• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbridled Capitalism is self-destructive

Patrick66

Please. There are countless American citizens among them.

Where is this Big Government right now? In the bathroom? A big Government would build thousand of public housing buildings.

You asked why are there so many homeless people. More people means a need for more housing but new housing can't keep pace and most communities have numerous regulations to preclude the building of mass, affordable, housing.
By the way, as a Christian, I support helping immigrants, but I do recognize that there are consequences for poor and middle-class Americans.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you believe that health-care professionals should have the freedom to charge as much as possible?
We have a public healthcare so public physicians don't charge anything. You just need to pay the hospital a very affordable ticket to take an appointment.

Patrick66

We have a public healthcare so public physicians don't charge anything. You just need to pay the hospital a very affordable ticket to take an appointment.

I dislike that system. I believe free-market capitalism, when left alone, BY FAR delivers the best and inexpensive healthcare.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You asked why are there so many homeless people. More people means a need for more housing but new housing can't keep pace and most communities have numerous regulations to preclude the building of mass, affordable, housing.
By the way, as a Christian, I support helping immigrants, but I do recognize that there are consequences for poor and middle-class Americans.

But in Fascist Italy such things were unthinkable. Everywhere... was a building site to build public housing . That's how Rome became one of the largest cities in Europe, as for extension.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Unbridled Capitalism means that private insurance companies are free (not bridled) to use healthcare as a profitable business.
Do you like the US system?
No. But I also like to stick to the truth even if the truth isn't partisan. The US have anti trust laws and multiple attempted mergers have been prevented by US laws and courts. Not enough and not very effective, but saying that the capitalism of the US is unbridled is hyperbole.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Where is the State in California? On vacation?
Why are there so many homeless people in the largest cities of CA?
I’m talking about the United States and saying there are homeless people in large California cities does not rebut the arguments and evidence I’ve provided.

Watchmen

Premium Member
The biggest "capitalists" in America today are all of the Washington Establishment elites who constantly contrive new schemes to steal wealth from poor and middle-class Americans in order to "capitalize" on their positions of authority in order to further enrich themselves. And it's NEVER enough. They're like pigs at the trough. They and their corporate partners have enjoined themselves together for one purpose, their enrichment at our expense. Bonito Mussolini called that fascism.
Yep. There’s greedy people in Washington. But that doesn’t mean the U.S. has “unbridled capitalism.”

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No. But I also like to stick to the truth even if the truth isn't partisan. The US have anti trust laws and multiple attempted mergers have been prevented by US laws and courts. Not enough and not very effective, but saying that the capitalism of the US is unbridled is hyperbole.
With all due respect but I guess that you tend to set the bar of "laissez-faire" too low, so it's obvious that anything is above that bar.

What's property? Private property must have a social function. The end of the human existence is that everyone can benefit from that right. The right to own properties. But when you have a rotten system where the financial and banking élites (in US they called the corporations) own everything...well...there's nothing left for the commoners.

I side with the commoners. Because God orders me to side with them.
I won't and cannot tolerate that in the US too many people have nothing and very few people own it all.
That's what unbridled Capitalism has enabled.

Patrick66

Yes. But there are two kinds of services. Leisure services and essential public services.
Source: public law.

The Lasik eye surgery industry demonstrated in America that free-market capitalism is, by far, the best way to deliver affordable yet quality healthcare.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The Lasik eye surgery industry demonstrated in America that free-market capitalism is, by far, the best way to deliver affordable yet quality healthcare.

The first minute is revealing.
The physician considers himself a "seller" and the patient is called "a buyer".
I imagine even when a person is run over by a car and is about to die, that person is a shopper. Right?