• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
My husband is an active duty service member who exercised every. single. day. and existed at peak health. That's the biggest line of crap you could possibly utter. It's arrogant and dismissive.

This is obviously an emotive issue for many people.

State imposed medications is not the answer thats for sure.

Marisa

This is obviously an emotive issue for many people.

State imposed medications is not the answer thats for sure.
How do you think comments like "just stay healthy, man" go over in an "emotive" conversation? Do you think they sound arrogant and dismissive?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes, me. Read Nietzsche's response above yours for why. You don't have the RIGHT to expose him, or my husband (who also has an auto-immune disorder) to crap that you can easily be vaccinated against. I don't give a crap what you choose not to do, so long as you don't endanger anyone else.
I don't have to endanger anyone else, they have already done that to their self by being vaccinated.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I truly cannot believe how anyone would force another against their will to inject this poison into their system, shame on all of you............I'm getting that image of Nazis again.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
At-Birth-Hepatitis-B-Vaccination_zpsraxondye.jpg

A horrifying reaction to the BCG vaccine

Want to see more pics. Vaccine horrors: Medical mutilation of innocent children exposed in GRAPHIC photos of "safe" vaccines gone horribly wrong - NaturalNews.com

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
If you want to play that game, I can give you hundreds of thousands of pictures of what smallpox, polio, and all other diseases we vaccinate against do, and did to hundreds of millions before vaccines.

If that actually was the fault of the vaccine(I'm not about to trust a website called NaturalNews on anything relating to actual science), the numbers it does that to will never exceed the deaths caused by the viruses we vaccinate for.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Weird. Few people in Brazil have ever paid for a vaccine.

The only reason Madhuri has had to pay so much for vaccines is because she did not get them in childhood. The Australian government has a childhood vaccination program in which vaccines are given to children from late infancy until they leave highschool. And even once you have left secondary education, if a new vaccine is produced that can prevent serious disease the government will offer it for free for a certain amount of time to the public who are most in need of it. For instance, the cervical cancer vaccine was offered free of charge to young women under 25 and, I believe, still is.

By the way; I've had adverse reactions to vaccines. I've been so sick I couldn't move or attend school/work but that doesn't stop me from getting them. Why? Because I'd rather have an adverse reaction that can be treated than die of a disease that could have been prevented by a vaccination. People who don't vaccinate are foolish and harm the larger community.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The only reason Madhuri has had to pay so much for vaccines is because she did not get them in childhood. The Australian government has a childhood vaccination program in which vaccines are given to children from late infancy until they leave highschool. And even once you have left secondary education, if a new vaccine is produced that can prevent serious disease the government will offer it for free for a certain amount of time to the public who are most in need of it. For instance, the cervical cancer vaccine was offered free of charge to young women under 25 and, I believe, still is.

By the way; I've had adverse reactions to vaccines. I've been so sick I couldn't move or attend school/work but that doesn't stop me from getting them. Why? Because I'd rather have an adverse reaction that can be treated than die of a disease that could have been prevented by a vaccination. People who don't vaccinate are foolish and harm the larger community.
If I had the lung capacity for it I would sing your praises from the mountain-tops. This is easily the most refreshing post in this thread. Thank you.

shawn001

The Vaccine-Autism Connection: A Public Health Crisis Caused by Unethical Medical Practices and Fraudulent Science

"In 1998, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, a British gastroenterologist, described a new autism phenotype called the regressive autism-enterocolitis syndrome triggered by environmental factors such as measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccination. The speculative vaccination-autism connection decreased parental confidence in public health vaccination programs and created a public health crisis in England and questions about vaccine safety in North America. After 10 years of controversy and investigation, Dr. Wakefield was found guilty of ethical, medical, and scientific misconduct in the publication of the autism paper. Additional studies showed that the data presented were fraudulent. The alleged autism-vaccine connection is, perhaps, "the most damaging medical hoax of the last 100 years."

The Vaccine-Autism Connection: A Public Health Crisis Caused by Unethical Medical Practices and Fraudulent Science

Vaccine controversies

Effectiveness

Rubella fell sharply when universal immunization was introduced. CDC
Scientific evidence for the effectiveness of large-scale vaccination campaigns is well established. Vaccination campaigns helped eradicate smallpox, which once killed as many as one in seven children in Europe,[38] and have nearly eradicated polio.[39] As a more modest example, infections caused byHaemophilus influenzae, a major cause of bacterial meningitis and other serious diseases in children, have decreased by over 99% in the US since the introduction of a vaccine in 1988.[40] Full vaccination, from birth to adolescence, of all US children born in a given year saves an estimated 33,000 lives and prevents an estimated 14 million infections.[41]

Some opponents of vaccination argue that these reductions in infectious disease are a result of improved sanitation and hygiene (rather than vaccination), or that these diseases were already in decline before the introduction of specific vaccines. These claims are not supported by scientific data; the incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases tended to fluctuate over time until the introduction of specific vaccines, at which point the incidence dropped to near zero. A Centers for Disease Control website aimed at countering common misconceptions about vaccines argued, "Are we expected to believe that better sanitation caused incidence of each disease to drop, just at the time a vaccine for that disease was introduced?"[42]

Other critics argue that the immunity granted by vaccines is only temporary and requires boosters, whereas those who survive the disease become permanently immune.[2] As discussed below, the philosophies of some alternative medicine practitioners are incompatible with the idea that vaccines are effective.[43]

