• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Not all states list it.
This is all I have been able to find about that:

Removing sex designation from public birth certificates​

Aimed at protecting individual privacy and preventing discrimination, the AMA will advocate for the removal of sex as a legal designation on the public portion of the birth certificate. Under the policy, information on an individual’s sex designation at birth would still be collected and submitted through the U.S. Standard Certificate of Live Birth form for medical, public health, and statistical use only. The new policy aligns with existing AMA policy recognizing that every individual has the right to determine their gender identity and sex designation on government documents.​
“Designating sex on birth certificates as male or female, and making that information available on the public portion, perpetuates a view that sex designation is permanent and fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity. This type of categorization system also risks stifling an individual’s self-expression and self-identification and contributes to marginalization and minoritization,” said AMA Board Chair-Elect Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D.​

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I disagree. Real is that which complies with reality. Example; the tree in my front yard is real, the dragon in my garage is make-believe.

How do you see as see real? The tree has leaves I can see. That the tree is real, I can't see. And how do you see that you disagree?

You are for real simply claiming that it is so, just as some people claim there is a God. You have to give evidence for real!!!
As for the bold one that is a norm, a rule in your thinking. And it is circular as reality means: the quality or state of being real.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No more than you are, we're just having a friendly disagreement; that's all

A distinction between reality and imagination is necessary in in order to have a functioning society

Yeah, now you just have to point to necessary just like the tree. You are using first person mental rules in your mind and you deny other people the right to do so, because they have to comply with real, but you don't.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
According to science, humans are mammals, and all mammals are either male or female. If you are a human male, your pronouns are he/him; not Zi, Xi, they/them, etc. etc.

Yeah, but how do you according to science do real. Can you please link to a scientific site that explains real??? Like the tree or a mammal what does real look like? Shape, weight and other measurements. What are the physical, chemical and so on properties of real? What interational scientific measurement standard is real measured in?

The human is a mammal. The tree is real. And both are science, objective and all that, right? And you don't use subjective cognitive understanding and norms for how to be a human, right?

Now you just have to show that it according to science is real, that we can always use science for all human behaviour.

Please read all of it and learn the limit of science.

Argentbear

Examples?
a few months ago conservatives were frothing at the mouth at the idea of toy stores and stores with toy departments stop separating toys by gender roles. They are and were upset that Barbie would be displayed right next to GI Joe and that there would be no " girl" and "boy" designations from its children's Halloween costumes.
I spend my entire lifetime embracing the gender roles of my biological presentation; and I get respect all the time
you mean society reinforced gender roles for you. Nice to know.

Argentbear

Like long term studies?
What studies? Name them.
Like transitioners who drop out of tracking programs? What do you think of the de-trans reddit forum that has 10s of thousands of members? That kind of big picture stuff?

Let me ask you a question, what would you say if you - with your own research - started to see a lot of evidence that regret is actually high? How would you react to that?
Jack L. Turban, 2021 Factors Leading to “Detransition” Among Transgender and Gender Diverse People in the United States: A Mixed-Methods Analysis
85% of the over 7,000 transgender individuals interviewed indicated that their reason for detransitioning by transgendered people is pressure from family.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This is all I have been able to find about that:

Removing sex designation from public birth certificates​

Aimed at protecting individual privacy and preventing discrimination, the AMA will advocate for the removal of sex as a legal designation on the public portion of the birth certificate. Under the policy, information on an individual’s sex designation at birth would still be collected and submitted through the U.S. Standard Certificate of Live Birth form for medical, public health, and statistical use only. The new policy aligns with existing AMA policy recognizing that every individual has the right to determine their gender identity and sex designation on government documents.​
“Designating sex on birth certificates as male or female, and making that information available on the public portion, perpetuates a view that sex designation is permanent and fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity. This type of categorization system also risks stifling an individual’s self-expression and self-identification and contributes to marginalization and minoritization,” said AMA Board Chair-Elect Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D.​
I know definitely Indiana doesn't list it.

Kfox

Because unequal = sexist

If you can't see that, I'm not inclined to change your perception.
I disagree. Unequal means not equal. The fact that 95% of the people in prison are men is not sexist, the fact that 95% of the best basketball players are men is not sexist; often such unequal is based on differences between the sexes, not unfairness between the sexes.

Kfox

if the doctor does not make a declaration, then a sex is not assigned until AFTER the doctor makes a declaration.
The doctor has NO say in the matter, he is required to declare the sex he determined.
Then the doctors declaration is assigned on the the birth certificate.
No; it is listed on the birth certificate. We're saying the same thing, you're just using the wrong words
Yes.
he assigns your sex and it is documented on the birth certificate.
If the doctor assigned, he would have the option to declare a person with a penis as female.

Kfox

How do you see as see real? The tree has leaves I can see. That the tree is real, I can't see. And how do you see that you disagree?

You are for real simply claiming that it is so, just as some people claim there is a God. You have to give evidence for real!!!
As for the bold one that is a norm, a rule in your thinking. And it is circular as reality means: the quality or state of being real.
When there is a consistency between what I experience with my 5 senses and what everybody else experiences with their 5 senses, I call that real. This can't be compared to God claims.

Kfox

Yeah, now you just have to point to necessary just like the tree. You are using first person mental rules in your mind and you deny other people the right to do so, because they have to comply with real, but you don't.
I only deny others first person mental rules if they are trying to convincer me of something; and the same applies to them, they can deny me this first person rule if I am trying to convince them. The tree in my front lawn is determined real to my standards; the dragon in the garage is make believe according to my standards

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
When there is a consistency between what I experience with my 5 senses and what everybody else experiences with their 5 senses, I call that real. This can't be compared to God claims.

Well, there are more than empirical versus God claims.
There is the whole range of words that are not supernatural, but have no empirical referents, but rather have cogntive/emotional referents.
E.g. you use such words yourself. Compare is such a word or to call.

That you call it real, is not empirical and is not science. It is no different than gender as it is in your mind as it makes sense to you.
That is your double standard. You do what you won't allow others to do. What is your reason for that?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I only deny others first person mental rules if they are trying to convincer me of something; and the same applies to them, they can deny me this first person rule if I am trying to convince them. The tree in my front lawn is determined real to my standards; the dragon in the garage is make believe according to my standards

But you have no evidence for real. So I won't accept that and don't respect you as it is in your mind. Use words that are backed up by science as you demand of others, or explain how you are speical using science.

Science is not individual, so you are doing a double standard of individual when it suits you and denying it to others.