces 80% of Ukraine's GNP .. and the strategic gains .. control over the black Sea and so on ..are large.

On the Economic Side .. business has never been better in Russia .. continued improvement. On the down side ... for US-NATO / "the West" Sanctions were a big fail.. and with this backfire has come major economic hurt to Europe .. Loss of cheap energy is no joke .. German factories having to move to China kind of "No Joke" This little proxy war has turned out to be Economic War on Europe .. leaders in political trouble .. they don't want this war .. pressure to negotiate increasing

Across the Pond in La La Land .. the BRICS .. now BRICS PLUS .. are seriously working towards a competitor to US Dollar for international Trade / reserve currency. .. but our markets are acting like this is already the case .. Competition for debt .. drives interest rates up .. and we are well into the Debt Danger zone.

If one understands nothing else .. understand that 33 TRillion in Debt .. in a rising interest rate environment .. is a bad thing.. at the current rate .. the inverted 2 year Treasury note is yeilding 5.2% --- up significantly from the 0.5% in 2021.

and if you were wondering if 1000% increase in your monthly rent payment would be significant ... Check

but how significant .. is it really like my rent going up 1000% .. and well .. not quite a linear relationship .. its bad.. for example .. the Interest on our Debt was roughly 400 Billion from Clinton 1992 .. to Obama roughly mid way .. so 2015 .. or there abouts. This is because although our debt went mugh higher 5 TRillion to 20 Trillion .. the ave interest rate went much Lower .. 7% down to where it currently sits at 2%

A quick calculation tells you that something has changed .. our payments are no longer 400 Billion .. but 33 TRillion x 2% =660 Billion

Ouch .. that more than a 50% increase .. but far cry from 1000% right ? .. Yeah .. well .. that ave interest rate is movinng up fast .. financing huge amounts at much higher rates .. if that average moves up just 1% to 3% .. which is historically still very low .. the interest payment goes to 1 Trillion .. and if it goes up to 4% (remember it used to be well above 7% in the Reagan years) we are talking 1.3 TRillion .. and our ship is sunk with revenue 5 Trillion and we are struggling to maintain 4.5 Trillion as it sits.. that in spite of massive deficit spending which artificially inflates the numbers short term like a nitrous oxide boost .. https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/US2Y

PureX

Veteran Member
The US is simply supporting it's NATO allies in their desire to stop this unjustified aggression. Putin should have considered this before he attacked Ukraine. But he was lost in his arrogance, and thought the world wouldn't get involved.

Too bad for him, now, and for Russia for following him. His little military adventure has blown up in his face and is costing him and Russia, dearly, in lives and resources.

Sargonski

Take who seriously .. Carlson ? who cares .. as we are talking about MacGreggor .. and "No reputable news program" would not take him seriously ? .. just difficult to find a reputable news program these days..

and what is with this Russiagate cancelgate nonsense trope ? Carlson in league with Putin .. as is Trump .. Tulsi Gabbard .. and anyone else the left wants to demonize .. "Enemies of the State"

That is pure spoon fed koolaid you are regurgitating there Friend .. Pablum Plus for Neocon's.. the demonization trope for those who dissent.. Anti -War = Putin Apologist Anti-Vax = Putin Apologist Anti-Censorship = Putin Apologist

This some kind of warped Orwellian doublespeak coupled with Russophobia .. misplaced loyalties and patriotism.