• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about the 7-day creation story?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Yes 8 is new beginnings or rebirth/resurrection something along those lines.

Would like to add I think it is rather cool the number of cultures/religions that also value the number 7. I always knew it was special in Christianity, but never really researched it for much more than that till now. Wikipedia has some good info on it here 7 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for any interested.

Mr Cheese

Yes 8 is new beginnings or rebirth/resurrection something along those lines.

Would like to add I think it is rather cool the number of cultures/religions that also value the number 7. I always knew it was special in Christianity, but never really researched it for much more than that till now. Wikipedia has some good info on it here 7 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for any interested.

;) how interestign you say that....

Then wouldnt 7 be perfect...only to "give birth" to 8?

musamiah

• Bible speaks about the creation of the universe

Book of Genesis chapter 1:
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Almighty God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days

It talks about an evening and a morning referring to a 24 hour day. Today scientists tell us that the universe cannot be created in a 24 hour day period of 6 days. The Quran speaks about 6 aiyams, it could either mean a day of 24 hours or it is a very long period an epoch. Scientists say they have no objection in agreeing that the universe it could of have been created in 6 very long periods.

• Bible says in book of Genesis Ch 1: V 3-5:
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Light was created on first day

Genesis Ch 1: V 14-19:
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cause of light, stars, sun was created on fourth day

How can the cause of light be created on the fourth day later than the light which came into existence on the 1st day?

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 9-13:
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Earth was created on the third day

How can you have a night and day without the earth? The day depends on the rotation of the earth.

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 9-13
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The sun and the moon was created on the fourth day

Today science tells us earth is part of the parent body of the sun. It can not come into existence before the sun.

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 11-13
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The vegetables, the herbs, the trees, they were created on the third day

Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 14-19
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Sun was created on the fourth day

How can the vegetation come into existence without sunlight? And how can it survive without sunlight?

• Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 16
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The actual translation if you go to the Hebrew text it is lamps having light of its own and what you will come to know better if you read both verses.

Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 16-17
- And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
To give light to the earth indicating the sun and the moon has its own light which is in contradiction with established scientific knowledge that we have today.

There are certain people who try and reconciliate and say the ‘’6 days mentioned in the bible it actually refers to epoch like the Quran long period not 24 hour day’’, its in logical if your read the bible, evening morning it clearly states 24 hours.

They will only be able to solve the first error of 6 days creation and second the first day light and third day earth.

The remaining 4 yet they cannot solve. Some further say that if it’s a 24 hour period, why the vegetables can’t survive for one 24 hour day without sunlight.

If you say that, the vegetables were created before the sun and can survive for one 24 hour day then I have no objection. But you can’t say the day are mentioned 24 hours as well as epochs, if you say it is long period you solved point number 1 and 3 the remaining 4 are yet there if you say the day are a 24 hour day you solved point number 5 the remaining 5 are yet there.

It becomes unscientific, try not to contradict yourself now.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
  • Bible speaks about the creation of the universe

Book of Genesis chapter 1:
-Almighty God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days

It talks about an evening and a morning referring to a 24 hour day. Today scientists tell us that the universe cannot be created in a 24 hour day period of 6 days. The Quran speaks about 6 aiyams, it could either mean a day of 24 hours or it is a very long period an epoch. Scientists say they have no objection in agreeing that the universe it could of have been created in 6 very long periods.

• Bible says in book of Genesis Ch 1: V 3-5:
-Light was created on first day

Genesis Ch 1: V 14-19:
-Cause of light, stars, sun was created on fourth day

How can the cause of light be created on the fourth day later than the light which came into existence on the 1st day?

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 9-13:
-Earth was created on the third day

How can you have a night and day without the earth? The day depends on the rotation of the earth.

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 9-13
-The sun and the moon was created on the fourth day

Today science tells us earth is part of the parent body of the sun. It can not come into existence before the sun.

• Book of Genesis Ch1: V 11-13
-The vegetables, the herbs, the trees, they were created on the third day

Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 14-19
-Sun was created on the fourth day

How can the vegetation come into existence without sunlight? And how can it survive without sunlight?

• Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 16
-And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The actual translation if you go to the Hebrew text it is lamps having light of its own and what you will come to know better if you read both verses.

Book of Genesis Ch 1: V 16-17
- And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
To give light to the earth indicating the sun and the moon has its own light which is in contradiction with established scientific knowledge that we have today.

There are certain people who try and reconciliate and say the ‘’6 days mentioned in the bible it actually refers to epoch like the Quran long period not 24 hour day’’, its in logical if your read the bible, evening morning it clearly states 24 hours.

They will only be able to solve the first error of 6 days creation and second the first day light and third day earth.

The remaining 4 yet they cannot solve. Some further say that if it’s a 24 hour period, why the vegetables can’t survive for one 24 hour day without sunlight.

If you say that, the vegetables were created before the sun and can survive for one 24 hour day then I have no objection. But you can’t say the day are mentioned 24 hours as well as epochs, if you say it is long period you solved point number 1 and 3 the remaining 4 are yet there if you say the day are a 24 hour day you solved point number 5 the remaining 5 are yet there.

It becomes unscientific, try not to contradict yourself now.

The beginning of the universe is unscientific no matter how you look at it. Lets take the big bang for example. If you run the numbers backwards everything is fine up till the moment of the bang itself. Then all of our laws of physics go flying out the door and science can no longer explain it. So all this effort to prove the Bible wrong is in vain my friend.

lockyfan

1. The bible refers to the earth as "formless and waste"in Genesis 1:1 therefore in existance BEFORE God decided to place life upon it

2. I would rather believe God's words not humans

lockyfan

I dont use KJV. Sorry.
sorry it was gen 1:2 hit the wrong button

but the New International version says "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters"

KJV says "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

New World Translation says "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters."

