• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So I'm trying to control others by speaking in a way that make sense to me, rather than a way that make sense to them?

If that was all this was about, I somehow doubt you'd be making such fuss out of practicing common courtesy. It is not complicated to call other humans what they ask to be called. Whether it "makes sense" to you (or even them) is irrelevant. Call others what they'd like to be called because doing otherwise is, plainly, rude and disrespectful. We're not being asked to pass judgement, we're being asked to practice basic common courtesy. This isn't complicated.

Nonbinary? What does this mean? Please.......Make it make sense to me.
Pretty sure I can't help something to "make sense" to you here. Besides, as mentioned, whether something "makes sense" doesn't matter - it's not complicated to stop passing judgement and instead just be courteous. I mean, the concept of gender doesn't make any sense to me and I don't believe in it, but that doesn't stop me from calling other humans by whatever gender they see themselves as. Simple, common courtesy. It's not complicated.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I mean, the concept of gender doesn't make any sense to me and I don't believe in it, but that doesn't stop me from calling other humans by whatever gender they see themselves as. Simple, common courtesy. It's not complicated.
The concept of gender doesn't make any sense to me either, and if it was just grownups involved, and if those grownups were truly not trying to create zero-sum games, I'd be happy with the courteous approach.

But this thread is about kids making determinations about their "gender". And these determinations have dangerous, irreversible side effects.

Kfox

Well, once I dressed like a woman and I didn't like it.
I know women who prefer wearing men's clothes, but that doesn't make them a man; they're just women who prefer wearing men's clothes. Again; what feeling do men have that women do not have (and visa versa)?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Categorizing another human as only experimenting about their experiences is the only sad thing here man. Your friend who dies and rebirths the world know you're better person then that.
I’m talking about the ones who already went through treatment only to realize their heterosexual, man.

Kfox

If that was all this was about, I somehow doubt you'd be making such fuss out of practicing common courtesy.
So what else is it about then?
Pretty sure I can't help something to "make sense" to you here. Besides, as mentioned, whether something "makes sense" doesn't matter - it's not complicated to stop passing judgement and instead just be courteous.
I am not passing judgment on these people. When my grandfather got up in age and began suffering from dementia, it would not have been a courtesy to confirm his delusions. We got him help, he got medicine and it helped some; but if we were to instead confirm that the guy on the TV were actually talking to him, we would not have been doing him any favors.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Categorizing another human as only experimenting about their experiences is the only sad thing here man. Your friend who dies and rebirths the world know you're better person then that.
An experimentor is an experimenter man. An experimenter who turns out to be gay is gay, man. Your friend Thor knows that.

Argentbear

Really? I've been a man my entire life, and I had no idea there were such a thing as feeling like a man. But please educate me; what feeling do men have, that women do not?

Then by all means; explain the differences between man vs woman.

To act normal is usually defined as acting as designed
you don't feel like a man? are you sure you are one?

Argentbear

So I'm trying to control others by speaking in a way that make sense to me, rather than a way that make sense to them? Is this the method to your madness? Or did I leave anything out.

Nonbinary? What does this mean? Please.......Make it make sense to me.
If you were really interested you would already know

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Dude an experimentor who takes hormone medicine only to realize their heterosexual is a sad story dude.
Are you at all aware of the reality of the people you presume to speak of?

As it happens, I have some of that awareness. I do not take kindly on your attitude.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Are you at all aware of the reality of the people you presume to speak of?

As it happens, I have some of that awareness. I do not take kindly on your attitude.
I’m aware of the reality of the stories that I have heard of heterosexuals that have shared their stories after they have taken hormone treatments.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I’m aware of the reality of the stories that I have heard of heterosexuals that have shared their stories after they have taken hormone treatments.
I challenge the legitimacy of those.

And even more fiercely your credentials to decide what other people should be blocked from deciding.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I just think the age across the board should be 18 at least to ensure some sort of psychological readiness. It should probably be 25 or more actually.