• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
How do you know i am unable to reply to your post? I think a better statement would be ''The fact that you did not even quote posts you are replying to added to seemingly lacking grasp of the English language in no way reflects upon my critical thinking skills''. Just some advice for you.
So I am to take it that you have no interest in honest discussion and instead want a round of Pigeon Chess?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
So I am to take it that you have no interest in honest discussion and instead want a round of Pigeon Chess?

Not at all, can you and @Blastcat add your arguments to the evidence i provided. It will really help with the round of Pigeon Chess.

Blastcat

@Blastcat I am just giving the verses that also say it. This is all still one. I do not have time to debate with people that act arrogant. Can you just make an argument? I deal with people like you all the time.

I suggest that if you don't like to deal with people "like me", that you don't.

Is it because you cannot have a argument that you object from answering?

No, it's because I don't want to be dragged into a mess. I ask for ONE topic at a time. If you think I'm being arrogant to demand that, then I suggest that you find someone else to debate with.

:)

Jabar

@Blastcat Can you please just provide a argument for the verses? It is one topic. Allah says that he has made every living out of water and modern science approves of it.

Jabar

@Blastcat You are very ignorant. The Qur'an never says that is the only thing it is made from. That is part of what man is created from. You really lack in critical thinking skills.

Blastcat

@Blastcat You are very ignorant. The Qur'an never says that is the only thing it is made from. That is part of what man is created from. You really lack in critical thinking skills.

Please quote the Quran when it says that life comes from more than just water.
Refrain from making personal attacks.

Jabar

Please quote the Quran when it says that life comes from more than just water.
Refrain from making personal attacks.

I do not need to but because i am generous i will. When it says we have created every living things of water, it is saying part. Not all living things are completely made of water as said in the Qur'an
It is He Who has created you from dust then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does he get you out (into the light) as a child: then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength; then lets you become old,- though of you there are some who die before;- and lets you reach a term appointed; in order that you may learn wisdom.” [40:67]

Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14]
Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him. So We gave him Hearing and Sight.” [76:2]

These are other things he has made people of, there is much more Allah says.

Blastcat

I do not need to but because i am generous i will. When it says we have created every living things of water, it is saying part.

But that quote DOES NOT say "IN PART".

Please quote the Quran where it says "IN PART WATER", what you quoted only says "FROM WATER".

Not all living things are completely made of water as said in the Qur'an

That's not what you quoted above, sorry.

It is He Who has created you from dust then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does he get you out (into the light) as a child: then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength; then lets you become old,- though of you there are some who die before;- and lets you reach a term appointed; in order that you may learn wisdom
Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14]

Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him. So We gave him Hearing and Sight.” [76:2]

I'm sorry, but it takes more than sperm and mud to create a new life.

These are other things he has made people of, there is much more Allah says.

Well, your CLAIM might be that the Quran is what Allah says. I don't have any evidence for the claim.

But let me concede right now, for the sake of your argument that the Quran IS in accord with modern science. What does that prove?

Parsimony

@Blastcat Can you please just provide a argument for the verses? It is one topic. Allah says that he has made every living out of water and modern science approves of it.
Even back then, it would have been well known that living things needed water to survive and are filled with liquids. Not a difficult connection to make.

Jabar

@Parsimony When has it been discovered? There is one thing to state it and one thing to give evidence. Besides, every living thing, the options are very much.

Parsimony

@Parsimony When has it been discovered? There is one thing to state it and one thing to give evidence. Besides, every living thing, the options are very much.
Discovered during antiquity, no doubt. Every civilization from every time period would have known that they needed water to survive, that they release liquid as waste (urine), release liquid from their mouth (saliva), release liquid from their eyes (tears), release liquid from their skin (sweat) and that they release liquid when they are cut (blood). Any civilization that practiced farming would have known that animals and plants need water to survive as well. You can't raise plants and animals without knowing that.

Jabar

@Parsimony First, Qur'an talks that EVERY LIVING THING is made up of water. There is no way this is coincidence. How many living things are present, i do not know like tons and tons.

Jabar

Say: If the mankind and the jinn were together to produce the like of this Quraan, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another ;

[al-Israa 17:88]

Allaah says, challenging them to produce just ten soorahs:

Or they say, He (Prophet Muhammad) forged it (the Quraan). Say: Bring you then ten forged Soorah (chapters) like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allaah (to your help), if you speak the truth!

[Hood 11:13 interpretation of the meaning]

Allaah says, challenging them to produce just one soorah:

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Quraan) to Our slave (Muhammad), then produce a Soorah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allaah, if you are truthful

[al-Baqarah 2:23 interpretation of the meaning]

No one has.

But it is free from any shortcoming, error or contradiction; indeed, all of it is wisdom, mercy and justice. Whoever thinks that there is any contradiction in it, that is because of his diseased thinking and mistaken understanding; if he actually reads it carefully they will know and clear up the confusion for him, as Allaah says:

Verily, those who disbelieved in the Reminder (i.e. the Quraan) when it came to them (shall receive the punishment). And verily, it is an honourable well fortified respected Book (because it is Allaahs Speech, and He has protected it from corruption).

Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it, (it is) sent down by the All Wise, Worthy of all praise (Allaah)”

[Fussilat 41:41-42 interpretation of the meaning]
People are making misconceptions just they are in today's world

Jabar

But that quote DOES NOT say "IN PART".

Please quote the Quran where it says "IN PART WATER", what you quoted only says "FROM WATER".

That's not what you quoted above, sorry.

I'm sorry, but it takes more than sperm and mud to create a new life.

Well, your CLAIM might be that the Quran is what Allah says. I don't have any evidence for the claim.

But let me concede right now, for the sake of your argument that the Quran IS in accord with modern science. What does that prove?

The word ''of'' in this context is used as part. So, Allah is saying he created living things out of water, a part of water in them. Once again you are making a misconception. This is a part of what he has made the sperm, and all that. This proves the existence of God.
Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

Made from water! It is not saying that that is the only thing. As Qur'an talks about other things man is created from as well.

Last edited:

Blastcat

The word ''of'' in this context is used as part.

The English phrase "Made of" doesn't EVER mean "Partly made of "
Get another translation or another quote. This one fails.

So, Allah is saying he created living things out of water, a part of water in them.

Not by that quote, no. Get another translation, or another quote.

Once again you are making a misconception.

I understand English.

This is a part of what he has made the sperm, and all that. This proves the existence of God.

I don't see a quote for that. And just because a book says something isn't proof of it.

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

Of course not. Why would we?
We haven't been indoctrinated.

Made from water! It is not saying that that is the only thing. As Qur'an talks about other things man is created from as well.

Instead of telling us what the Quran DOESN'T say, how about telling us what it does?

Jabar

@Blastcat Stop being ignorant. I am giving you both what the Qur'an is not telling you and what it actually is telling you. It is telling us that we are made up of water.

Jabar

@Blastcat You have been brainwashed. You say it is just a book saying things? This is a book saying things that have been approved of modern science when this book was revealed 1400 years ago. Does not prove a lot????? Haha, you are funny.