All say same thing, that the earth was there but a formless waste before life was created upon it

look3467

Premium Member
;) how interestign you say that....

Then would 7 be perfect...only to "give birth" to 8?
The number seven is the old creation story number, where's 8 is the new 7 day creation story.
The old seven could have taken billions of years as only God knows, but the old 7 day creation story is for our understanding so that we have a point of reference.

The new 7 day creation story is the number 8, because the eight day is in a the first day of a new week.

What is interesting is that the new creation story is a 24 hour literal period.

To understand that, one would have to listen with an open mind to my explanation.

Numbers are key factors in understanding things in the bible.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
I dont use KJV. Sorry.
sorry it was gen 1:2 hit the wrong button

but the New International version says "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters"

KJV says "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

New World Translation says "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters."

All say same thing, that the earth was there but a formless waste before life was created upon it

Regardless of version, the story is still the same, that out of a void God creates.

Now, there is a spiritual; parallel to that, in that we were born in darkness, a mass of tissue, in water and void of any knowledge.

Out of that, God made something beautiful, "YOU".

Going then, on the spiritual parallel side on understanding, we come to appreciate the wonders of our creator.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Blessings, AJ

There has been research into what is known as "The Time Before The Moon". Without a moon the days on Earth would have been MUCH longer. Also who is to say that the orbit of the Earth around the Sun wasnt much longer in the time of the creation of Earth? There have been many changes in atmosphere and geology since the creation of Earth so perhaps "7 days" could simply be meant as a tiered system in which the ancients called days since they had no knowledge of the day the earth was made. If so then you really do believe that man and dinosaurs roamed the earth together...how sad.

Oh i forgot!!! To whoever posted that there are only 7 planets...read a science book or any book. Until a couple of years ago we had 9...count em 9 planets with Pluto recently being removed since it is more of an asteroid than a planet. so thats 8. Are you not from this planet or did I miss something in school? Or maybe you need to read a book other than a Bible...

look3467

Premium Member
There has been research into what is known as "The Time Before The Moon". Without a moon the days on Earth would have been MUCH longer. Also who is to say that the orbit of the Earth around the Sun wasnt much longer in the time of the creation of Earth? There have been many changes in atmosphere and geology since the creation of Earth so perhaps "7 days" could simply be meant as a tiered system in which the ancients called days since they had no knowledge of the day the earth was made. If so then you really do believe that man and dinosaurs roamed the earth together...how sad.

Who knows, unless one was around to witness a no moon condition.
But for all intents and purposes, the 7-day creation story is a story of explanation.

And because it is in a book called the bible, it has significant meaning to its devotees.

To the scientist, unless one of religious views, finds no truth in the bible and or its stories.

But I, a believer find truth in the 7-day creation story as a means of understanding who the creator of all there is is.

Whether dinosaurs existed at the same time as mankind is of no significant meaning to me.

But what matters is that the God of creation made us wonderfully, and credit is due Him for that.

The sciences, prove only that they exist, but why, they can't prove.

The science mystery is, that something, created what is, both in the micro world and the universe, the methodically organized, interwoven relationships one thing has with the other, and especially .....life, the living organism.

Blessings, AJ

Mr Cheese

Oh i forgot!!! To whoever posted that there are only 7 planets...read a science book or any book. Until a couple of years ago we had 9...count em 9 planets with Pluto recently being removed since it is more of an asteroid than a planet. so thats 8. Are you not from this planet or did I miss something in school? Or maybe you need to read a book other than a Bible...

sigh

there were only 7 planets then

the 7 planets as mentioned are

sun moon mercury venus mars jupiter saturn

Actually if you look it up, there are reports of "a time before the moon". Accounts by ancient peoples. I'm not sure if these were oral traditions passed down like the mythology of the Bible or if it is a FACT. However, I'm glad to see we both say the exact same thing. Only you choose mythology and faith to explain what I explain scientifically. One instance of historically accurate oral histories is an ancient lake which sat at the base of the Himalayans. These reports occur from 50,000 years ago before ANY trace of a civilization with a language was known. There are many mysteries and civilizations we are only now finding and that may end up changing our views as a whole to the wonder of life. Even as an Atheist, I still have a psuedo-spiritual view of the world...more in tune with Buddhism, but my own spirituality. And as an Atheist it would be absolutely irresponsible of me to dismiss your beliefs. Until God is a proven FACT, however, I can and will not follow a dogmatic view of spirituality which condemns others for their lack of faith or beliefs. I actually applaud those who DO have faith blindly. I also applaud those like me who choose to live without faith as we are now the persecuted and told over and over how sinful we really are with our blasphemy. Remember this though...Godlessness is Innocence...if you dont believe in sin then there is no sin...

look3467

Premium Member
The number 7 is repeatedly mentioned in the whole of the bible.
There can be no mistake that there is a definite meaning attached to it other than a number.
7 stars, plants, candle sticks, lamps,colors through a prism,eyes, bowls, hills, sons and daughters, etc...............................

However long it took for God to create is no the question, but that He did create and 7 days is His story.
If then it is His story, the number 7 is vital to His message and a means by which we can come to understand it's value.

Blessings, AJ

ThereIsNoSpoon

Why is it that there are so many 7's in the bible?
If you have a bible software, search out the number 7 and see just how many times it is found in the bible.

I have my thoughts on them but would like to hears yours.

Peace>>>AJ
7 days is a week. Thats it.