• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Freaking awesome game! 89hrs in and I am still doing side quests.

Male Elf Mage, destroying **** with all sorts of DPS! Rift Mage FTW.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Just started playing Haven & Hearth with a friend. Got killed by a bear last night XD

Anyone else play?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Never heard of that, but sounds intriguing.

What is that?
It's a sort of crafting MMORPG: Haven & Hearth — About

Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the ****.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

At least, those are our lofty ambitions.

It has perma-death, but you can inherit skill points and such from your previous player.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It's a sort of crafting MMORPG: Haven & Hearth — About

It has perma-death, but you can inherit skill points and such from your previous player.

Wow. That's actually very interesting. One of my biggest problems with MMOs in general is the fact that the player rarely has any real effect on the world (unless the bulk of the game is in instances, ala Guild Wars).

I might give that one a try.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Wow. That's actually very interesting. One of my biggest problems with MMOs in general is the fact that the player rarely has any real effect on the world (unless the bulk of the game is in instances, ala Guild Wars).

I might give that one a try.
If you want to play with me, I can message you the "hearth secret" which will spawn you near where I am. Im just beginning outside the town my friend found and became a part of.

This is the kind of game that takes time. There are certain procedures in game which take real-world time to complete. For instance, drying a hide from an animal you skinned takes like eight real-world hours. So you just play it here and there throughout the day and progress is gradual.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
If you want to play with me, I can message you the "hearth secret" which will spawn you near where I am. Im just beginning outside the town my friend found and became a part of.

This is the kind of game that takes time. There are certain procedures in game which take real-world time to complete. For instance, drying a hide from an animal you skinned takes like eight real-world hours. So you just play it here and there throughout the day and progress is gradual.

...huh... So there's an element of what's being called "Idle Game" in there, as well... not necessarily a bad thing, but does send up a few "caution" flags, as I understand a lot of Facebook and so-called "free-to-play" games do that sort of thing as a way to entice players into spending more money.

Thanks for the offer, and I may just take you up on it. Don't know if I'll be signing up today, but perhaps tomorrow or Saturday.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
so I see these threads everywhere, What are you drinking, what are you listening to so I figured hey there should be one for this subforum!

What games are you currently playing?

For me,

PC:
Mafia II
Borderlands 2

PS3:
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Nier
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
Child of Eden

I don't want to start too many games and never finish anything (have had this problem before).

Back to the OP - I'm playing turn-based Go.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Lovely video by the way. Very meditative, indeed.

...there should be a game that allows us to experience life as a Native American. Not in the stereotypical sense that Hollywood keeps giving us, but in a real sense. Accurate. Whether pre-European invasion or life on a reservation, I don't know.

But something. Most importantly, something right.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It's really interesting to me that video games are so predominant in this thread...

I play Go and chess sometimes. Nobody has mentioned Settlers of Catan, or Scrabble or Bridge or backgammon... all quite engrossing and challenging. (Someone mentioned pool - hooray! How about darts or ping-pong?)

I wonder why?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It's really interesting to me that video games are so predominant in this thread...

I play Go and chess sometimes. Nobody has mentioned Settlers of Catan, or Scrabble or Bridge or backgammon... all quite engrossing and challenging. (Someone mentioned pool - hooray! How about darts or ping-pong?)

I wonder why?

I'll be honest, It did slip my mind that "playing" in this thread can be done with not just video games :)

Technology is so intoxicating.