• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Today, for the first time ever, I have eaten menudo. I will never do that again...

The soup menudo is a traditional Mexican dish; a frequently spicy soup made with tripe. It is often thought of as a cure for a hangover since it tends to instigate sweating, causing the body to release toxins. Is traditionally served on special occasions or with family. Usually, lime, chopped onions, and chopped cilantro are added and some also add crushed oregano and extra crushed red chili peppers for a spicier taste.
Menudo is eaten with corn tortillas. The tortillas are placed on the hand flat and rolled with the other from the tip of the fingers to the back of the palm (or vice versa) and held with the hand not using the spoon. The rolled tortilla can be dipped in the menudo and a bite taken or bites taken as the menudo is consumed.
Menudo is time intensive, taking some seven hours to make. The meat should be rinsed clean first. Menudo usually has tripe, honeycomb and "librillo" stomach beef meat along with the beef feet and tendons. The feet and tendons are boiled first at low to medium heat for about three hours. Skimming off the top layer of floating foam about every 15 minutes for the first hour helps the flavor. After the first three hours, the stomach meat should be added along with salt, an onion cut in half, and one or two heads of garlic. A very important part of the menudo is the chili paste that is added at this time as well. The menudo is allowed to continue boiling for an additional three hours while covered to avoid evaporation. Once it is almost done, add the hominy.
Menudo is said to taste even better after re-heating since the flavor will have concentrated more.
The popularity of menudo in Mexico is such that Mexico is a major export market for stomach tripe from US and Canadian beef producers. Large frozen blocks of imported menudo meat can frequently be seen in Mexican meat markets.
Menudo (from Latin minūtus) can mean "small, thin, worthless, vulgar, (money) change, tripe, and tithe from small orchards."[1] It is unknown if the soup came to be known as menudo since it was made up of tripe or if any of the other meanings, which are many, have something to do with it.
The word "menudo" in Mexico can mean the raw stomach meat as well as the stew. The word tripas (tripe) normally refers to the small intestines rather than the stomach. Tripas are also eaten but normally in tacos rather than stews.

Smoke

Done here.
A pomegranate. One pomegranate doesn't look like so much, but it's a lot. I think I'll have some left for later.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Almost done with a footlong meatball on wheat with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, black and green olives, parmesan, oregano, and light mayo. (I added the green olives myself from the jar I talked about picking at above.)

Too fast.

I ate too fast.

It was good (very tasty).

Pour vous :)

rid255_img0.jpg