• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

wellwisher

Share your opinion. I’ll say 18. Maybe even older. There’s a lot of experimentation that dies out. One should be sure before they attach labels imo. Take a little time…
I would say the same age as children identifying as animals, like a doggie or kitty. At the age of 2-4 children like to pretend they are a different species; other than with human DNA. They often copy the behavior and sounds of the household pets. That is when you get them, just before they outgrow it. Nah!

bowne-01.jpg
pretend-play.jpg
kids-act-like-animals-cats__605.jpg

One second thought, it may be better to let them make a few semi-adult decisions, like driving the car, so they show some adult responsibility in potentially dangerous situations. I guess 18 sounds good, since that is the legal age of sexual consent, when you are considered adult enough to do most things, except legally drink and smoke. That has to wait until 21.

GoodAttention

I would say the same age as children identifying as animals, like a doggie or kitty. At the age of 2-4 children like to pretend they are a different species; other than with human DNA. They often copy the behavior and sounds of the household pets. That is when you get them, just before they outgrow it. Nah!

bowne-01.jpg
pretend-play.jpg

One second thought, it may be better to let them make a few semi-adult decisions, like driving the car, so they show some adult responsibility in potentially dangerous situations. I guess 18 sounds good, since that is the legal age of sexual consent, when you are considered adult enough to do most things, except legally drink and smoke. That has to wait until 21.

Yet it is legal in many states for a person to marry at age 16 years, and some states even younger.

If a judge can officiate on underage marriage, shouldn’t this also apply for gender affirming treatment?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yet it is legal in many states for a person to marry at age 16 years, and some states even younger.

If a judge can officiate on underage marriage, shouldn’t this also apply for gender affirming treatment?
I don't generally believe that anyone should be getting married before age 18, OR having body parts cut off of them!

GoodAttention

I don't know and thankfully none of my kids wanted to get married as teens. But I bet we could have worked it out.

The point being, if they did at age 15 or 16 for example then they would be allowed to decide medical treatment without your consent.

These laws are effectively discriminatory on one hand and deny the legitimacy of gender dysphoria as a paediatric condition on the other.

Kathryn

The point being, if they did at age 15 or 16 for example then they would be allowed to decide medical treatment without your consent.

These laws are effectively discriminatory on one hand and deny the legitimacy of gender dysphoria as a paediatric condition on the other.
Thankfully it's very rare. And NO ONE is letting a child get married below the age of 14.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Thankfully it's very rare. And NO ONE is letting a child get married below the age of 14.
"Nearly 300,000 minors — the vast majority of them girls — were legally married in the United States between 2000 and 2018, according to a 2021 study. Child marriage is defined as any marriage where at least one of the parties is under the age of 18. It was legal in all 50 states until 2018. Ten states have since passed bans to end the practice. "

"There is often little that can be done to legally remove minors from their spouses. The youngest bride Reiss has seen was 10 years old. But helping somebody under the age of 18 run away from home or escape from an abusive situation would likely result in criminal charges for the advocates and anyone who attempted to help. "

Kathryn

"Nearly 300,000 minors — the vast majority of them girls — were legally married in the United States between 2000 and 2018, according to a 2021 study. Child marriage is defined as any marriage where at least one of the parties is under the age of 18. It was legal in all 50 states until 2018. Ten states have since passed bans to end the practice. "

"There is often little that can be done to legally remove minors from their spouses. The youngest bride Reiss has seen was 10 years old. But helping somebody under the age of 18 run away from home or escape from an abusive situation would likely result in criminal charges for the advocates and anyone who attempted to help. "

Ten year old brides are the exception, not the rule. From 2000 thru 2018 there were under 300,000. Besides that, why does it even matter if you can also cut off their body parts or stop their puberty?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

bowne-01.jpg
pretend-play.jpg

Age of consent isn't uniform. In Indiana its 16.
What makes you think you know better than researchers, healthcare providers and the patient being treated?