• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Circassians: [8]

History

Circassia was a small independent nation on the northeastern shore of the Black Sea. For no reason other than ethnic hatred, over the course of hundreds of raids the Russians drove the Circassians from their homeland and deported them to the Ottoman Empire. At least 600,000 people lost their lives to massacre, starvation, and the elements while hundreds of thousands more were forced to leave their homeland. By 1864, three-fourths of the population was annihilated, and the Circassians had become one of the first stateless peoples in modern history.
— Walter Richmond, The Circassian Genocide [48]

Traditional crafts[edit]

The Adyghes have been famous for making carpets (Adyghe: пӏуаблэхэр [pʷʼaːblaxar]) or mats worldwide for thousands of years.[citation needed]
Making carpets was very hard work in which collecting raw materials is restricted to a specific period of time within the year. The raw materials were dried, and based on the intended colours, different methods of drying were applied. For example, when dried in the shade, its[clarification needed] colour changed to a beautiful light gold colour. If it were dried in direct sun light then it would have a silver colour, and if they wanted to have a dark colour for the carpets, the raw materials were put in a pool of water and covered by poplar leaves (Adyghe: екӏэпцӏэ [jat͡ʃʼapt͡sʼa]).

The carpets were adorned with images of birds, beloved animals (horses), and plants, and the image of the Sun was widely used.

The carpets were used for different reasons due to their characteristic resistance to humidity and cold, and in retaining heat. Also, there was a tradition in Circassian homes to have two carpets hanging in the guest room, one used to hang over rifles (Adyghe: шхончымрэ [ʃxʷant͡ʃəmra]) and pistols (Adyghe: къэлаеымрэ), and the other used to hang over musical instruments.

The carpets were used to pray upon, and it was necessary for every Circassian girl to make three carpets before marriage; a big carpet, a small carpet, and the last for praying as a prayer rug. These carpets would give the grooms an impression as to the success of their brides in their homes after marriage.[76]

Circassian tribes

From the late Middle Ages, a number of territorial- and political-based Circassian tribes or ethnic entities began to take shape. Their culture, traditions, and way of life differed little.

At the end of the Caucasian War with most Circassians were expelled to the Ottoman Empire, many of the tribes were destroyed or evicted from their historical homeland.

Most Adyghe living in Circassia are Bzhedugh, Kabarday and Kemirgoy, while the majority in diaspora are Abzekh and Shapsugh. Standard Adyghe language is based on Kemirgoy dialect.

The twelve stars on the Circassian flag symbolize the individual tribes of the Circassians; the nine stars within the arc symbolize the nine aristocratic tribes[clarification needed] of Adygea, and the three horizontal stars symbolize the three democratic tribes.[clarification needed] The twelve tribes are the Abdzakh, Baslaney, Bzhedug, Hatuqwai, Kabarday, Mamkhegh, Natukhai, Shapsugs, Temirgoy, Ubykh, Yegeruqay, and Zhaney.[80]

Circassian diaspora

Adyghe have lived outside the Caucasus region since the Middle Ages. They were particularly well represented in the Mamluks of Turkey and Egypt. In fact, the Burji dynasty which ruled Egypt from 1382 to 1517 was founded by Adyghe Mamluks.

Much of Adyghe culture was disrupted after the conquest of their homeland by Russia in 1864. The Circassian people were subjected to ethnic cleansing and mass exile to the Ottoman Empire.

The total number of Circassians worldwide is estimated at 6 million.

Circassians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Circassians.

Regards

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Yes the urine was expensive at that time and shepherds used to save all the urine to sell it in the market, those guys killed the shepherd to use and sell the urine.

They have been caught selling the urine in the market and by investigation they found out that they killed the shepherd to sell the urine.

In one other story i heard that one shepherd beat his camel because it pee outside the pail, then when the prophet saw him he asked him why you beat the camel, the shepherd told him that the camel pee outside the pail, the prophet said it deserved the punishment as the urine saves lives.

I missed who narrated this hadith but you may try to google for it, you may use the following words : prophet, shepherd , beat, camel, pail and rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots
Why would a camel who does not have sufficient knowledge to know he is supposed to use a pale deserve punishment? Muhammad non-prophet evidence exhibit 1134A.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why would a camel who does not have sufficient knowledge to know he is supposed to use a pale deserve punishment? Muhammad non-prophet evidence exhibit 1134A.

I don't wonder that you may accept such kinds of hadith.

2BDxu.jpg

monti

Hi everyone. Some people say that Islam was spread by the sword.

