• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Science that knows that certain things should not be injected into our bodies, such as mercury, anyone with half a brain knows that.
Sorry, but that's utterly pathetic: a not-exactly-true, largely-irrelevant factoid supported by nothing except an easily-discounted "anyone with half a brain knows that"

Even if it were relevant (given that I'm not sure there are any vaccines left that use thiomersal as a preservative), what any educated person would describe as "real science" has concluded that in the quantities used it didn't have any measurable harmful effect: real science would have observed a reduction in whatever harm it caused from 1999 onwards as it was removed from pretty much every vaccine.

I really think you ought to go out and learn what real science is, how it's done, and why it's important. At the moment, it looks very much like you're propounding an inaccurate and dangerous view based on almost complete ignorance.

So you are lead to believe.
The only lead round here is what's between your ears. You really think every single study forms part of a huge global conspiracy to cover up that vaccines are killing people? All those doctors and nurses who spend their lives helping people to live secretly conspire to kill people with vaccines & cover it up so that some unmentioned and unmentionable third party can make money? And do it so brilliantly that there isn't the tiniest shred of evidence to support this conspiracy theory?

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Pscychoslice, you claim people are dying, or about to die due to vaccinations; but most of these vaccinations have been used for many, many years; and perhaps you miss my numbers when I mentioned that there are over 10,000,000 vaccinations each year to children under 1. If only 10% died due to vaccinations, that means that each year, 1,000,000 people would die each year from vaccinations. If only 1% died each year from vaccinations, that means that 100,000 would die each year from vaccinations. And keep in mind that these numbers of percentages are very very conservative as they only include the number of annual vaccinations of children under 1 and do not include vaccinations later in life. As we are not seeing people dying in droves over vaccinations, can you not relate to why we view this with great skepticism?

Five patients were admitted in Kansas hospitals over a 1 year period with strains of Lysteria. Only 3 of them died. The cause of this lysteria was found to be Blue Bell Ice Cream. The plant at fault was found to be a plant in South Carolina.

Only 3 deaths; and these deaths over a 12 month timespan; yet the exact cause of these deaths could an were determined to such a degree of certainty; yet thousands of people are dying each year from vaccinations and our omnipotent governing forces are able and willing to keep it quiet!?

Bullocks.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Sidenote: Just because something is toxic to the human body doesn't mean that it's toxic in the same quantities. For example, iron is necessary for our physiology; yet in excess, becomes toxic. We don't view beef as being toxic an poisonous just because it has iron in it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you are lead to believe.
So the fact that people are living longer and healthier lives than ever before is only an illusion then? That huge amounts of children aren't dying before they reach the age of 5 anymore? All illusions?

Seriously?

I'm sorry, but you really don't strike me as someone who is interested in truth or knowledge on this subject.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Sidenote: Just because something is toxic to the human body doesn't mean that it's toxic in the same quantities. For example, iron is necessary for our physiology; yet in excess, becomes toxic. We don't view beef as being toxic an poisonous just because it has iron in it.
Even water can be harmful to the human body if you consume too much of it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Sorry, but that's utterly pathetic: a not-exactly-true, largely-irrelevant factoid supported by nothing except an easily-discounted "anyone with half a brain knows that"

Even if it were relevant (given that I'm not sure there are any vaccines left that use thiomersal as a preservative), what any educated person would describe as "real science" has concluded that in the quantities used it didn't have any measurable harmful effect: real science would have observed a reduction in whatever harm it caused from 1999 onwards as it was removed from pretty much every vaccine.

I really think you ought to go out and learn what real science is, how it's done, and why it's important. At the moment, it looks very much like you're propounding an inaccurate and dangerous view based on almost complete ignorance.

The only lead round here is what's between your ears. You really think every single study forms part of a huge global conspiracy to cover up that vaccines are killing people? All those doctors and nurses who spend their lives helping people to live secretly conspire to kill people with vaccines & cover it up so that some unmentioned and unmentionable third party can make money? And do it so brilliantly that there isn't the tiniest shred of evidence to support this conspiracy theory?
All except for the one study from 20 years ago that actually did turn out to be fraudulent and resulted in a doctor having his medical license revoked (Wakefield). That one is reliable. :rolleyes: All the rest are part of the conspiracy. ;)

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
All except for the one study from 20 years ago that actually did turn out to be fraudulent and resulted in a doctor having his medical license revoked (Wakefield). That one is reliable. :rolleyes: All the rest are part of the conspiracy. ;)
Wakefield's study didn't even show harm: he was trying to show live measles virus in the gut post-vaccination. It was a "more research needs to be done into this vaccine" sort of study (while obscuring the conflict of interest which meant that he stood to gain from a separate measles vaccine, and the lack of ethics approval/informed consent, and the way it turned into some kind of anti-MMR steamroller)

I'm not sure a single, low-powered study has ever caused so much harm as that one. And some people still treat him like some kind of white knight..

