• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Argentbear

Do you agree that doctors ought to make "first, do no harm" their top priority?
what does that have to do with your claim "neutral doctors and scientists look into this question more carefully they are starting to see how the data collection approaches for "regret" are usually quite flawed, and that regret is now seen as far more common than the activists would like us to believe." ?

Back up your claims

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
what does that have to do with your claim "neutral doctors and scientists look into this question more carefully they are starting to see how the data collection approaches for "regret" are usually quite flawed, and that regret is now seen as far more common than the activists would like us to believe." ?

Back up your claims
Im trying to determine the context you're coming from, because in this sort of situation I often find that whining about citations is not really in good faith...

Kfox

What some believe to be factually correct and what is factually correct are often not the same thing.
As I said before, If I mistake a woman for a man due to how she presents herself, when she corrects me, I apologize and refer to her as a woman. Now if they say they are a Xi, Zu, they/them, etc. that's different; in that case I only refer to their biology which is either male or female.

Kfox

Now just for the fun of it. Justify what you consider factually correct and not just claim it, but actually justifiy it. Can you do that or it is just make believe?
According to science, humans are mammals, and all mammals are either male or female. If you are a human male, your pronouns are he/him; not Zi, Xi, they/them, etc. etc.

Kfox

but you did state that if gender is based on internal perceptions there is no distinction between man vs woman. In the same way happiness and sadness are based on internal perceptions but despite that there is a distinction between them.
I said nothing about internal perceptions; I said if there is no difference between a man vs woman, the terms become meaningless.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's a common talking point created by the trans activists, but as neutral doctors and scientists look into this question more carefully they are starting to see how the data collection approaches for "regret" are usually quite flawed, and that regret is now seen as far more common than the activists would like us to believe.
Only according to you and your biased sources that ignore the whole picture.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Only according to you and your biased sources that ignore the whole picture.
Like long term studies? Like transitioners who drop out of tracking programs? What do you think of the de-trans reddit forum that has 10s of thousands of members? That kind of big picture stuff?

Let me ask you a question, what would you say if you - with your own research - started to see a lot of evidence that regret is actually high? How would you react to that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Like long term studies? Like transitioners who drop out of tracking programs? What do you think of the de-trans reddit forum that has 10s of thousands of members? That kind of big picture stuff?

Let me ask you a question, what would you say if you - with your own research - started to see a lot of evidence that regret is actually high? How would you react to that?
This has been studied for over 100 years. We have been over this.
Amd if you take Reddit as a serious representation of such a thing that is your problem. Tens of thousands seems way too high when theres about 1 - 4 million trans people in America.
What do I say of a Reddit? There's no way to to verify members are who they say they are. Some are probably real, but legit sources who have better research methodology have consistently found the rate is very low. Far lower, even, than many routine surgies that aren't really that effective or scrutinized.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
define gender
Gender includes the social, psychological, cultural and behavioral aspects of being a man, woman, or other gender identity.[1][2] Depending on the context, this may include sex-based social structures (i.e. gender roles) and gender expression.[3][4][5] Most cultures use a gender binary, in which gender is divided into two categories, and people are considered part of one or the other (girls/women and boys/men);[6][7][8] those who are outside these groups may fall under the umbrella term non-binary. A number of societies have specific genders besides "man" and "woman," such as the hijras of South Asia; these are often referred to as third genders (and fourth genders, etc.). Most scholars agree that gender is a central characteristic for social organization.[9]

Gender identity is the personal sense of one's own gender.[1] Gender identity can correlate with a person's assigned sex or can differ from it.​

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Im trying to determine the context you're coming from, because in this sort of situation I often find that whining about citations is not really in good faith...
Or is it you know that your CASS report is not going to fly since it has been shown to be faultier than a $30 bill?