• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
they know how to put a vaccine together... but they dont know how every individual will react to it. We are not all the same and some are adversely affected by vaccines.

You are truly grasping at straws, misrepresenting facts to the point of lying outright.

Unfortunately the people who make these vaccines cannot give you a guarantee of their safety because until you have one, you dont know how your body will cope with it.

If you play real fast and loose with the idea of "knowledge", that might approach some meanings of truth, I suppose.

But it is dishonest to do so.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
And yes, if you are vaccinated, then why worry about those who aren't, after all your free from all these diseases now.
Can you read? Do I need to write it out again, but in crayon? Here;

By allowing the disease to survive it evolves. You, as an unvaccinated person, are a host & vector for the disease, and because of that it is still mutating & evolving. Eventually it will change enough that the immune response that was engineered by the vaccine won't work, and now there's a strain of it that will infect the vaccinated & unvaccinated alike, which will continue until we have a vaccine for the one you caused. That's why it's deadly to refuse vaccinations. Maybe not for you, but for everyone who has to be around you. You are undercutting the entire point.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Can you read? Do I need to write it out again, but in crayon? Here;

By allowing the disease to survive it evolves. You, as an unvaccinated person, are a host & vector for the disease, and because of that it is still mutating & evolving. Eventually it will change enough that the immune response that was engineered by the vaccine won't work, and now there's a strain of it that will infect the vaccinated & unvaccinated alike, which will continue until we have a vaccine for the one you caused. That's why it's deadly to refuse vaccinations. Maybe not for you, but for everyone who has to be around you. You are undercutting the entire point.
Yes that is the scare tactic they like to use, and I don't buy it at all.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
You think that immunized kids shouldn't be allowed to go to school?
Absolutely, having worked for several years at the Royal Children's Hospital I have seen the consequence of these ill informed parents decisions, not only their own kids but also the other innocent kids they have contaminated, usually those with compromised immunities due to other reasons eg cancer kids on chemo. To be effective you need herd immunity, sometimes you have to cruel to be kind, if this sort of measure is effective then so be it.

Perhaps we could setup up some "disease tolerant" special schools for those who refuse to immunize their kids, who are happy to have regular out breaks of serious diseases such as whooping cough.

Remember devastating Smallpox now eradicated and Polio which has been almost wiped out worldwide, now only occuring in those areas where immunization cannot be delivered, currently war zone of Syria and the neanderthal areas of Pakistan.

What an amazing medical achievement in raising the standard of living and quality of life of almost seven billion humans on the planet, with these "magic bullets".

Cheers

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
fear, fear of their children contracting a disease, and that is all it is...........the thing is the children are becoming more sick with all this crap that's been injected into their system.
That is a falsehood that simple does not hold up, sorry.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Well that's you opinion , it means nothing to me, I have been hurt by your crap you call vaccines, have you ????.
No, I haven't been, and (if the truth be known) neither have you. You BELIEVE that you have been, based on who knows what evidence. Evidence that you have chosen not to share.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
But we don't know what the vaccine is going to do, it could be the death of a child just having the first one,

And the first time a child gets into a car could be a fatal accident. The first time getting into a pool could also be the child's death. Heck, I actually had a narrow brush with death when I was 2; my mom was carrying me when the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit where we lived, just as she'd reached the top of our many stairs. Just a bit slower, and she wouldn't have been able to hold on.

If such a risk for vaccination being fatal is truly high, then other tests can be developed to determine appropriate dosages so that those chances are further reduced. Furthermore, if a child is likely to be killed by vaccination, you also realize that said child is going to have to live under constant quarantine if he/she has any chance of survival?

what I am highly against is forcing the vaccines onto the public, if you want to put that stuff into your body then that's up to you, but don't force me to put it into my body. And yes, if you are vaccinated, then why worry about those who aren't, after all your free from all these diseases now.

Not necessarily. It reduces the chances, not eliminates them.

Or do you think that people should also be allowed to urinate and/or defaecate wherever they want, without any fear of being asked to leave given premises?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So...what, viruses don't evolve? Did a Unicorn tell you they didn't?
Of course a virus can evolve that's why their there, but because your not vaccinated doesn't mean there going to all of a sudden evolve in you as some sort of evil thing, if we all kept ourselves healthy which we should then there is very little chance of getting these diseases, its like how they put florid in our drinking water to stop teeth decay, how stupid is that, if someone is lacking fluoride well its up to them to get the fluoride into their system.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No, I haven't been, and (if the truth be known) neither have you. You BELIEVE that you have been, based on who knows what evidence. Evidence that you have chosen not to share.
I actually respect you, but I cannot agree with you, I may be wrong or I maybe right, but right now I will have nothing to do with vaccines, and I hope many others wont either.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And the first time a child gets into a car could be a fatal accident. The first time getting into a pool could also be the child's death. Heck, I actually had a narrow brush with death when I was 2; my mom was carrying me when the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit where we lived, just as she'd reached the top of our many stairs. Just a bit slower, and she wouldn't have been able to hold on.