..and, so far as "real science" goes, I don't think his results were replicated.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

Sorry your wrong, the names have changed but its still the same old poison, wake up.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Pscychoslice, you claim people are dying, or about to die due to vaccinations; but most of these vaccinations have been used for many, many years; and perhaps you miss my numbers when I mentioned that there are over 10,000,000 vaccinations each year to children under 1. If only 10% died due to vaccinations, that means that each year, 1,000,000 people would die each year from vaccinations. If only 1% died each year from vaccinations, that means that 100,000 would die each year from vaccinations. And keep in mind that these numbers of percentages are very very conservative as they only include the number of annual vaccinations of children under 1 and do not include vaccinations later in life. As we are not seeing people dying in droves over vaccinations, can you not relate to why we view this with great skepticism?

Five patients were admitted in Kansas hospitals over a 1 year period with strains of Lysteria. Only 3 of them died. The cause of this lysteria was found to be Blue Bell Ice Cream. The plant at fault was found to be a plant in South Carolina.

Only 3 deaths; and these deaths over a 12 month timespan; yet the exact cause of these deaths could an were determined to such a degree of certainty; yet thousands of people are dying each year from vaccinations and our omnipotent governing forces are able and willing to keep it quiet!?

Bullocks.
Hi, its not just the imminent death rate but what happens latter in life, such as autism, and all the other childhood diseases that are growing out of proportion, we have never seen so many childhood diseases which have been growing since the vaccines, children are getting far too many at a far too early age, why can't they slow down on these, and at least give some later in life such as the hepatitis vaccine, a child would have too be extremely unlucky to get hepatitis unless the parent was a junky, na, its just ridiculers.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So the fact that people are living longer and healthier lives than ever before is only an illusion then? That huge amounts of children aren't dying before they reach the age of 5 anymore? All illusions?

Seriously?

I'm sorry, but you really don't strike me as someone who is interested in truth or knowledge on this subject.
Nothing to do with vaccines, its just that we have a much better life style than we use to.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Wakefield's study didn't even show harm: he was trying to show live measles virus in the gut post-vaccination. It was a "more research needs to be done into this vaccine" sort of study (while obscuring the conflict of interest which meant that he stood to gain from a separate measles vaccine, and the lack of ethics approval/informed consent, and the way it turned into some kind of anti-MMR steamroller)
Right, thank you for clarifying. :)

I'm not sure a single, low-powered study has ever caused so much harm as that one. And some people still treat him like some kind of white knight..

..and, so far as "real science" goes, I don't think his results were replicated.
I know, it's mind-boggling and incredibly frustrating.

Nobody has been able to replicate his results as far as I can tell. And not for lack of trying either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Hi, its not just the imminent death rate but what happens latter in life, such as autism, and all the other childhood diseases that are growing out of proportion, we have never seen so many childhood diseases which have been growing since the vaccines, children are getting far too many at a far too early age, why can't they slow down on these, and at least give some later in life such as the hepatitis vaccine, a child would have too be extremely unlucky to get hepatitis unless the parent was a junky, na, its just ridiculers.
Unsubstantiated claims. Again.

Slowing down the vaccine schedule needlessly increases the amount of time children are vulnerable to infections against the very diseases that are toughest on children.

And for the umpteenth time, there is no evidence whatsoever that vaccines cause autism. None. Zilch. Zero. You are making dangerous and irresponsible claims.
Nothing to do with vaccines, its just that we have a much better life style than we use to.
Thanks to medicines and vaccines.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The point is you're taking a much greater risk every time you strap your child into a car and drive around than you are getting them vaccinated.
Yea Yea, around we go in circles, you stick to your beliefs and I'll stick to mine, but please don't force your beliefs onto me or anyone else, that is my whole point here.