• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It is my opinion that there is no set age.
It will wary with each individual.
Sometimes it will vary vastly.

It is ALSO my opinion that anyone trying to set a blanket age will only frustrate themselves and those actually going through it.
I’m not frustrated and I don’t impose it on anyone. It’s my personal opinion

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm not talking about events, I'm talking about a specific tree that is in my front yard.
And I'm talking about basic, human psychology facts, the problems science reveals to us in answering the question of what is real and a very basic and fundamental question of philosophy.
That tree? What really is it?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Folks, people know what they feel.
Kids' feelings bounce around from day to day and month to month, and a large percentage of kids with gender dysphoria have comorbidities like depression or being on the spectrum. It's also the case that a lot of these kids end up being gay. Do these kids really have stable feelings, and can they really understand their own sexuality and romance and so on? I think we've evolved to go through puberty, be confused, and come out the other end with a more stable idea of who we really are.

icehorse

Premium Member
You made a claim. I asked you to support that claim. You shut the conversation down.
I did nothing of the sort. I asked you a counter question specifically so that I could establish what context you're coming from, so that I could frame my answer. I am happy to dialog with you, I am unwilling to be interrogated by you.

icehorse

Premium Member
Gender dysphoria is an anxiety disorder that affects about 15 % of trasngendered individuals at some point in their lives.
The context of this particular post was focused on the idea of "transgender kids".

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Kids' feelings bounce around from day to day and month to month, and a large percentage of kids with gender dysphoria have comorbidities like depression or being on the spectrum. It's also the case that a lot of these kids end up being gay. Do these kids really have stable feelings, and can they really understand their own sexuality and romance and so on? I think we've evolved to go through puberty, be confused, and come out the other end with a more stable idea of who we really are.

Yeah and from that doesn't follow that it is so in all cases for what gender you end up with versus sex.

Now the problem I have with the demand for logic and science, is that good and bad is a first person subjective experince and it is not always the same for all humans. So if we make a rule for good and bad, that overlooks that it has some variance, we, the bad people, can end up harming people and we don't know it, because we are rational, use logic and evidence and thus is not real, that these people feel harm.

So yes, a part of reality is objective, but it is not objective that there are bad people or if someone feels good or bad.

Argentbear

Kids' feelings bounce around from day to day and month to month,
Sounds like most adults
and a large percentage of kids with gender dysphoria have comorbidities like depression or being on the spectrum.
Or living with being hated for being honest about who they are.
It's also the case that a lot of these kids end up being gay.
wow....just wow.
Do these kids really have stable feelings, and can they really understand their own sexuality and romance and so on? I think we've evolved to go through puberty, be confused, and come out the other end with a more stable idea of who we really are.
Apparently kids can

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Love your kids, talk to them, provide for them, encourage them, discipline with communication when needed. Do your best. That’s all parents can do really.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
We all should respect kids' feelings at all times.

That is no excuse whatsoever for repressing trans.

It is really very, very simple.

Argentbear

I did nothing of the sort. I asked you a counter question specifically so that I could establish what context you're coming from, so that I could frame my answer.

You made an unsupported claim about unnamed researchers and their findings. I asked you to name these researchers.

You refused and continue to do so.

You asked an unrelated question about if I felt it was important that physician's do not engage in harmful practices. I asked what that had to do with naming these supposed researchers. You didn't answer
Other posters asked what your question had to do with backing up your claim. You didn't answer
I am happy to dialog with you.
Obviously this is a false statement.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
We all should respect kids' feelings at all times.

That is no excuse whatsoever for repressing trans.

It is really very, very simple.
True but we also need to see that our society is creating a lot more ‘experimentors’ than ever before. Many will end up being heterosexual at the end of the day. So before they start pumping themselves up with irreversible hormone treatments we should probably be sure. I think this is the crux of the whole debate really, but then again there’s also some downright mean people who won’t accept anybody for being gay.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm saying the doctor finds out and or come to a conclusion
And I agree with that.
What you then ignore is that AFTER the doctor makes the determination, they declare their conclusion and said conclusion is then not only assigned to the new born, but also documented on the birth certificate.

In this case, I call using words out of context; wrong.

I never said I was speaking for all of human life.
The above two responses are not to something I posted.
I suspect you mixed up the replies with another member.

Kfox

I feel like a man. Am I playing pretend?
Really? I've been a man my entire life, and I had no idea there were such a thing as feeling like a man. But please educate me; what feeling do men have, that women do not?
who can't do this?
Then by all means; explain the differences between man vs woman.
Can you articulate what normal is? (aside from a setting on the washing machine)
To act normal is usually defined as acting as designed

Kfox

Sounds like you just want to control others, then.
So I'm trying to control others by speaking in a way that make sense to me, rather than a way that make sense to them? Is this the method to your madness? Or did I leave anything out.
That's fine, though in cases where the human is nonbinary (they/them), they've made that very clear to you, and you're deliberately ignoring them because you can't practice basic commonsense courtesy and decency for some reason, that's not cool. I repeat - this isn't complicated.
Nonbinary? What does this mean? Please.......Make it make sense to me.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Really? I've been a man my entire life, and I had no idea there were such a thing as feeling like a man. But please educate me; what feeling do men have, that women do not?

Then by all means; explain the differences between man vs woman.

To act normal is usually defined as acting as designed

Well, once I dressed like a woman and I didn't like it. I then considered it in general and like that I look as man and fit that gender stereotypes.

Pawpatrol

Real, lol. Humans suck at interpretating the world (it's been documented many times that people witnessing the same event will recount it differently). Amd what is real, anyways? That chair you're sitting on is not as it seems.
Maybe not to someone who can't figure out his or her sex... But just because A is incapable, doesn't mean B is.

Pawpatrol

Confused about who I am? You go from saying I'm like a todler who needs protected and now you have audacity to claim you know me better than I know myself.
Dude. You're making so many conclusions. I'm not in the habit of explaining myself. *staff edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

icehorse

Premium Member
You made an unsupported claim about unnamed researchers and their findings. I asked you to name these researchers.

You refused and continue to do so.

You asked an unrelated question about if I felt it was important that physician's do not engage in harmful practices. I asked what that had to do with naming these supposed researchers. You didn't answer
Other posters asked what your question had to do with backing up your claim. You didn't answer

Obviously this is a false statement.
My question to you remains unanswered.

Again, I will not be interrogated by you. Not gonna happen.

A dialog is a two way communication. I want more context before I answer your question, full stop.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
True but we also need to see that our society is creating a lot more ‘experimentors’ than ever before. Many will end up being heterosexual at the end of the day. So before they start pumping themselves up with irreversible hormone treatments we should probably be sure. I think this is the crux of the whole debate really, but then again there’s also some downright mean people who won’t accept anybody for being gay.
The change from repression seems to shock you.

It should not. I hope you get better.