• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
According to the World Health Organization:

"gender-affirming care refers to a range of social, psychological, behavioral, and medical interventions designed to support and affirm an individual's gender identity when it conflicts with the gender they were assigned at birth."

No, the law in Minnesota as per the article you linked.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No, the law in Minnesota as per the article you linked.
I can't find it and am tired of looking for it, but feel free if it means so much to you that you won't take the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION'S word for it.

Kathryn

Denying needed healthcare is child abuse and neglect. Children are not the property of their parents and too many have suffered under this nonsense that parents have the final say so.
So are you saying that minors who want gender affirming care should have it in spite of what the parents are saying?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just so you know, the link you provided is for an activist website, not really a neutral, science-based sournce. You can see it in how they talk about these topics and the words they use.

And even if we agree to use their definitions, they start out by admitting that gender is hard to understand. Doesn't it seem that if it's hard for adults it would be basically impossible for kids?
Ebsco amd Wiki are not activist websites.

Kathryn

The EO signed by Gov Walz in Minnesota specifically brings up gender affirming care and the LGBTQIA+ community. @Shadow Wolf

Hell, I don't even know what all those initials mean after the Q, which means queer.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I can't find it and am tired of looking for it, but feel free if it means so much to you that you won't take the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION'S word for it.

Yeah, but what kind of care? What do the actual laws in Minnesota allow? Here is what I learned many years ago, when dealing with laws. You read and qoute the laws and other relevant legal texts.

So I read both articles and they didn't answer that. Here is what your first article claimed:
"While eight states have passed laws this year to protect children from gender transition procedures, including puberty blockers, cross sex-hormones and body-altering surgeries, Minnesota lawmakers voted March 24 to advance legislation that would establish its state as a “trans refuge” for children in states where such procedures are illegal."

I need the actual laws to check if that is true or in effect a lie and that is on you. And you linked the article so for now, I don't care about that article and your standard of truth or rather the lack of it.
And yes, I am honest now.

Kathryn

Yeah, but what kind of care? What do the actual laws in Minnesota allow? Here is what I learned many years ago, when dealing with laws. You read and qoute the laws and other relevant legal texts.

So I read both articles and they didn't answer that. Here is what your first article claimed:
"While eight states have passed laws this year to protect children from gender transition procedures, including puberty blockers, cross sex-hormones and body-altering surgeries, Minnesota lawmakers voted March 24 to advance legislation that would establish its state as a “trans refuge” for children in states where such procedures are illegal."

I need the actual laws to check if that is true or in effect a lie and that is on you. And you linked the article so for now, I don't care about that article and your standard of truth or rather the lack of it.
I can give you the executive order that Walz signed -is that enough? Please say it is!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I can give you the executive order that Walz signed -is that enough? Please say it is!

You really don't understand burden of proof, do you? It is on you to show that the claim in the first article you posted match the executive order and laws of Minnesota. I won't do it for you.

So here is what you can do. State that you retract the article as you are not certain that it tells the truth. Or back it up.

BTW I took the time to read it. Now take a guess as to if it backs up the article claims?

GoodAttention

It is very interesting from a legal point of view, especially since it is the US. For a child to seek help and advice there has to be a service that can be accessed, so will this be a free service provided by the state?

If not, and the parents do not have the financial means to access the care then is this also considered neglect?

Could a child take their parents to court based on this legislation? Could a person also take the state to court for not taking them into state custody at the pertinent time?

Kathryn

You really don't understand burden of proof, do you? It is on you to show that the claim in the first article you posted match the executive order and laws of Minnesota. I won't do it for you.

So here is what you can do. State that you retract the article as you are not certain that it tells the truth. Or back it up.

BTW I took the time to read it. Now take a guess as to if it backs up the article claims?
Like I said, I am tired of thinking about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Not to mention its horribly biased to say states "protect" kids from medical treatment.