"
Few deny the vast improvements vaccination has made to public health; a more common concern is their safety.[67] As with any medical treatment, there is a potential for vaccines to cause serious complications, such as severe allergic reactions,[68] but unlike most other medical interventions, vaccines are given to healthy people and so a higher standard of safety is expected.[69] While serious complications from vaccinations are possible, they are extremely rare and much less common than similar risks from the diseases they prevent.[42] As the success of immunization programs increases and the incidence of disease decreases, public attention shifts away from the risks of disease to the risk of vaccination,[1] and it becomes challenging for health authorities to preserve public support for vaccination programs.[70]

Concerns about immunization safety often follow a pattern. First, some investigators suggest that a medical condition of increasing prevalence or unknown cause is an adverse effect of vaccination. The initial study and subsequent studies by the same group have inadequate methodology—typically a poorly controlled or uncontrolled case series. A premature announcement is made about the alleged adverse effect, resonating with individuals suffering the condition, and underestimating the potential harm to those whom the vaccine could protect. The initial study is not reproduced by other groups. Finally, it takes several years to regain public confidence in the vaccine.[1] Adverse effects ascribed to vaccines typically have an unknown origin, an increasing incidence, some biological plausibility, occurrences close to the time of vaccination, and dreaded outcomes.[71] In almost all cases, the public health effect is limited by cultural boundaries: English speakers worry about one vaccine causing autism, while French speakers worry about another vaccine causing multiple sclerosis, and Nigerians worry that a third vaccine causes infertility.[72]

Events following reductions in vaccination
In several countries, reductions in the use of some vaccines were followed by increases in the diseases' morbidity and mortality.[46][47] According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, continued high levels of vaccine coverage are necessary to prevent resurgence of diseases that have been nearly eliminated.[48] Pertussis remains a major health problem in developing countries, where mass vaccination is not practiced; the World Health Organization estimates it caused 294,000 deaths in 2002.

Vaccine controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

shawn001

FYI, but as in all these works, they need to be confirmed and play a role is different then the cause and this has not, but...

Gut Bacteria May Play a Role in Autism
Evidence is mounting that intestinal microbes exacerbate or perhaps even cause some of autism's symptoms

"So could autism one day be treated with drugs designed to restore a healthy microbial balance? Perhaps, but autism is the result of a “complex interplay of genetic and environmental factors,” explains Manya Angley, an autism researcher at the University of South Australia, so the solution may not be that simple."

Gut Bacteria May Play a Role in Autism - Scientific American

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you want to play that game, I can give you hundreds of thousands of pictures of what smallpox, polio, and all other diseases we vaccinate against do, and did to hundreds of millions before vaccines.

If that actually was the fault of the vaccine(I'm not about to trust a website called NaturalNews on anything relating to actual science), the numbers it does that to will never exceed the deaths caused by the viruses we vaccinate for.
My point is it works both ways, so we all should be able to not be or to be vaccinated, it should be our choice not someone else's, gee I got that image of Nazis again, it just wont go away.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
My point is it works both ways, so we all should be able to not be or to be vaccinated, it should be our choice not someone else's
It is your choice. But stupid choices should have negative consequences. For the one making them. That consequence would be at least a ban on you entering public places or idealy being relocated to somewhere you won't hurt others.

gee I got that image of Nazis again, it just wont go away.
You're trying my patience with this bull****. You ever been to a concentration camp? I've been to several of them and some of the areas the Einsatzgruppen operated in. Or literally fell into a mass-grave? I was in Bosnia and tripped, and when I got up my right arm was covered to the elbow with what amounted to human-soup. No you ****ing haven't, have some respect. This is more disgusting than your trumpeting of conspiracy theories.

shawn001

As an aside, we are in a biological revolution right now, much like the industrial revolution, amazing things are happening in science and medicine. No one wants people to be sick or have disease.

Some new breakthroughs.

Stem cell powder from pigs bladders used to regrow man who lost part of his finger.

Using a 3D Printer to Make Human Body Parts

3D Printed Body Parts Are Almost Here!

The heart makers

Lab Grows Heart Tissue That Can Beat by Itself

Mini Brains Grown With Stem Cells

Mini brains have been grown in laboratories using stem cells, and they have potentially altered the way we test and treat brain disorders and diseases. We discuss the revolutionary use of stem cells and implications on medical research and science in this Lip News clip with Lissette Padilla and Mark Sovel.

Mini Brains Grown With Stem Cells - YouTube

Including treating autism

To show a few.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It is your choice. But stupid choices should have negative consequences. For the one making them. That consequence would be at least a ban on you entering public places or idealy being relocated to somewhere you won't hurt others.

You're trying my patience with this bull****. You ever been to a concentration camp? I've been to several of them and some of the areas the Einsatzgruppen operated in. Or literally fell into a mass-grave? I was in Bosnia and tripped, and when I got up my right arm was covered to the elbow with what amounted to human-soup. No you ****ing haven't, have some respect. This is more disgusting than your trumpeting of conspiracy theories.
You testing my patience also, stop going back wards to the past, the Nazi thing is just an analogy, so please stop trying to make me feel guilty for saying what I have, because I don't.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
You testing my patience also, stop going back wards to the past, the Nazi thing is just an analogy, so please stop trying to make me feel guilty for saying what I have, because I don't.
You're comparing a measure to protect people from transmittable diseases to the Holocaust, the single most terrible event in human history, where millions were starved & beaten to death, gassed and burned alive for not having the right parents. I will not let you use that analogy risk-free.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You're comparing a measure to protect people from transmittable diseases to the Holocaust, the single most terrible event in human history, where millions were starved & beaten to death, gassed and burned alive for not having the right parents. I will not let you use that analogy risk-free.
How many people have to die before they realize this crap is killing them, or making them sick in many ways, to me that's a holocaust.