• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Plastic surgeons, a group known for largely feeding to vanity, aren't following up with their patients on a long term basis. They aren't therapists or psychologists who can properly evaluate mental health outcomes.
It's like radiologists who expected to be taken seriously with their lesser opinions of covid. They don't study viruses, they're field isn't in how they are transmitted, they run tests and don't even actually treat people.
Got it, thanks.

But in this context they're talking about being asked to perform trans-surgeries. If I recall correctly, you've always said that GAC takes a team of docs and therapists working together, am I remembering that correctly? If so, I agree, that's how it ought to work, and I'm sure sometimes it does.

But these plastic surgeons ARE a part of such a team. And they're now saying that they're dubious that the surgeries they're performing are creating good outcomes.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that they don't care about the ultimate outcomes for their patients? hmmm

Argentbear

yeah, nah. you owe it to all of us to go learn about falsifiable claims... (we'll be here when you get back)
here is a falsafiable claim.

You link doesn't say just who the author got his information from.

Now you could quote your link showing he did indeed name his source...

Please go ahead and prove me wrong.

Argentbear

Got it, thanks.

But in this context they're talking about being asked to perform trans-surgeries. If I recall correctly, you've always said that GAC takes a team of docs and therapists working together, am I remembering that correctly? If so, I agree, that's how it ought to work, and I'm sure sometimes it does.

But these plastic surgeons ARE a part of such a team. And they're now saying that they're dubious that the surgeries they're performing are creating good outcomes.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that they don't care about the ultimate outcomes for their patients? hmmm
Any direct statement from the ASPS?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (11,000 members), just came out more or less agreeing with the Cass Report, concluding that the evidence for the long term efficacy of chest and genital surgical interventions.. is of low quality / low certainty.

Yup, those plastic surgeons are always falling for conspiracy nonsense.

And yet there is not a single quote from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons presented even once nor even linked to in your presented article.

Why is that?

Kfox

But you realize your thoughts on the matter could be mistaken and that the person you're talking to probably knows better who they are than you do, right?
As I said before, if the person looks like a biological male, but is actually a female, and I mistakenly call her a male, when she corrects me, I have no problem apologizing and referring to her as female from then on.
But that's not what you're doing, since you've not actually inspected their complete biological makeup. You're judging them based on their outward appearance and then just assuming their biological makeup from there based on your own thoughts and feelings and perceptions of how they look to you.
Yes! I make an assumption on their biological makeup based strictly on how they look. This is how 99.9% of the people out there interact with others. I’m not alone with this; I’ll bet even you do this sometimes.
Funny how your thoughts and feelings on the matter seem to trump the thoughts and feelings of the actual human being who is being identified.
Funny thing, that.

So, it's just as I said.
No, as I said before, If I make a mistake and they correct me, I will recognize my mistake and make the correction from then on.
I address people according to how they've asked me to address them.
In the real world, most people don’t tell you how to address them.

Kfox

The word actual is an human cognitive abstract and doesn't exist outside human thought. The same with the word existence.
Okaaaayy!!!
Neither of these are real, objective and empirical. In effect by your rule you are just imagining this.
Not only am I imagining this, but I am communicating these imaginative thoughts; we call this TALKING!!!
What you fail to understand it that your rule that only that outside human thought is real, is not real as a rule, because it only exists in your thought.
Your whole system of reasoning rests on a self-refering contradiction.
I never suggested my thoughts, rules, or opinions have an actual existence. Where are you getting this stuff???

Kfox

Depression exists.
Math also is something that we don't find in nature. Yet it's the language teaching us how the Cosmos functions.
They only exist in the context of human thought; (sorta like Santa Clause) they don't have an actual existence.

Kfox

yeah they do exist independent of thought which is why medications for these things work.
Medication help alter the thoughts (among other things). If they had an actual existence outside human experience, you would be able to describe how they look like.

Argentbear

As I said before, if the person looks like a biological male, but is actually a female, and I mistakenly call her a male, when she corrects me, I have no problem apologizing and referring to her as female from then on.

Yes! I make an assumption on their biological makeup based strictly on how they look. This is how 99.9% of the people out there interact with others. I’m not alone with this; I’ll bet even you do this sometimes.

No, as I said before, If I make a mistake and they correct me, I will recognize my mistake and make the correction from then on.

In the real world, most people don’t tell you how to address them.
In the real world when you tell someone your name you are telling them how you want to be addressed.

Argentbear

Medication help alter the thoughts (among other things). If they had an actual existence outside human experience, you would be able to describe how they look like.
no that isn't what medications do. Anti-depressant medication for example makes a key neurotransmitter more available in the brain. that doesn't alter thoughts at all, it just helps stabilizes a person with depressions brain chemistry.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No; the jerk is the one who demands I address them according to their make-believe gender.
So if gender is make believe are you gender-neutral?
That is not at all what they do. Psychotropic medications work by manipulating certain neurotransmitters and how the body, especially the brain, interacts with them. Select Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI), a very common class of drugs for treating depression, and they basically do what the name says, adjusting how much serotonin transmitters are able to take in. It's very common for doctors to treat these as a sort of crutch, with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) being the "physical therapy" of the brain, with the patient doing the work to improve their own cognitive thoughts and mental states to improve depressed symptoms and eventually coming off the SSRI.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Okaaaayy!!!

Not only am I imagining this, but I am communicating these imaginative thoughts; we call this TALKING!!!

I never suggested my thoughts, rules, or opinions have an actual existence. Where are you getting this stuff???

No, but you demand that of gender as not used by you. That is you double standard. You use subjective understanding and rely on inter-subjective understanding, but deny it for gender.