• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine has become a dictatorship, it's official

lukethethird

unknown member
OIP.auj-wIm6nxeE_7BRpJrVEAHaFj
It is whataboutism, but it's more about the extreme display of indignation by those in the west as if it's a first time that that has ever happened, like who would ever imagine a nation doing that, the nerve of those Russians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The US and UK don't get together to attack nations that can defend themselves, that's why the proxy war in Ukraine, it's means of providing arms at great costs to the taxpayer in order to kill Russians with Ukraine lives at risk.
Evidence for this conspiracy theory?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The US and UK don't get together to attack nations that can defend themselves, that's why the proxy war in Ukraine, it's means of providing arms at great costs to the taxpayer in order to kill Russians with Ukraine lives at risk. It's a win win for the west. Go ahead and read into that what you like because you will anyways.
The U.S. and UK generally don't get together to attack countries, period. They didn't here either. Russia invaded Ukraine. The west is helping Ukraine because, as you already admitted, Russia is in the wrong and should not be invading. It was started by Russia, not the west. It's only a proxy war in any sense because of Russia's actions and the threat they pose outside of Ukraine.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The US and UK don't get together to attack nations that can defend themselves, that's why the proxy war in Ukraine, it's means of providing arms at great costs to the taxpayer in order to kill Russians with Ukraine lives at risk.
Take two steps back there and answer me a simple question: why did Russia invade Ukraine?

It's a win win for the west. Go ahead and read into that what you like because you will anyways.
What I read into it is that you're extremely, extremely invested in blaming the evil on everyone other than Russia, and desperately trying to make America the bad guys because they dare to arm and support one of their allies when they are invaded by a foreign imperialist nation.

If you are genuinely angry at the people benefiting from this war, then blame the invaders who started it.

But you won't. Because you're not principally anti-war. You're just obstinately anti-American.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It is whataboutism, but it's more about the extreme display of indignation by those in the west as if it's a first time that that has ever happened, like who would ever imagine a nation doing that, the nerve of those Russians.
It's funny that you and your cohorts accuse others of "reading too much into things" and then post stuff like this.

Us: Russia invaded a sovereign country. That's wrong, and it's justifiable to aid Ukraine to fend off that threat.
You: Why are you posting such an extreme display of indignation, as if it's the first time this has ever happened, like who would ever imagine a nation doing that? The Nerve of those Russians!

I mean, you yourself posted that Russia's actions are wrong and a war crime and not justified. But when we post it, suddenly we're wrong and over the top and other such strawmen.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, that could be an example of whataboutism. Another example:

Me: What Russia has done in Ukraine is wrong.
You: But what about what the U.S. did in Serbia decades ago?
Me: That's whataboutism. That has nothing to do with Russia and Ukraine right now.
I think in international law, the law is equal for all.
At least in civilized societies. :)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I think in international law, the law is equal for all.
At least in civilized societies. :)
Are you incapable of addressing a post in a coherent, relevant way? What you are doing is a clear example of whataboutism. That's what you would address directly with a reply, if you're going to bother.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Are you incapable of addressing a post in a coherent, relevant way? What you are doing is a clear example of whataboutism. That's what you would address directly with a reply, if you're going to bother.
In my language there's no such a thing as whataboutism.
There is the word doublestandardism, which is when people think it's okay to do something, but think that others must not be allowed to do the same thing.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
In my language there's no such a thing as whataboutism.
Whether or not Italian has an equivalent term is irrelevant. It's something that exists. "Whataboutism" is just the term we use to refer to it. Like a ball exists, whether or not there is a specific term in a language for it.

You just provided an example of the thing. I pointed out that what you're doing is also whataboutism.
There is the word doublestandardism, which is when people think it's okay to do something, but think that others must not be allowed to do the same thing.
Indeed. Like when someone criticizes country A for not having legitimate elections but supports country B, despite them not having legitimate elections.

Of course this is just part of your whataboutism anyway.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just to be precise:
the Neo-Cons who waged horrific wars in the Middle East consider themselves God.
So they don't need another God in Heaven.
They are already God. ;)
Your posts always defend Russia's invasion
of Ukraine...the death & destruction...by
pointing a finger at sins of others.
This is....
1720457476017.jpeg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Indeed. Like when someone criticizes country A for not having legitimate elections but supports country B, despite them not having legitimate elections.

Of course this is just part of your whataboutism anyway.
You don't understand.
Ukraine must call for a new presidential election.
I don't care whether they are 100% legitimate or not.

I am not discussing the authenticity of Russian elections. At least they had new presidential elections.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You don't understand.
Ukraine must call for a new presidential election.
I don't care whether they are 100% legitimate or not.

I am not discussing the authenticity of Russian elections. At least they had new presidential elections.
Oh, I fully understand. You criticize Ukraine for suspending an election during a literal invasion of their country. You also praise Putin and Russia, who hold completely illegitimate elections that don't actually do anything.

That's a double standard, the thing you claim to be very much against.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh, I fully understand. You criticize Ukraine for suspending an election during a literal invasion of their country. You also praise Putin and Russia, who hold completely illegitimate elections that don't actually do anything.
That's your opinion.
I respect it, but it doesn't mean it is true just because you say it is.

That's a double standard, the thing you claim to be very much against.
No...I apply one single standard.
Both Russia and Ukraine are undemocratic, because there are no the same freedoms EU countries' citizens enjoy.
One standard.

lukethethird

unknown member
Take two steps back there and answer me a simple question: why did Russia invade Ukraine?

What I read into it is that you're extremely, extremely invested in blaming the evil on everyone other than Russia, and desperately trying to make America the bad guys because they dare to arm and support one of their allies when they are invaded by a foreign imperialist nation.

If you are genuinely angry at the people benefiting from this war, then blame the invaders who started it.

But you won't. Because you're not principally anti-war. You're just obstinately anti-American.
At this point what difference does it make why nations invade other nations? 2) You really do think in terms of us vs them, you pick sides and talk about defending god and country in the name of democracy, the same banner flown in every war, from the safety of your armchair far away from any danger.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That's your opinion.
I respect it, but it doesn't mean it is true just because you say it is.
This seems to be a common tactic by you all here too, claiming something is an opinion when it's not. This is not an opinion. Russia's elections are a sham. They are illegitimate. It's not true because I say it is. It's true because it's factual.
No...I apply one single standard.
Both Russia and Ukraine are undemocratic, because there are no the same freedoms EU countries' citizens enjoy.
One standard.
None of that made sense. Here's the actual deal from you:

Ukraine: they are bad because they suspended elections, which makes them a dictatorship.
Russia: they are good because they don't have legitimate elections because they have a dictatorship.

Double standard, because you praise one and criticize the other for the same thing.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This seems to be a common tactic by you all here too, claiming something is an opinion when it's not. This is not an opinion. Russia's elections are a sham. They are illegitimate. It's not true because I say it is. It's true because it's factual.
I respect your opinion.
None of that made sense. Here's the actual deal from you:

Ukraine: they are bad because they suspended elections, which makes them a dictatorship.
Yes, they are.

Russia: they are good because they don't have legitimate elections because they have a dictatorship.
No...I said: they don't have the same freedoms as we EU people do, but at least they held new elections.

Double standard, because you praise one and criticize the other for the same thing.
What do you mean by democratic state?
Turkey is democratic?
Saudi Arabia is democratic?

Maybe we have different visions on what democratic is.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's true, as it is of most countries. It's also confoundingly irrelevant and doesn't at all address anything said.
No, dear sir.
In my country a proletariat person became Prime Minister.
Something that in the US could never happen because it's a plutocracy.