• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Also what about the regret of taking hormone meds? Did they poll everyone that’s done that to see if they’ve regretted it?
That too is also rare, with it being very common for cross-hormone treatment alone to start improving mental well being.

Argentbear

Ok.
Thank you.
What I am looking for is (Plugging your number in)

less than one percent of ??? percent of ??? percent regret the surgery.​

What is the percentage of those who want the surgery that got the surgery?
That would be the number in the first set of ???

Thee last set of ??? would be the percentage of the population that want the surgery.
a quick google search found the following:
Gender-affirming surgeries (GAS) are a type of surgery that can help people affirm their gender identity. In the United States, between 25% and 35% of trans and nonbinary people have received GAS. The number of GAS procedures has increased over the years, from 4,552 in 2016 to 13,011 in 2019, before declining slightly to 12,818 in 2020. The pandemic may have contributed to the decrease in 2020.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
since such medications are reversible i doubt there would be but the tiniest number.
No, they're not reversible, especially after a period of time. Especially the effects of testosterone. Can't reverse the balding, voice changes, body hair growth and genital changes. It's iffy if you'll be fertile or not after you stop taking it.

Argentbear

No, they're not reversible, especially after a period of time. Especially the effects of testosterone. Can't reverse the balding, voice changes, body hair growth and genital changes. It's iffy if you'll be fertile or not after you stop taking it.
According to the Mayo Clinic: "Effects of hormone therapy for transgender people are reversible if you stop taking the medication, but the degree to which they can be reversed depends on how long you've been taking it. For example, the effects of estrogen, such as skin softening, muscle tone reduction, and fat redistribution, are reversible. However, other effects, such as clitoral growth, facial hair growth, voice changes, and male-pattern baldness, are not reversible.
Puberty blockers, such as GnRH analogues, are also reversible and can be stopped at any time. If you stop taking puberty blockers and haven't started hormone therapy, your body will go back to the puberty that had already started. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) considers puberty blockers to be a "fully reversible intervention."

Jimmy

Veteran Member
That’s why I think young people should think it through for a while.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
According to the Mayo Clinic: "Effects of hormone therapy for transgender people are reversible if you stop taking the medication, but the degree to which they can be reversed depends on how long you've been taking it. For example, the effects of estrogen, such as skin softening, muscle tone reduction, and fat redistribution, are reversible. However, other effects, such as clitoral growth, facial hair growth, voice changes, and male-pattern baldness, are not reversible.
Puberty blockers, such as GnRH analogues, are also reversible and can be stopped at any time. If you stop taking puberty blockers and haven't started hormone therapy, your body will go back to the puberty that had already started. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) considers puberty blockers to be a "fully reversible intervention."
Um, I'm a trans man and have been on testosterone for over a decade. I don't need that simplistic stuff quoted to me. Testosterone therapy for trans men becomes irreversible within months. You can't come back from male pattern baldness, the vocal changes, the genital growth, the body hair (without hair removal), etc. Even your link says that. So, uh, thanks for agreeing?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The definition of words comes from their usage. That is pretty common knowledge.

And if you were paying attention my repose was to a post that claimed that the word tomboy can't be attached to gender but you can't define tomboy without brining up both biological sex and gender norms.
You are of course free to try.

well as a start I would say that a tomboy is a young female human who likes to do things that boys usually do, such as climbing trees.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Except regret is very rare.
That's a common talking point created by the trans activists, but as neutral doctors and scientists look into this question more carefully they are starting to see how the data collection approaches for "regret" are usually quite flawed, and that regret is now seen as far more common than the activists would like us to believe.

Argentbear

That's a common talking point created by the trans activists, but as neutral doctors and scientists look into this question more carefully they are starting to see how the data collection approaches for "regret" are usually quite flawed, and that regret is now seen as far more common than the activists would like us to believe.
Name these scientists and the studies they have done to support their claims.

Argentbear

I wasn't asking how they feel

No, everybody knows the difference between being happy and being sad, and are able to articulate the difference.
but you did state that if gender is based on internal perceptions there is no distinction between man vs woman. In the same way happiness and sadness are based on internal perceptions but despite that there is a distinction between them.

Argentbear

I'm not disrespecting someone when I refuse to confirm their delusions.
you disrespect schizophrenics when you call their hallucinations "imaginary friends" or think that they need or want anyone else to pretend to hear what they hear.

Schizophrenics understand that only they can hear the voices in their head. And if you actually stop and talk to them they will tell you that just because they are hallucinations doesn't mean they aren't experiencing them and will resent you when you dismiss their experiences as if they were not happening.