• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm amazed at the concept of Bunyip's conjecture. It's so simple in his meaning.
How does the concept of "before conception" not trigger the realization in one's thinking of what they were before the insemination from parents was performed.
Is that too hard to percieve ? Life is temporary, an awfully short span in the breath of the Cosmos. "After death", is just a continuence of the chemicals that we are. From dust to dust, even the belgium preist had that right, although he had the beginning wrong.
~
We seem to be trapped in some sort of "BOX" here, meaning; "belief in the Big Bang". It's time to get out of that box.
Now....the question is:"what came before the silly idealization of some sudden inflation of nothing to everything, sans:"genisis".
There was no Adam or Eve or whatever they were called....what were they called in the OT, in the original greek, or latin, or whatever.
The Big Bang is just a thiestic interpredation of the creation in a silly old man's mind, no more, no less, but it could be a whole less.
~
Think about it.....explain the pre-bang void...really, really explain what a "void" is, and now...."gravity"...in the "void".
~
Come on people......get out of the box !!!
With or without consciousness or gnosis !
~
'mud

I say .....avoid going INTO the box!

When your last breath leaves you....leave altogether.
It's a big universe.

Gotta be somewhere to go....something else to do.

godnotgod

Thou art That
And of course your constant denial won't hold.

Billions of people and no one survives the last breath?
Every soul destined to fail?

You simply won't believe.....in Something Greater.

Too bad.

I neither believe, nor not-believe. I just see.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I'm amazed at the concept of Bunyip's conjecture. It's so simple in his meaning.
How does the concept of "before conception" not trigger the realization in one's thinking of what they were before the insemination from parents was performed.
Is that too hard to percieve ? Life is temporary, an awfully short span in the breath of the Cosmos. "After death", is just a continuence of the chemicals that we are. From dust to dust, even the belgium preist had that right, although he had the beginning wrong.
~
We seem to be trapped in some sort of "BOX" here, meaning; "belief in the Big Bang". It's time to get out of that box.
Now....the question is:"what came before the silly idealization of some sudden inflation of nothing to everything, sans:"genisis".
There was no Adam or Eve or whatever they were called....what were they called in the OT, in the original greek, or latin, or whatever.
The Big Bang is just a thiestic interpredation of the creation in a silly old man's mind, no more, no less, but it could be a whole less.
~
Think about it.....explain the pre-bang void...really, really explain what a "void" is, and now...."gravity"...in the "void".
~
Come on people......get out of the box !!!
With or without consciousness or gnosis !
~
'mud

Escape from The Box will occur when it is realized that there is no box to escape from.

void: the negation of all negation.

Yes, I agree with you re: Bunyip's insightful post.

atanu

Premium Member
OK, but still empty.

OK. If that makes you happy.

But who will experience and re-tell, if so-called Sunyata is not actually existence-consciousness-bliss? Who will want to attain Sunyata, if it is not devoid of death, if it is not devoid of oblivion, and if it is not devoid of pain?

So, the unborn (Atma-Brahman-Prabhu-God) is called Full. It is dense. It is partition less and boundary-less.

godnotgod

Thou art That
OK. If that makes you happy.

But who will experience and re-tell, if so-called Sunyata is not actually existence-consciousness-bliss? Who will want to attain Sunyata, if it is not devoid of death, if it is not devoid of oblivion, and if it is not devoid of pain?

So, the unborn (Atma-Brahman-Prabhu-God) is called Full. It is dense. It is partition less and boundary-less.

Heh...heh...We are both 'correct'. Fullness cannot exist without Emptiness.

Is there an experiencer? A 'reteller'? An attainer?

Or is there simply experiencing, without an experiencer of the experience? Is there not only an experiencer when you think about it? Otherwise, when you unexpectedly burn your finger on a hot stove , immediately there is only 'Ouch!'. Then, immediately afterward, one thinks: ' I burned my finger!', as if one is the burner of the burned finger. No such burner is to be found. No such experiencer of Sunyata can be found.

Have you seen him?

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
H.... ... No such experiencer of Sunyata can be found.

Have you seen him?

I have repeated many times: The experiencing cannot be devoid of the experiencer in its fullness. The experiencing cannot be in a state of unconsciousness too.

I will not repeat it any further.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Escape from The Box will occur when it is realized that there is no box to escape from.

void: the negation of all negation.

Yes, I agree with you re: Bunyip's insightful post.

Odd that "belief" is sooo simple, yet sooo complex.

Calling BS what it is simplifies matters greatly....

"The box is invisible, yet seen by all that choose to see".

"See"?

"The box is a box, except when it's not a box".

Geez.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I have repeated many times: The experiencing cannot be devoid of the experiencer in its fullness. The experiencing cannot be in a state of unconsciousness too.

Thus Spraketh Lord Atanu! :D

I will not repeat it any further.
You promise?

Show me this so-called 'experiencer' of which you speak.

That which sees that all phenomena are empty is fully conscious, but there is no agent of seeing. There is only pure seeing itself. Seeing is consciousness.

That you see some 'agent' of seeing only occurs when the mind creates such an image. It is an illusion. It is duality.

edit:

Through such [enlightened] awareness it is seen that the separation of the thinker from the thought, the knower from the known, the subject from the object, is purely abstract. There is not the mind on the one hand and its experiences on the other: there is just a process of experiencing in which there is nothing to be grasped, as an object, and no one, as a subject, to grasp it.

[The Way of Zen, Thames and Hudson, London, 1957, p 53]

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
and herein the chase around the burning bush.

You have no stance to take...you just offer word salad.

shallow

Why should I take a stance either for or against when to do so is to create defense, which creates offense? I follow the Middle Path of the Buddha, and avoid extreme positions. The Buddha himself saw that two extreme views persisted in his time, namely, that of the Materialists vs the Eternalists, the former asserting that when the body dies, that is the final end, and the latter that an individual soul goes on into an afterlife. Neither position can be confirmed, unless you can return to tell the tale. So the Buddha found another path, that of Awakening, in which he saw the illusory nature of both birth and death, and the eternal nature of the awakened state.

I never stated that there was not Something Greater; but it is not the same image of a 'Something Greater' you hold merely as shallow belief.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Odd that "belief" is sooo simple, yet sooo complex.

Calling BS what it is simplifies matters greatly....

"The box is invisible, yet seen by all that choose to see".

"See"?

"The box is a box, except when it's not a box".

Geez.

There never was a box from the very beginning.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
*Facepalm*

lol!

It's a good thing I don't really exist...

...or if I do, my apologies.