• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I know that putting that many chemicals in little bodies screw up the immune system since a little body hasn't fully developed their immune system.
If it screws up the immune system, why isn't their some sort of term to describe the syndrome of this compromised immune system? Why aren't more of us getting really sick all the time?
Vaccines only offer short term immunity, unlike the natural disease which does provide lifetime immunity.
I'd rather have to get a booster than take my chances of being severely crippled and killed from contracting the disease.
Try telling that to parents who have autistic children because of the vaccine.
Actually, I am outside of the norms because I am autistic. Now, am I supposed to believe your sources, which all started on a lie and absolutely nothing scientifically based, or do I go with doctors who works with patients who have Asperger's and who also cites studies that show there is a possible genetic link because the father often displays characteristics that are similar to Asperger's? My dad does display several characteristics and they didn't have the childhood vaccines when be was a kid.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I see a lot of wishful thinking. "may be linked to autism" "might be" "could be".

It's a lot of uncertainty. It's not proof.

I asked for proof of one person who became autistic as a result of a vaccination. I'm still waiting.
Of course its not, for you that is, even if there is a mild chance of autism, it must be looked into very carefully, very careful, but no, they just don't want to know the truth, and you know why ?.............because the truth would coast them trillions of dollars.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Some of it is based on fears because some bad things have come from these kinds of vaccinations. Otherwise where would the fear come from in the first place? A baby isn't going to need a powerful vaccination for something like Hepatitis, which will most likely screw up their immune system because their immune system hasn't fully developed yet. Just because an organization approves it, doesn't mean it's safe. Same thing with the FDA. Do you know how many drugs they "approved" but turned out to do more damage? Especially when it's mandatory as nobody should be forced to take anything. The people who are "vaccinated" won't get infected from the people who don't get vaccinations, meaning they themselves will suffer. They will hurt no one but themselves.

Again, you dismiss the obvious: You say "baby" then say "they are only hurting themselves". This is totally, totally untrue. The fact is, the baby is not the one making the choice to NOT get vaccinated.

You are also conveniently ignoring the fact that not all vaccinations (mostly the ones being argued: HPV, Typhoid, Hepatitus) are NOT mandatory anyway!

Polio was rampant in the 1940s until the vaccination program, which has all but wiped it out.

The successful track record of vaccinations pretty much nullifies arguments against vaccinations.

Any person who would choose to NOT have their child vaccinated as recommended by physicians and proscribed by law are on par with those who refuse to have their child treated for life-threatening illnesses based on religious beliefs: both are placing their child's health and life at grave risk based soley on the uneducated opinions of the minority.

Madness.

I had measles. rubella, mumps, chickenpox as a child and so did almost everyone else I knew.
Smallpox vaccine is not even administered any longer. The vaccine was last used in the general population in the United States in 1971. At that time, the risk of serious adverse effects from the vaccine was judged to be greater than the risk of exposure to smallpox. As far as polio, just about all the cases in the world today are caused by the vaccine.

Vaccine-Caused Polio on the Rise
Another fact that may surprise you is that the vaccine itself is the source of newer cases of this disease. At the same time that world health officials are declaring a victory on polio in India, they are calling a global meeting in Switzerland on the problem of vaccine-caused polio.

Oral Polio Vaccine May Be Causing Serious Problems

Except for the fact that before vaccination program, polio existed in epidemic proportions. And, this article you posted referred to a meeting that took place in 2012. What were the results of that meeting? Why was only the "oral" vaccine mentioned as cause of concern while the injected vaccine wasn't? Are we to assume that because the oral vaccination was questioned as to its risk that (1) that was the conclusion; and (2) that the injected form is also guilty? The headline is also biased and inaccurate: as it suggests that polio IS on the rise BECAUSE of vaccination; but the words in the article were worded with cautious "might be's" and "maybes"; and the conclusion was drawn prior to the findings first being reached; and second, being released.

But if all of those questions weren't enough, let's fact check your source: http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html; Do you know that this guy has the reputation of opposing mammography and decrying that tooth filings are toxic!? Really!? You present to us an old article that draws conclusions prior to findings written by some guy who doesn't think that women should be screened for cancer on a regular basis and who thinks that dental fillings are toxic ...

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Try telling that to parents who have autistic children because of the vaccine.
So why, in that study of 95,000 children, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, were the levels of autism no higher in vaccinated children? If you really want to argue, see if you can work out why autism levels were lower by a statistically significant amount, which is kind of hard to square with vaccines being the cause.

Of course its not, for you that is, even if there is a mild chance of autism, it must be looked into very carefully, very careful, but no, they just don't want to know the truth, and you know why ?.............because the truth would coast them trillions of dollars.
Yet there are lots of people not at financial risk (and if you were right, there are tens, possiibly hundreds of thousands of people who'd stand to gain if a link were proven) doing the research, and yet none of them can find any statistical link between vaccines and autism. How come none of the people who stand to gain some of these trillions of dollars haven't managed to prove a link? Why haven't their no-win-no-fee lawyers managed to prove causation?

