• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm sorry that you cannot see beyond your criticisms,

You've not provided anything else to see.

Vaccines don't strengthen the immune system, they weaken it, you have been feed a whole lot of rote, but then you think the same about me, and this is how it should be, you make up your mind to be poisoned, and I make up my mind to keep healthy.

Except that I have a hyper-strong immune system, and was vaccinated as a child. Last time I got sick was a few years ago, and before that time it had been years as well.

In other words, my direct experience contradicts your argument, along with the simple fact that the overall life expectancy has skyrocketed since before vaccines existed. You simply have not provided any ground for your argument to stand, hence the criticisms. Furthermore, the only thing you've cited bears several signs of being a scam, and it doesn't matter how many people believe this guy: millions of people follow the same scam artists all the time. Thus, I have every reason to believe that I've not been poisoned at all.

Now, if you actually could provide some real data, with multiple independent sources, then you'd have some ground to stand on.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I just have to say that I understand your fear of not vaccinating your children, that is if you have children, I myself am blessed without children, so I don't have that fear factor. But that doesn't mean I don't have a say in vaccinating or not vaccinating, I respect your decision of whatever you do, and I expect your respect of my decision, and that's all it boils down to, but can you handle that ??.
Your right to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. Your decision not to vaccinate puts everyone else at risk.

It's no more an individual matter than drunk driving is.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm sorry that you cannot see beyond your criticisms, Vaccines don't strengthen the immune system, they weaken it, you have been feed a whole lot of rote, but then you think the same about me, and this is how it should be, you make up your mind to be poisoned, and I make up my mind to keep healthy.
If they weaken the immune system, why do people who get them not get sick like those who don't? Why are things like polio and measles only found where the vaccines are not?
And, no, vaccines do not cause autism. Research has gotten to the point where doctors can, in many cases, detect the presence of autism before the child is old enough for the vaccines. No, polio was not on the way out because it was still infecting, and killing, a lot of children.

Flankerl

Yes the Nazis experimented on people without their consent, and that's where we are heading with this vaccine crap.

Headdesk_gif.gif

Marisa

I agree and don't want to see any disease around and autism is not linked to the vaccines, because they have studied in in major depth now and the first doctor that did it was a fraud, but research itself on autism is making a lot of progress.

The most promising areas of autism research

The most promising areas of autism research - CBS News
That was a great article, thanks for sharing! The sad reality is that vaccine denial lives in the unknown spaces of medical science. We don't yet understand what causes Autism Spectrum, we don't fully understand schizophrenia (except that it tends to onset in teen years), we may not understand why some seizure disorders exist, etc. Into those gaps in our understanding some project their fears. My biggest fear is that as we close those gaps in our knowledge bank, those deniers whose self image is tied to their belief will cling to their denial, and they will continue to risk not just their own health and well being, but the health and well being of those who, literally, cannot make a choice: the very young, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems or other issues which prevent them from taking steps to protect their health.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You are truly grasping at straws, misrepresenting facts to the point of lying outright.

If you play real fast and loose with the idea of "knowledge", that might approach some meanings of truth, I suppose.

But it is dishonest to do so.

You may believe whatever you like. Im not going to be bullied into a position to please the crowd.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That was a great article, thanks for sharing! The sad reality is that vaccine denial lives in the unknown spaces of medical science. We don't yet understand what causes Autism Spectrum, we don't fully understand schizophrenia (except that it tends to onset in teen years), we may not understand why some seizure disorders exist, etc.
We do know one thing that doesn't cause autism: mercury-containing preservatives in vaccines.

After Andrew Wakefield's (now debunked) study was released that claimed a link between thimerosal and autism, thimerosal was eliminated from vaccines as a precaution.

That was a decade and a half ago. Autism rates didn't drop. All that happened was that without the preservative, vaccines have become more expensive.

Marisa

We do know one thing that doesn't cause autism: mercury-containing preservatives in vaccines.

After Andrew Wakefield's (now debunked) study was released that claimed a link between thimerosal and autism, thimerosal was eliminated from vaccines as a precaution.

That was a decade and a half ago. Autism rates didn't drop. All that happened was that without the preservative, vaccines have become more expensive.
Correct. Autism Spectrum rates are going up, which vaccine deniers use to bolster their position; but this is due to our greater understanding of what Autism Spectrum is and not because vaccines.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
You may believe whatever you like. Im not going to be bullied into a position to please the crowd.
I wouldn't expect you to be "bullied into a position"; however, I would expect you to have checked that what you post has some degree of evidential support, so that you're not posting stuff you want to believe with no basis in fact.

I don't want to come across as a bully, and I'm sure Luis doesn't either, but if you come out with stuff which is provably false and demonstrably dangerous to the population as a whole, you're going to get some sharp responses from people who actually have some idea of what they're talking about.

On a lighter note.. watch through to the end for a Public Service Announcement:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Thanks for your effort of showing me what you feel to be true, but I cannot buy that, yes it all sounds wonderful. but again I cannot buy it. I respect your choice, all I am really saying is don't shove your choice onto me or anyone else. I have my choice, and you should respect mine as much as I respect yours, and that is all I am really saying.
Your choice endangers others, and in particular it endangers me. Guess what, even if vaccines did cause autism and such, I still wouldn't care. Because autism won't kill you. I get sick, I can die because of the **** already wrong with me. Vaccines aren't just for you, they're for everyone around you. If you still don't want them, fine, but I'd make it law so those like you couldn't be around everyone else. You want to live that way, fine, but I don't want to die from mother****ing whooping cough.

And here is a woman who got some comeuppance regarding her stupid choices;

Anti-vax mom changes her tune as all 7 of her children come down with whooping cough

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I won't answer all your replies, but all I can say is that we all should have the right to be vaccinated or not, do any of you believe that we should force people to be vaccinated ?.

Marisa

I won't answer all your replies, but all I can say is that we all should have the right to be vaccinated or not, do any of you believe that we should force people to be vaccinated ?.
Yes, me. Read Nietzsche's response above yours for why. You don't have the RIGHT to expose him, or my husband (who also has an auto-immune disorder) to crap that you can easily be vaccinated against. I don't give a crap what you choose not to do, so long as you don't endanger anyone else.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

We all should have the right not to pay for other people's mistakes, but that is just not how it works in reality, so yes, I think vaccination should be obligatory.

It is a matter of public health. Emphasis on "public".

I suppose people might ask to be put on quarantine if they are truly adamant about it, but really, that is pushing it.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes, me. Read Nietzsche's response above yours for why. You don't have the RIGHT to expose him, or my husband (who also has an auto-immune disorder) to crap that you can easily be vaccinated against. I don't give a crap what you choose not to do, so long as you don't endanger anyone else.

Its the environment which exposes us to virus's and bacteria. They are in the air we breath! Maybe you can live in a bubble which will protect you from the environment?

The best defence against disease is a healthy strong immune system and a clean environment where waste is dealt with properly.... not to mention regular hand washing and keeping our homes and clothing clean.

Marisa

Its the environment which exposes us to virus's and bacteria. They are in the air we breath! Maybe you can live in a bubble which will protect you from the environment?

The best defence against disease is a healthy strong immune system and a clean environment where waste is dealt with properly.... not to mention regular hand washing and keeping our homes and clothing clean.
My husband is an active duty service member who exercised every. single. day. and existed at peak health. That's the biggest line of crap you could possibly utter. It's arrogant and dismissive.