• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Was Islam spread by the sword?

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in South Africa: [8]

Islam in South Africa is a minority religion, practiced by less than 1.5% of the total population, according to estimates.

History

Prominent Muslims in South Africa

In addition to Cabinet ministers, there are a number of Members of Parliament as well as councillors in the various provinces.[who?] The former Western Cape premier,Ebrahim Rasool, is Muslim (Rasool is currently serving as South Africa's Ambassador to the United States of America). Imam Hassan Solomon (Raham) was a Member of Parliament from 1994 until his death in 2009.

During the struggle for liberation, Imam found himself being asked by many communities to preach, even in churches! He joined the United Democratic Front, seen by many as a front for the banned African National Congress (ANC). During his years in exile in Saudi Arabia, Imam Solomon furthered his Islamic education, but was always available to enlighten people on the situation in South Africa.

Imam Solomon returned to South Africa in 1992, and took up a seat in the National Assembly in Parliament following the first democratic elections in 1994. He served in Parliament until his death in 2009. Naledi Pandor is the minister of Science and Technology, Pandor is the granddaughter ofZ.K. Mathews an anti apartheid teacher and a prminent member of the ANC. Naledi converted to Islam after her marriage to Sharif Josef Pandor.[14]

Hazrat Sheikh Ahmed Badsha Peer was a highly respected Sufi. He arrived in South Africa in 1860 as an indentured labourer and was given an honourable discharge by the colonial British authorities when he was discovered to be mystic. His tomb is at the Badsha Peer Square/Brook Street Cemetery in Durban.[15]

Abu Bakr Effendi was an Osmanli qadi who was sent in 1862 by the Ottoman sultan Abdülmecid I at the request of the BritishQueen Victoria to the Cape of Good Hope, in order to teach and assist the Muslim community of the Cape Malays. During his stay at the Cape he produced one of the first works in Afrikaans literature with his work in Arabic Afrikaans, Uiteensetting van die godsdiens (English: Exposition of the Religion).[16]

Sports[edit]

Hashim Amla became first non-White regular test captain of South Africa.

Islam in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in South Africa.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Violence-war-a-greed-the authority-
Murder-crime
In every time and place
We cannot say that the world is not where these issues
The problem is that we operate holken these acts in the name of God
To identify our actions in the name of God
This is the problem
God does not like fighting
God does not love the greed of God wants just salad
Islam encourages the fighting
Encourages greed
Encourages the love power silent crimes Mohamed
So here's the problem
Every Muslim acts incompatible with his teachings
Christian fight
But don't say that God ordered him to fight
Fighting for life
Fighting in self-defence
Committing crimes
But all his actions contrary to his teachings
This is the difference between Christian and Muslim fighting fighting
Muslim fighting on behalf of poor machine
For God wars
And God is not in need of people to fight for it
Our God is strong
Does not need our swords
This is Islam fighting for God
It is fighting for a weak machine
Fighting on behalf of God
Here's the bi

Islam encourages the fighting

I don't agree with you.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
This is the same absurd rationalization which Christians use. Good and bad are all part of God's plans. The Israelite are enslaved by Babylon as all part of God's plan.

Pot meet Kettle.

Yet the Jews think they are the chosen people?!!!!

Regards

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Yet the Jews think they are the chosen people?!!!!

Regards

Islam thinks they are chosen for extermination by Allah. What is the difference besides the evidence? If my culture defeated an enemy that outnumbered mine by 80 - 1 in war after war and my society had made a patch of desert 1/6th of 1% the size of the Arab section and devoid of the oil, yet in countless ways out produced them all I might be inclined to feel special as well. Claiming to be chosen by God is a lot more excusable than claiming God demanded they be exterminated.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Islam thinks they are chosen for extermination by Allah. What is the difference besides the evidence? If my culture defeated an enemy that outnumbered mine by 80 - 1 in war after war and my society had made a patch of desert 1/6th of 1% the size of the Arab section and devoid of the oil, yet in countless ways out produced them all I might be inclined to feel special as well. Claiming to be chosen by God is a lot more excusable than claiming God demanded they be exterminated.

I don't agree with you.
Please quote form Quran.

Regards

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

What about the Holocaust ?

outhouse

Atheistically
Islam thinks they are chosen for extermination by Allah. .

islam was spread by the sword no doubt about it.

But so you know, that is not accurate.

There are more peaceful statements then the minority of violent ones.

It is sad however that the minor ones are perverted, and this religion has more terrorist then any other religion in the world.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I don't agree with you.
Please quote form Quran.

Regards
I knew that was coming. Just for times sake lets say many Islam feel that way, so many it appears to derive from that world view. The reason I am satisfied leaving it there is that most Jews do not really claim to be God's chosen either. Modern Israel is very secular. So my claim is at least as true (and probably more so) true than what I responded to. I could use the Quran to make the case but unless it can be shown to be more wrong than the one it responded to there is little need.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
What about the Holocaust ?
I don't think the Nazis were God's chosen either if that is what you mean. If you mean they are not special because they suffered one of the worst genocides in history I can only say to be special is not always to be successful. I would regard any extreme of abuse by a rebellious world or conquering in spite of it as potential of having a relationship with God. What I can't find consistent is obsessively hating and hurting those same people as being consistent. In faith persecuting can be evidence of the divine but persecuting others is not.

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
islam was spread by the sword no doubt about it.

But so you know, that is not accurate.

There are more peaceful statements then the minority of violent ones.

It is sad however that the minor ones are perverted, and this religion has more terrorist then any other religion in the world.
When I say X is consistent with Islam it is never a claim about every Muslim in history. It is either a majority, a deduction from the Quran, or something quasi-exclusive to the world view. For example most Islamic Palestinians are not violent but almost no Christian Palestinians are. So whatever causes the difference is not ethnic nor Israel but must be ideological and Islamic.

A far as the Quran goes there are more than enough violent verses and the later violent verses abrogate the earlier peaceful ones so they are almost irrelevant. Many scholars consider the Quran two books because they take on opposite characters depending on if Muhammad was weak or strong. Weak and it is passive, if strong it was violent.

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Hamas are special aren't they,Mein Kampf has been a best seller for many years in Palestine.
I forget how many divisions of the Waffen SS were Islamic. I think Hitler's first public announcement of his Jewish solution was made in the home of a Imam. I better stop before someone get offended I guess.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I forget how many divisions of the Waffen SS were Islamic. I think Hitler's first public announcement of his Jewish solution was made in the home of a Imam. I better stop before someone get offended I guess.

Haj Mohammed Amin Al Husseini,the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem,he failed so the PLO took over and they failed and there's been many failures since,sad really

1robin

Christian/Baptist
BTW,it was the SS Hanjar division.
I am impressed by your knowing his name. I can't remember most western names, and Islam, forget it. However I have heard of up to 9 divisions of Islamic soldiers. That may be high but I think more than one is certain. I also have read of the many atrocities they alone were responsible for.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
I guess many forget about the French and British African and Middle-Eastern troops which were Muslims. They were part of the colonial units which fought in both theaters of war. Let not undermine their efforts nor sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.