• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You still don't get it do you,we who earn money pay tax,here its called income tax,you could worship a rubber glove if you wanted and it would still be income tax,not called something else or a higher rates because you won't play patsy and convert to any religion.

The old problematic hadith

Sahih Bukhari 4:53:392 While we were in the mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews." We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it. Otherwise, you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."

Did the Jews record this hadith as well or only recorded by Bukhari. :shrug:
Jews are very careful in recording their history since thousands of years ago.
Why they didn't mention such an important event ?

Everyone is subjugated to pay the income tax and other taxes regardless of religion, how that make any difference ?

Flankerl

That by itself proves that it wasn't an Islamic issue since Jews have a period of prosperity during the Islamic rule.

Why things changed later on is another issue.

Ah yes.

- Everything good = Islamic
- Everything bad = not Islamic

Though of course conquests are good because... Islam!

You fellow Muslims made an entire Caliphate free of Jews(oh there is such a nice German word for it which you wont understand) roughly 800 years ago.

And it wasnt the only time.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Did the Jews record this hadith as well or only recorded by Bukhari. :shrug:
Jews are very careful in recording their history since thousands of years ago.
Why they didn't mention such an important event ?

Everyone is subjugated to pay the income tax and other taxes regardless of religion, how that make any difference ?

Are you saying Bukhari made it up,isn't Bukhari reliable?.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ah yes.

- Everything good = Islamic
- Everything bad = not Islamic

Though of course conquests are good because... Islam!

You fellow Muslims made an entire Caliphate free of Jews(oh there is such a nice German word for it which you wont understand) roughly 800 years ago.

And it wasnt the only time.

What i said was very clear and easy to understand.

Since Jews experienced good and bad during the Islamic rule proves that it wasn't due to Islam itself but due to other things including politics.

Thats why i said that your point proves mine.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you saying Bukhari made it up,isn't Bukhari reliable?.

Why the story from the 2nd part is missing then ?

It says "he said to the Jews", so obviously many Jews should know about it and should be recorded in their history.

I don't trust many hadith as it was collected after 2 centries from the death of the prophet.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Zambia:

The arrival of Islam in Zambia dates to the fourth Hijri century when Muslims established emirates on the coast of East Africa. During that period Muslim slave merchants extended their business to the interior regions reaching Zambia in the period of the Omani dynasty Al Bu Said. Arab slave traders entered Zambia from their trading bases on the coast of Tanzania, Malawi andMozambique. Over a period of hundreds of years more than four million slaves were stolen from Zambia and surrounding countries and exported from Swahili ports by Arab traders to India and Arabia.[1]

Many Muslims entered Zambia during the colonial period, primarily came from the Indian subcontinent establishing themselves along the railways in the central part of the country from Livingstone to Lusaka.

Muslims account for less than 1% of the total population of 11.26 million.[2] Although Zambia is officially a "Christian Nation" there is freedom of religion and Muslims generally are accepted in the society. The vast majority of Muslims in Zambia areSunni. A small Ismaili Shia community is also present. There are about 500 people belonging to the Ahmadiyya sect in Islam.[3]

Islam in Zambia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Zambia.

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Why the story from the 2nd part is missing then ?

It says "he said to the Jews", so obviously many Jews should know about it and should be recorded in their history.

I don't trust many hadith as it was collected after 2 centries from the death of the prophet.

Lol,this is wriggle time,maybe you don't trust many hadith,particularly the tricky ones,that hadith is from sahih Bukhari,personally I likew the ahadith because they give an insight into Islam,

Shad

Veteran Member
What i said was very clear and easy to understand.

Since Jews experienced good and bad during the Islamic rule proves that it wasn't due to Islam itself but due to other things including politics.

Thats why i said that your point proves mine.

Thus any relation of a golden age or the reverse is not due to Islam at all. It is all political then.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Lol,this is wriggle time,maybe you don't trust many hadith,particularly the tricky ones,that hadith is from sahih Bukhari,personally I likew the ahadith because they give an insight into Islam,

I am not wriggling, but it is a fact that many hadiths are unbelievable and silly,Bukhari is nothing other than an author and a writer.

For example some hadith looks to me as mocking and sarcastic

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:

The Prophet said, ‘When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else.”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Zimbabwe:

The arrival of Islam in Zimbabwe dates to the fourth Hijri century when Muslims established emirates on the coast of East Africa. During that period slave merchants extended their business to the interior regions reaching Zimbabwe. Over a period of hundreds of years more than four million slaves were stolen from Zimbabwe and surrounding countries and exported from Swahili ports by traders to India.[1]

Many Muslims entered Zimbabwe during the colonial period, primarily came from the Indian subcontinent.

There are a lot of Muslims in Zimbabwe who are considered people of mixed race.

Estimates on the number Muslims in Zimbabwe vary from as low as 120,000 to as many as 1.2 million. According the United States State Department:

There have been rumours that say that Arab traders played a major role in the construction of Great Zimbabwe. The proof given for this is that there are a number of indigenous people,in the city of Masvingo who have Muslim name and follow culture which is similar to that of Muslims. A great number of Muslims have also arrived since the discovery of diamond in the Manicaland area from north and western African regions.

The Islamic migrants are largely coming from the Yao tribe of neighboring Malawi.

Islam in Zimbabwe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Zimbabwe.

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am not wriggling, but it is a fact that many hadiths are unbelievable and silly,Bukhari is nothing other than an author and a writer.

For example some hadith looks to me as mocking and sarcastic

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:

The Prophet said, ‘When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else.”

Its always the same,i post a sahih hadith but for some strange reason its unbelievable

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Its always the same,i post a sahih hadith but for some strange reason its unbelievable

The Hadith are checked on several points, say:

• The narrators have a faultless string reaching to the time of prophet Muhammad.
• The character of the narrators.
• The memory of the narrators.
• etc, etc

The final and most important checkpoint is whether it is against a verse of Quran.

If it is explicitly against a verse of Quran and it cannot be interpreted to conform to Quran; then it is good for nothing and is discarded. It is surely not from the prophet or our understanding of it is faulty.

Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The final and most important checkpoint is whether it is against a verse of Quran.

If it is explicitly against a verse of Quran and it cannot be interpreted to conform to Quran; then it is good for nothing and is discarded. It is surely not from the prophet or our understanding of it is faulty.

Regards
But that is self-serving twaddle. One could easily overlook a real, physical event simply because it did not correspond with the Qur'an. A bit short-sighted, really.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But that is self-serving twaddle. One could easily overlook a real, physical event simply because it did not correspond with the Qur'an. A bit short-sighted, really.

Quran is a live account of what happened in the time of Muhammad and it is a unique source, none other exists of that time.

Hadith was collected 250/300 after Muhammad and it does not provide the context of a hadith. Quran provides the account of the events, their context and the reasons also.

It is therefore reasonable that hadith should be finally checked for its correctness and true meaning from/by Quran.

This is what we do with Torah,Gospels, Gita, Buddhist scriptures and Zoroastrian scriptures and other religious scriptures; as they also don't have the true context and reason of the claims made.

You will admit it is a very unbiased and correct approach.

Isn't it? Please

Regards

Flankerl

Quran is a live account of what happened in the time of Muhammad and it is a unique source, none other exists of that time.

Yes because if someone writes a book that in the year 2014 we rode on Dinosaurs to school its going to be the truth in the future.

Its in a book after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.