I believe most, if not all religion is enforced with the threat of death. It is certainly being enforced by torture and slaughter as we speak across parts of the middle east, particularly Islam.
Some might try to say that Isis is not true Islam, but the point they would be missing is that Isis is enforcing Islam.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

I don't wonder that you may accept such kinds of hadith.

2BDxu.jpg

Hey There!

The implication you're making is that there is an "accepted" version of the Hadith... that would be news to me - if you know the "official, Islam-approved" version of the Hadith, please provide a link!

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hey There!

The implication you're making is that there is an "accepted" version of the Hadith... that would be news to me - if you know the "official, Islam-approved" version of the Hadith, please provide a link!

I trust the book of allah, the quran
Hadith was authored by men and i can realize which hadith is correct and which is not, i don't need a link or someone to tell me which one is fake and which one is right.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hadith was authored by men and i can realize which hadith is correct and which is not, i don't need a link or someone to tell me which one is fake and which one is right.

I agree with your approach.
Hadith is accepted only if it does not differ with Quran, a reason based and rational Word revealed.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Circassians: [9]

History

Circassia was a small independent nation on the northeastern shore of the Black Sea. For no reason other than ethnic hatred, over the course of hundreds of raids the Russians drove the Circassians from their homeland and deported them to the Ottoman Empire. At least 600,000 people lost their lives to massacre, starvation, and the elements while hundreds of thousands more were forced to leave their homeland. By 1864, three-fourths of the population was annihilated, and the Circassians had become one of the first stateless peoples in modern history.

— Walter Richmond, The Circassian Genocide [48]

Circassian diaspora

Adyghe have lived outside the Caucasus region since the Middle Ages. They were particularly well represented in the Mamluks of Turkey and Egypt. In fact, the Burji dynasty which ruled Egypt from 1382 to 1517 was founded by Adyghe Mamluks.

Much of Adyghe culture was disrupted after the conquest of their homeland by Russia in 1864. The Circassian people were subjected to ethnic cleansing and mass exile to the Ottoman Empire.

The total number of Circassians worldwide is estimated at 6 million.

Western Asia[edit]

Around half of all Circassians live in Turkey, mainly in the provinces of Samsun and Ordu (in Northern Turkey),Kahramanmaraş (in Southern Turkey), Kayseri (in Central Turkey), Bandırma and Düzce (in Northwest Turkey).
Significant communities live in Jordan,[81] Syria (see Circassians in Syria),[81] and smaller communities live in Israel (in the villages of Kfar Kama and Rehaniya — seeCircassians in Israel),[81] and Iraq.

Iran once had a very large community, but the vast majority were assimilated in the population in the course of centuries.[82][83][84]

Egypt and Libya[edit]

Circassian communities existed in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia and were assimilated into the local population.[85]

Europe[edit]

There are Circassians in Germany and a small number in the Netherlands.
Out of 1,010 Circassians living in Ukraine (473 Kabardins, 338 Adygeis and 199 Cherkesses — after the existing Sovietdivision of Circassians into three groups), only 181 (17.9%) declared fluency in the native language; 96 (9.5%) declaredUkrainian as native language and 697 (69%) marked "other language" as their native and most likely the latter isRussian, though none openly declared it.[86] The major Adyghe community in Ukraine is in Odessa.

There may be a small community of Circassians in Serbia and Macedonia. A number of Adyghe also settled in Bulgariain 1864–1865 but most fled after it became separate from the Ottoman Empire in 1878. The small community that settled in Kosovo (the Kosovo Adyghes) repatriated to the Republic of Adygea in 1998.

North America[edit]

A large number of Circassians have also immigrated to the United States and settled in Upstate New York, California, and New Jersey. There is also a small Circassian community in Canada

Circassians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Circassians.

Regards

morphesium

Yes. I do believe that there has been a lot of blood shed in spreading Islam. This is true, not just for Islam, but Islam is one of the most violent religion (ironically under the label Peace). There are exceptions though.

"he who lives by the sword ends by the sword"

Last edited:

morphesium

Mohammed was just a human his mission was to spread the message and he did.
What was his message? If god needs to convey a message why does he need the help of a third person? He could have directly embedded this into one’s mind as soon as one is born (the way chickens are born with some inherent knowledge for their very survival). So there won’t be any fight over this.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What was his message? If god needs to convey a message why does he need the help of a third person? He could have directly embedded this into one’s mind as soon as one is born (the way chickens are born with some inherent knowledge for their very survival). So there won’t be any fight over this.

So one wants to be a chicken instead of a full of wisdom human being.
Is it a good choice?

Regards

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Yes of course God can make us to be programmed for good deeds.

And if We had so willed, We could have given every soul its guidance, but the word from Me concerning evildoers took effect: that I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.(32:13)

Status
Not open for further replies.