Though a quote was included from Lucija Tomljenovic, the linked article was by Kelly Brogan MD. Are you simply of the opinion that anyone, physician, scientist. or otherwise who questions vaccine safety then automatically has no reputation or anything of value to offer on the subject?
What? That article was based on, and linked to this: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
..and this should explain why that Tomljenovic and Shaw article (I can't quite bring myself to call it a "study") is scaremongering: More pseudo-scientific garbage from Tomljenovic and Shaw | Diplomatic Immunity

It's not because they're "questioning vaccine safety" that they have no reputation, it's the way they go about it: by misreading and misusing data, basically by not understanding the data that they're looking at and asserting causality. A simple rule of thumb for you: anyone who looks at incidents in VAERS data alone and asserts causation does not know what they're talking about. If you need an explanation of why, I'm happy to give one.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There is plenty of info available on the real history of polio if you care to look into it.

Smoke, Mirrors, and the “Disappearance” Of Polio | International Medical Council on Vaccination
"Unbeknownst to most doctors, the polio-vaccine history involves a massive public health service makeover during an era when a live, deadly strain of poliovirus infected the Salk polio vaccines, and paralyzed hundreds of children and their contacts. These were the vaccines that were supposedly responsible for the decline in polio from 1955 to 1961! But there is a more sinister reason for the “decline” in polio during those years; in 1955, a very creative re-definition of poliovirus infections was invented, to “cover” the fact that many cases of ”polio” paralysis had no poliovirus in their systems at all. While this protected the reputation of the Salk vaccine, it muddied the waters of history in a big way.

Even during the peak epidemics, unifactorial poliovirus infection, resulting in long-term paralysis, was a low-incidence disease[2] that was falsely represented as a rampant and violent crippler by Basil O’Connor’s “March Of Dimes” advertising campaigns. At the same time as Basil O’Connor was pulling in 45 million dollars a year to fund the Salk vaccine development, scientists started to realize that other viruses like Coxsackie, echo and enteroviruses, could also cause polio. They also discussed the fact that lead, arsenic, DDT, and other commonly-used neurotoxins, could identically mimic the lesions of polio. During the great epidemics in the United States, the pathology called polio was reversed by alternative medical doctors who attested to great success, using detoxification procedures available at the time – yet they were categorically ignored[3].

Now it is admitted in the medical literature that other viruses can cause polio, yet few people on the street have any idea."

I don't think it is nonsense to post this information. On the contrary I believe it is extremely important for people to know the other side of the story, have access to all the information so as to be able to make an informed decision when it comes to something as important as health. I believe decisions which impact a person's health should be made carefully after considering all the information and not based on scare tactics of those in a position to profit or the peer pressure of herd mentality.
It looks like you're just posting a bunch of random stuff and hoping something will stick.

Just a cursory reading of this copy and paste is suspicious to me, given that it says this:

"During the great epidemics in the United States, the pathology called polio was reversed by alternative medical doctors who attested to great success, using detoxification procedures available at the time – yet they were categorically ignored."

As noted several times in the thread, alternative medicine that works is simply called medicine.

Flankerl

Quite the opposite. Putting those chemicals in little bodies help protect otherwise vulnerable children, precisely because their body hasn't fully developed their immune system. The newborn immune system is more sophisticated than you give it credit for.

Which is also why newborns don't die after passing through their mothers vagina which is literally bacteria heaven.

In fact studies have shown that kids might be more capable to fight of an illness to a certain point when they had a natural birth.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It has been looked into very carefully.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Except for the fact that before vaccination program, polio existed in epidemic proportions.
Not to mention it was wiped out far, far, far more quickly than something as insignificant as hygiene could be given credit for. Let us not forget, the homeless & poverty-stricken, even in the most filthy parts of the world where the vaccine has been used, do not have polio. Polio just doesn't ****ing "disappear", it's been a shadow looming over humankind for thousands of years.

Add to that tuberculosis, rabies, diphtheria, typhus, tetanus, yellow-fever, malaria, typhus..

It's rather strange how these lethal, eons-old ailments, that have been (quite literally) plaguing humanity for as long as we have existed, seem to just disappear when we begin administering supposedly "ineffective" and "dangerous" vaccines.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
It's rather strange how these lethal, eons-old ailments, that have been (quite literally) plaguing humanity for as long as we have existed, seem to just disappear when we begin administering supposedly "ineffective" and "dangerous" vaccines.
Yes, it's odd, that.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
THE GREATER GOOD weaves together the stories of families whose lives have been forever changed by #vaccination.