• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
and after all these posts........
God did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK.....what the hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~
'mud

John Martin

God did not start big bang. Big bang initiates a process, an evolution, time, becoming, good and evil, suffering etc. God's nature is fullness and fullness does not become or evolve but unfolds.
The big bang is stated by the soul. This soul is the child of the reflection of the divine ray in the primordial matter. (Creation is like the radiance of the divine. Its nature is fullness as God's nature is fullness). It is the combination of spiritual and material. Its natural tendency is to return to God. Just like a ray of the Sun wants to go back to the Sun. This is vertical and internal. But this soul in the initial stage is in ignorance. So it projects its object God outside in time and space and want to reach it.( I want to become like God) It is this desire for God which propels the big bang-and the evolutionary process. The purpose of this evolution is to create a body and mind which can become conscious of the divine spark and finally realize its oneness with God. It is like the parable of the prodigal son,who comes away from the Father and returns to the Father. The evolutionary process is not a blind movement based on chance. It is the work of an inherent intelligence. It is oriented towards a clear destiny. The ultimate goal or destiny of evolution is to be united with God. The immediate goal is to prepare a body and mind as a vehicle to bring us back to God. There are two types of evolutions. One is the first stage of unconscious evolution until self consciousness appears. The second level is the psychological or religious evolution that seeks the meaning and the purpose of our life in this world, who we are,who God is and what is our relationship with others and creatures. All the sacred scriptures,religions, philosophies belong to this level. This level will prepare for spiritual awakening which takes us beyond these two evolutions and brings us back to original state of eternity and oneness with God. In Christianity Christ completed this process. Jesus said,'No one has ascended into heaven except the Son of Man who descended from heaven.

Last edited:

John Martin

I don't think so.

The one is exclusive; the other universal.

I am sorry it is not exclusive. Only our interpretation is exclusive. The Son of Man is not one individual excluding others. The Son of Man is every human being.Every human being is descended from God and every human being has the possibility to ascend to God. Jesus Christ shows what is a possibility for every human being.

Dhyana

There was no "before the Big Bang."

We can't even say "nothing came before," because there was no "before."

Yes. Time, space, causality commenced with Big Bang, so not only no " before", but no "thing". Thing presupposes a space and time within which to be. Therefore no"thing" to cause a Bang, and no "thing" to Bang. This logical conundrum is why there is mysticism which gives rise to religion, and not only science. First cause a barrier to reason:

"Causality can only explain later events by earlier events, but it can never explain the beginning."

-Werner Heisenberg, Physics and Philosophy

godnotgod

Thou art That
Yes. Time, space, causality commenced with Big Bang, so not only no " before", but no "thing". Thing presupposes a space and time within which to be. Therefore no"thing" to cause a Bang, and no "thing" to Bang. This logical conundrum is why there is mysticism which gives rise to religion, and not only science. First cause a barrier to reason:

"Causality can only explain later events by earlier events, but it can never explain the beginning."

-Werner Heisenberg, Physics and Philosophy

A causeless universe is consistent with the mystical view.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I am sorry it is not exclusive. Only our interpretation is exclusive. The Son of Man is not one individual excluding others. The Son of Man is every human being.Every human being is descended from God and every human being has the possibility to ascend to God. Jesus Christ shows what is a possibility for every human being.

I guess I misunderstood when you said:

In Christianity Christ completed this process. Jesus said,'No one [else] has ascended into heaven except the Son of Man who descended from heaven.

Having said that, the common orthodox Christian belief is that Jesus is exclusive. The universal view is expressed in mysticism, where all beings are sentient and capable of realizing divine union.

Is 'ascension' for you literal, or symbolic? Yeshu said that the kingdom of God is within, so that suggests an internal transformation, rather than an 'ascension'.

John Martin

I guess I misunderstood when you said:

Having said that, the common orthodox Christian belief is that Jesus is exclusive. The universal view is expressed in mysticism, where all beings are sentient and capable of realizing divine union.

Is 'ascension' for you literal, or symbolic? Yeshu said that the kingdom of God is within, so that suggests an internal transformation, rather than an 'ascension'.

Yes, ascension is not external but internal. It is inner transformation of merging into the divine(Heaven). It is symbolic or metaphorical.

John Martin

Now please answer one question:

Is the divine essence already present within?

Creation is the radiance of the divine. This radiance has three important layers: moon layer,cloud layer and earth layer. They are the same but differ in the density of vibration. These three layers are like mirrors and divine essence reflects in them
The moon layer is like a pure mirror where the divine reflection is very clear. Here a person says I am in God and God is in me.
The cloud layers is like a clouded mirror where the divine reflection is not very clear. It is like seeing the Sun through clouds.
The earth layer is like a mirror completed coated. The divine reflection is there but it cannot be seen. One may think God does not even exists.

Yes, the divine reflection( I prefer the word 'reflection' to essence) is present in us. We are in God and God is in us. Ultimately we and God are one.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Yes, the divine reflection( I prefer the word 'reflection' to essence) is present in us. We are in God and God is in us. Ultimately we and God are one.

What I am really asking is: are we already one with God, only that we fail to realize that fact? IOW, there is nothing to 'merge' with or 'ascend' to, nor achieve. Divine union is already the case. Any effort to get with God only takes us further away, the assumption being that we are somehow separated and must reintegrate with God.