• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And one more thing on the Cass report:

On 31 July 2024 the British Medical Association, publicly called for a halt on the Cass review's implementation while it conducted an evaluation of the report. The BMA's council voted in favor of a motion to "publicly critique the Cass Review" due to "unsubstantiated recommendations driven by unexplained study protocol deviations, ambiguous eligibility criteria, and exclusion of trans-affirming evidence". The BMA criticised the related ban on puberty blockers, arguing this wasn't a decision for politicians to make, while calling for more research.

and

The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health followed the BMA viewing the report as a "backwards step", Criticizing the reports content and methodology and criticized the NHS for delaying care that already has "unacceptable waiting times".

AND

The American Academy of Pediatrics criticized the report for its questionable methodologies "We reaffirming our support for gender-affirming care for minors" and that our current policies supporting such treatments are "grounded in evidence and science"

and

The Canadian Pediatric Society rejected the report "Current evidence shows puberty blockers to be safe when used appropriately, and they remain an option to be considered within a wider view of the patient's mental and psychosocial health."

and

Amnesty International criticized "sensationalised coverage" of the review. "This review is being weaponised by people who revel in spreading disinformation and myths about healthcare for trans young people.
Yes, and most likely all of those business organizations are on record giving fealty to WPATH.

icehorse

Premium Member
the British Medical Association is a professional organization just like the American Medical Association.

When considering this topic, it's useful to know which organizations have relied on WPATH. Here's a list of medical or medical-adjacent organizations in the US who are on record citing WPATH:

(Note: it includes the AMA)

Attachments

• WPATH’s Influence in the US.pdf
    128.4 KB · Views: 23

Argentbear

When considering this topic, it's useful to know which organizations have relied on WPATH.
Which does nothing to change the criticisms. And it is telling that your response to the legitimate criticisms is not to address the points made but to and toss some sad shade at legitimate professional organizations.

icehorse

Premium Member
Which does nothing to change the criticisms. And it is telling that your response to the legitimate criticisms is not to address the points made but to and toss some sad shade at legitimate professional organizations.
Wait what? Your argument was that all of these organizations disagree with the Cass report. In response to YOUR claim, I'm simply pointing out that all (or most), of the organizations you quoted are heavily influenced by WPATH. So my response absolutely addresses your criticisms. The critics of the Cass Report that you cited are far from neutral, they're in bed with the organization that promotes the ideas that Cass criticizes.

In other words, organizations that follow WPATH are now trying to cover their butts.

Last edited:

Argentbear

Wait what? Your argument was that all of these organizations disagree with the Cass report. In response to YOUR claim, I'm simply pointing out that all (or most), of the organizations you quoted heavily influenced by WPATH.

A claim you make without any evidence or any evidence that any use of WPATH standards of care somehow negates legitimate criticism.

It doesn't
So my response absolutely addresses your criticisms.
You basically ignored the criticisms.
The critics of the Cass Report that you cited are far from neutral, they're in bed with the organization that promotes the ideas that Cass criticizes.
Evidence?

Argentbear

So it's better to say nothing at all? Those are your only choices?
The option of spending a couple hours going through 30 pages of posts and cutting and citing quotes that i don't beleive for a minute you woudl actually look at is not a great option at all.

Argentbear

Provided in post 583.

You mean the PDF file that someone was so proud of that they just didn't feel the need to take writing credit for?

It's always impressive when no one takes credit for a a bunch of research and writing

Hosted by Society for Evidence-Based Gender Medicine
(gotta love an organization whose name is an oxymoron)
SEGM is famous for pushing the discredited work of Lisa Littman.
Advocating abusive conversion therapy
Promoting discrimination based legislation such as lobbying against insurance coverage for transgender individuals and against school anti-bullying programs that include bullying of LGBT youth.
SEGM has advocated for sex education materials that identifies LGBT individuals as mentally ill and to be perpetrators of pedophilia and societal violence.

No wonder you are a fan.

But lets look at some of the claims of this no author piece.

"Nov 2016 AMA Journal of Ethics, Volume 18: Transgender Health and Medicine - Cites
WPATH throughout the entire document - argues for body modification on demand:"

What the Journal Of Ethics actually says:
"The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) offers
guidelines to clinicians regarding treatment of people wanting to modify
their bodies for this reason. Prior to these modifications, WPATH advises
that mental health screening is needed and that psychotherapy is
recommended."

and the JoE agrees. So the claim that the JoE is arguing for "body modification on demand:" is just a lie

"AAP 2018 policy statement endorsing hormonal and surgical interventions for minors
suffering from gender dysphoria cites WPATH’s SOC7 and its 2010 “de-psychopathologisation” statement. "

Which is interesting because the APP policy is that surgical interventions are reserved for adults

"Op-ed by two psychiatrists highlighting the textbook’s many flaws"
the psychiatrists in question Miriam Grossman and Lauren Schwartz are board members of the American College of Pediatrics, a recognized hate group

You were asked to identify just what was wrong or bad about the standards of care of the WPATH and you eventually admitted you had never even looked at the standards of care and refused to read them in any circumstance.

icehorse

Premium Member
You mean the PDF file that someone was so proud of that they just didn't feel the need to take writing credit for?

It's not clear that you even skimmed that pdf? It is nothing more than a collection of excerpts and links. In other words it is nothing more than a series of easily falsifiable claims. Correct? No opinions, just black and white claims.

I'm sure you know the value of falsifiable claims vs. opinions!

Argentbear

It's not clear that you even skimmed that pdf? It is nothing more than a collection of excerpts and links. In other words it is nothing more than a series of easily falsifiable claims. Correct? No opinions, just black and white claims.

I'm sure you know the value of falsifiable claims vs. opinions!
so you admit your link was nothing more than easily falsifiable claims.

Kfox

The option of spending a couple hours going through 30 pages of posts and cutting and citing quotes that i don't beleive for a minute you woudl actually look at is not a great option at all.
Or, you can forget about doing all of that and just answer the question I asked you on post # 527.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Or, you can forget about doing all of that and just answer the question I asked you on post # 527.

Well, you apparently didn't answer me in #495

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Provided in post 583.

Again, organizations like the AMA will - of course - criticize the Cass Report. Because the Cass Report undermines them, doh!
That just sounds like conspiracy nonsense. Saying "I'm not a werewolf" is exactly what the werewolf would say, sort of thinking.