• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

godnotgod

Thou art That
I still feel that you are not distinguishing between the ego 'i' from the Seer "I".

And then if you are teaching about the falsity of "I" altogether then who is teaching? And who has any power to remove any delusion?

Where do you see an agent of teaching or delusion removal called 'the Seer'? Is that not just one more construct of the ego?

That which sees is pure; devoid of Identification. It is empty. That which seeks the Seer is what is causing you to seek.

silkroads_enso.jpg

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
Where do you see an agent of teaching or delusion removal called 'the Seer'? Is that not just one more construct of the ego?

There is a reality wherefrom the ego has to rise.

That which sees is pure; devoid of Identification. It is empty. That which seeks the Seer is what is causing you to seek.

Agreed that it is pure. But I say it is full. 'Empty' does not apply to the unborn.

godnotgod

Thou art That
[/color]

There is a reality wherefrom the ego has to rise.

Agreed that it is pure. But I say it is full. 'Empty' does not apply to the unborn.

To say that the Source is as empty as the manifestation does not mean the Source does not exist.

Nirvana and Samsara are One.

wave is the form and water the emptiness.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Reality will go on....with or without me.

It is separate.

But Reality says otherwise. When your current form and manifestation ceases to be, everything you are composed of will still be part of Reality. The only thing that will not go on will be your illusory self, because it never existed in the first place. Who you are (or think you are) only came about because of your social indoctrination, ie, your identity. Your image of yourself is merely a collection of imagery and experiences you hold in memory.

However, my question has to do with your current manifestation. Show me any aspect of yourself that is separate from the universe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you believe in the Big Bang?

Do you think it was a superior being who created the Big Bang?

Do you think the multiverse theory is a good explanation?

Was it something else?

Going wayyyyy back to the op. I determined the big bang was preceded by a lit match.

atanu

Premium Member
To say that the Source is as empty as the manifestation does not mean the Source does not exist.

Nirvana and Samsara are One.

wave is the form and water the emptiness.

You are confused between Buddhist and Hindu terminology.

In Buddhist terminology (english translations) consciousness is a created thing.

In Hindu terminology (english or sanskrit), Consciousness is the root and it itself is The Being.

Sunyata (or whatever) will never be known or will never be taught, if Consciousness was not unborn.

The unborn will never be known or will never be taught, if the nature of unborn was not of knowledge.

Aman777

Bible Believer
Could you repeat that in a statement that makes sense in context to what I stated.

We cannot know what happened before the BB at this point in time.

Dear outhouse, False. The BB was on the 3rd Day which begins in Gen 1:9. Everything before that is the History of the true beginning of the Creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven, and the FIRST two Days or Ages of it's Creation, which is totally complete at the end of the present 6th Creative Day. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But Reality says otherwise. When your current form and manifestation ceases to be, everything you are composed of will still be part of Reality. The only thing that will not go on will be your illusory self, because it never existed in the first place. Who you are (or think you are) only came about because of your social indoctrination, ie, your identity. Your image of yourself is merely a collection of imagery and experiences you hold in memory.

However, my question has to do with your current manifestation. Show me any aspect of yourself that is separate from the universe.

And of course your constant denial won't hold.

Billions of people and no one survives the last breath?
Every soul destined to fail?

You simply won't believe.....in Something Greater.

Too bad.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And of course your constant denial won't hold.

Billions of people and no one survives the last breath?
Every soul destined to fail?

You simply won't believe.....in Something Greater.

Too bad.

That we do no live after our last breath is no more remarkable than that we did not live before our conception. It is not a failure, it is just reality.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Could you repeat that in a statement that makes sense in context to what I stated.

We cannot know what happened before the BB at this point in time.

By its own conceptual framework, science cannot ask such a question, since space-time, according to science, was initiated at the moment of inception of the BB. So there cannot have been a 'before', simply because time did not yet exist. The question is the wrong question. To try to answer the question as stated, one must operate within the paradigm of the rational, conceptual mind, which thinks in terms of linear time and space. In doing so, one arrives at the conclusion you have arrived at, which is that we simply cannot know, and you are correct, within that framework. But there exists a different kind of knowledge which can know the nature of the BB and of the universe, and that knowledge is that of the mystic.

godnotgod

Thou art That
You are confused between Buddhist and Hindu terminology.

In Buddhist terminology (english translations) consciousness is a created thing.

In Hindu terminology (english or sanskrit), Consciousness is the root and it itself is The Being.

Sunyata (or whatever) will never be known or will never be taught, if Consciousness was not unborn.

The unborn will never be known or will never be taught, if the nature of unborn was not of knowledge.

Let's return to the issue, which is whether the nature of the Seer is Sunyata. You say the Seer is full. Full of what?

atanu

Premium Member
Let's return to the issue, which is whether the nature of the Seer is Sunyata. You say the Seer is full. Full of what?

I had already said that. Seer-Seeing-Seen together is non dual and is of the nature of existence-consciousness-bliss.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I'm amazed at the concept of Bunyip's conjecture. It's so simple in his meaning.
How does the concept of "before conception" not trigger the realization in one's thinking of what they were before the insemination from parents was performed.
Is that too hard to percieve ? Life is temporary, an awfully short span in the breath of the Cosmos. "After death", is just a continuence of the chemicals that we are. From dust to dust, even the belgium preist had that right, although he had the beginning wrong.
~
We seem to be trapped in some sort of "BOX" here, meaning; "belief in the Big Bang". It's time to get out of that box.
Now....the question is:"what came before the silly idealization of some sudden inflation of nothing to everything, sans:"genisis".
There was no Adam or Eve or whatever they were called....what were they called in the OT, in the original greek, or latin, or whatever.
The Big Bang is just a thiestic interpredation of the creation in a silly old man's mind, no more, no less, but it could be a whole less.
~
Think about it.....explain the pre-bang void...really, really explain what a "void" is, and now...."gravity"...in the "void".
~
Come on people......get out of the box !!!
With or without consciousness or gnosis !
~
'mud