If such a risk for vaccination being fatal is truly high, then other tests can be developed to determine appropriate dosages so that those chances are further reduced. Furthermore, if a child is likely to be killed by vaccination, you also realize that said child is going to have to live under constant quarantine if he/she has any chance of survival?

Not necessarily. It reduces the chances, not eliminates them.

Or do you think that people should also be allowed to urinate and/or defaecate wherever they want, without any fear of being asked to leave given premises?
I think it would be much easier just to educate the public to be more healthy, I know that's hard, just take a look at how many people are so over weight these days, we will in the near future will be having our kids dying before us, these are the ones that are bringing diseases to us, again educate the public, the children in our schools.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Of course a virus can evolve that's why their there, but because your not vaccinated doesn't mean there going to all of a sudden evolve in you as some sort of evil thing, if we all kept ourselves healthy which we should then there is very little chance of getting these diseases, its like how they put florid in our drinking water to stop teeth decay, how stupid is that, if someone is lacking fluoride well its up to them to get the fluoride into their system.
You either still don't understand or you're intentionally being ignorant.

The virus being alive & around means that it will happen because of how quickly they mutate, due to their life-cycles. It happens in the wild. The difference is that the vaccinated will fight it off until it finally changes enough to render the antibodies useless. Because the disease still exists it's constantly changing. By providing it with people who have to go through the natural method of fighting it off, it lives longer and changes even more. When it enters a vaccinated body, the body can get rid of it immediately. It's looking for it because it has already had a trial-run in the form of the vaccination.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I think it would be much easier just to educate the public to be more healthy, I know that's hard,

You just said it would be "much easier".

Whether it's "easier" or "hard" doesn't matter: it's another way to do it. Problem is that there's, again, hundreds of scam artists (including virtually all of the "diet" trash) and so-called "healthier alternatives" that are actually worse for you than the standard, unless you have some kind of condition. That makes finding the actually reliable sources difficult to find and trust.

However, there's one simple fact: city-living has always been highly disease-ridden, moreso than other ways of living. Vaccines are a way of strengthening the immune system; trying to avoid the germs altogether would be even worse, because that will definitely create super-bugs that we can't fight at all.

just take a look at how many people are so over weight these days, we will in the near future will be having our kids dying before us, these are the ones that are bringing diseases to us, again educate the public, the children in our schools.

The obesity problem has nothing whatsoever to do with vaccinations, except maybe distantly peripherally in terms of falling under the complex umbrella of health. So I'm calling red herring.

I wonder where you get this strange prediction. Is it just a pet guess or an educated hypothesis? If it's the latter, I'd like to see your work, or it'll be revealed as nothing other than a pet guess.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You either still don't understand or you're intentionally being ignorant.

The virus being alive & around means that it will happen because of how quickly they mutate, due to their life-cycles. It happens in the wild. The difference is that the vaccinated will fight it off until it finally changes enough to render the antibodies useless. Because the disease still exists it's constantly changing. By providing it with people who have to go through the natural method of fighting it off, it lives longer and changes even more. When it enters a vaccinated body, the body can get rid of it immediately. It's looking for it because it has already had a trial-run in the form of the vaccination.
It will only truly happen in those who have the vaccine, it will make itself stronger in whatever way, so who is the ignorant one here ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You just said it would be "much easier".

Whether it's "easier" or "hard" doesn't matter: it's another way to do it. Problem is that there's, again, hundreds of scam artists (including virtually all of the "diet" trash) and so-called "healthier alternatives" that are actually worse for you than the standard, unless you have some kind of condition. That makes finding the actually reliable sources difficult to find and trust.

However, there's one simple fact: city-living has always been highly disease-ridden, moreso than other ways of living. Vaccines are a way of strengthening the immune system; trying to avoid the germs altogether would be even worse, because that will definitely create super-bugs that we can't fight at all.

The obesity problem has nothing whatsoever to do with vaccinations, except maybe distantly peripherally in terms of falling under the complex umbrella of health. So I'm calling red herring.

I wonder where you get this strange prediction. Is it just a pet guess or an educated hypothesis? If it's the latter, I'd like to see your work, or it'll be revealed as nothing other than a pet guess.
I'm sorry that you cannot see beyond your criticisms, Vaccines don't strengthen the immune system, they weaken it, you have been feed a whole lot of rote, but then you think the same about me, and this is how it should be, you make up your mind to be poisoned, and I make up my mind to keep healthy.