• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Kfox

So your birth certificate does not state that you are male or female?
It does.
Mine has assigned male to me
So according to your birth certificate, the doctor had a say in whether you were labeled male or female? I don't think so; the doctor had no say in that matter. The doctor determined your sex and he had no choice but to reflect his findings on your birth certificate. If sex were ASSIGNED at birth, we wouldn't be having all of those "gender reveal" parties.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So according to your birth certificate, the doctor had a say in whether you were labeled male or female?
Yes.

I don't think so; the doctor had no say in that matter.
if the doctor does not make a declaration, then a sex is not assigned until AFTER the doctor makes a declaration.
Then the doctors declaration is assigned on the the birth certificate.

The doctor determined your sex and he had no choice but to reflect his findings on your birth certificate.
Yes.
he assigns your sex and it is documented on the birth certificate.

If sex were ASSIGNED at birth, we wouldn't be having all of those "gender reveal" parties.
If sex there would be no gender reveal parties before the gender was revealed.
Which may not be until the child is much much older.