• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine has become a dictatorship, it's official

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't fancy Putin like you but both the US and Russia have engaged in their own thuggery around the world.
Russia has engaged in no thuggery.
It seems after WW2 both decided it their mission to "improve" the world.
Russia's attempts to improve the world are based upon real ideals, like the freedom of nations from the slavery of the IMF, and the Banking system.
Neither the West nor the East want another Hitler to rise.
If Putin wanted to conquer the world, he would start by Italy.
He would conquer it in 5 seconds.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Russia has engaged in any thuggery.

Russia's attempts to improve the world are based upon real ideals, like the freedom of nations from the slavery of the IMF, and the Banking system.

He would conquer it in 5 seconds.
I've just started reading The Infernal Library by Daniel Kalder, which starts off with detailing the rise of Communism through Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, etc., and Lenin seems to have been one deluded and nasty nutcase (even if a bright one), and perhaps why Russia has so many issues to this day. :eek:

Tomef

Do you really believe this?

Putin would certainly like to disrupt current international systems of finance, and replace them with systems dominated by Russia and China. Look at how the Russian and Chinese governments are run; do you really think them having far greater influence and power would benefit anyone? Do you really believe that Russian-sponsored mercenaries and the creation of debt traps, by Russia and China, across Africa are intended for the benefit of Africans?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And the Colonisation of the Americas is also not bad according to me because even muslims conquered vast lands to
"Promote their religion", but the Christians colonialism in America wasn't solely to "Promote their religion"
This is a good example of racing to the moral bottom.
Manifest destiny, ie, Christian expansion by killing &
robbing Indians is not justified by Muslims also
having engaged in conquest.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You should read up on Crimea.
I speak Russian. Not as good as German or French, but enough to understand that Crimeans are Russians who wish to stay in the Russian Federation.
Thuggery is forcing Crimeans to return to a sorosized state like Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is a good example of racing to the moral bottom.
Manifest destiny, ie, Christian expansion by killing &
robbing Indians is not justified by Muslims also
having engaged in conquest.
The difference is that I as a Christian condemn the genocide of Aztecs by the Spanish conquistadores, whereas other religions repel self-criticism.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I speak Russian. Not as good as German or French, but enough to understand that Crimeans are Russians who wish to stay in the Russian Federation.
Thuggery is forcing Crimeans to return to a sorosized state like Ukraine.
Have you looked into the native population of Crimea?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The difference is that I as a Christian condemn the genocide of Aztecs by the Spanish conquistadores, whereas other religions repel self-criticism.
Christians still commit terrible crimes in the
name of their religion, eg, genocide in Gaza,
Putin's invasion of Ukraine, treason in USA.
Note also that Christians are trying to make
criticizing Israel punishable, eg, revoking
funding of universities who don't censor it.

I'll wager that as a Christian, you don't see
such evil. Either or both....
- Belief that it's good, not evil.
- Discomfort from facing criticism.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I respect that, although the Church itself established its own policy on the matter just after Columbus' first voyage:

Inter caetera ('Among other [works]') was a papal bull issued by Pope Alexander VI on the 4 May 1493, which granted to the Catholic Monarchs King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile all lands to the "west and south" of a pole-to-pole line 100 leagues west and south of any of the islands of the Azores or the Cape Verde islands.[1]

It remains unclear whether the pope intended a "donation" of sovereignty or an infeudation or investiture. Differing interpretations have been argued since the bull was issued, with some arguing that it was only meant to transform the possession and occupation of land into lawful sovereignty. Others, including the Spanish crown and the conquistadors, interpreted it in the widest possible sense, deducing that it gave Spain full political sovereignty.[2]

Inter caetera and its supplement Dudum siquidem (September 1493) are two of the Bulls of Donation.[3] While these bulls purported to settle disputes between Spain and Portugal, they did not address the exploratory and colonial ambitions of other nations, which became more of an issue after the Protestant Reformation.

So, a papal bull. Of course, there was a lot of bull come out of there anyway, but in their eyes. they considered it "God's swill" that Spain and Portugal rule over the New World. The idea of "Manifest Destiny" fit right into that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Christians still commit terrible crimes in the
name of their religion, eg, genocide in Gaza,
Putin's invasion of Ukraine, treason in USA.
Note also that Christians are trying to make
criticizing Israel punishable, eg, revoking
funding of universities who don't censor it.

I'll wager that as a Christian, you don't see
such evil. Either or both....
- Belief that it's good, not evil.
- Discomfort from facing criticism.
Dear sir, the hatred between Russia and the West has been incited by the USA.
The US secret services cross the Atlantic to bother Europe...and I said bother .
I could have said something less refined. ;)

For instance: someone colonized Ukraine to turn into a anti-Putin stronghold...and they succeeded.
Yesterday, the Slovak Prime Minister, who is on our side, has been shot by an anti-Russian citizen.

So...just put two and two together.
;)
I smell the elitist cabal coming from afar.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You've demonstrated my claim.
The Christian justifies Russia's invasion of Ukraine,
as does Russia's Christian state church.
This war continues because the US is funding the former comedian.
So I blame those who fund him.

And by the way, since March he has stopped being the President. That's democracy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Maybe he doesn't crave pasta. :shrug:

BTW, ha calamari with oil & garlic for dinner yesterday and having the leftovers for lunch. What I do miss having is sardi, which I ate a lot of when staying in Sicily.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This war continues because the US is funding the former comedian.
You seek to delegitimize Ukraine's defense
by calling Zelenskyy a "comedian". This
is specious.
So I blame those who fund him.
You blame US simply because you want
Russia to win, & US stands in the way of
Putin's conquest to expand the empire.
So we've no common ground here.
But once again, it's a Christian who favors
the continued bloodshed & destruction
until Russia wins.
Do you have pix of Putin, Stalin, & Hitler
on your wall?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You blame US simply because you want
Russia to win, & US stands in the way of
Putin's conquest to expand the empire.
But even if it were true...why does the American people care?
Do we Europeans care what happens in the Americas or we just mind our fabulous business?
;) I guess the second one.
So we've no common ground here.
But once again, it's a Christian who favors
the continued bloodshed & destruction
until Russia wins.
That said...I should kiss the CIA's feet....really...
the Nordstream sabotaged...the Ukrainian war...all these things with a good speech will make us Nationalists win the next EU elections.

If we win, I will worship the CIA like a deity...really.

PS: it is sufficient I tell my fellow citizens that Putin opposes Soros, and they will venerate him like the Pope. More than the Pope.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But even if it were true...why does the American people care?
Do we Europeans care what happens in the Americas or we just mind our fabulous business?
You might be unaware that USA belongs to NATO,
& so do many European countries. Some of those
fear that Putin has designs beyond Ukraine. So
stopping Putin in Ukraine will avoid his predation
extending further west.
Europeans continually try to involve USA in their
business, eg, WW1, WW2, Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
That said...I should kiss the CIA's feet....really...
If the CIA agent were a cute man,
would you leap at the chance?