• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Yes the Jewish tradition says to be a Jew your mother must be a Jew and Mary was indeed a female Jew of the Naassene, so Jesus can be classified as a Jew.. But being of mixed blood, God his father who was not a Jew, does not mean Jesus looked like a Jew. Way back when the population increased the "sons of God" took woman of earth and had off-springs.

I did read somewhere that in the Bronze Age they already had artificial insemnation.
Why wouldn't he have looked like a Jew? The only human DNA, according to your logic, would have been the Jewish Mary. So, all evidence would point to him looking Jewish, right?

Theunis

I doubt that.

He learned most everything from John, and only taught Johns teaching for 1-3 years before being murdered at Passover.

He had no part of any aspect of NT text or teaching.

Hmm The Hindu claims he was one of theirs. Apparently in the "lost years" he received training in India, Persia and Egypt. John acknowledged him as far above him. As a child, long before he met John, he was already teaching in the Synagogue and people were amazed by his knowledge and wisdom.

Actually he was not murdered for he went willingly to his death as the lamb to be sacrificed for his people. He did say that everything that was written about him had been fulfilled.

He indeed had no part in the warping and twisting of his original teachings which was to adapt the new religion to the pagan way of life.
His original Jewish followers and their churches we persecuted and decimated to short of complete extinction. See the Gnostic Essenes and the Church of the Nazarene which is now slowly re-emerging.

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually he was not murdered

Apologetic rhetoric

Hmm The Hindu claims he was one of theirs.

Factually not credible

Apparently in the "lost years" he received training in India

Factually Not credible.

John acknowledged him as far above him.

No he did not. John wrote nothing. Only later authors far removed from jesus life wrote about him

Not one eyewitness ever wrote a word

As a child, long before he met John, he was already teaching in the Synagogue and people were amazed by his knowledge and wisdom.

Factually has no credibility

You need to study on this topic or take a class, your lost here

outhouse

Atheistically
Jesus probably looked like any other typical Jewish Aramaic Galilean from this period. Short, mal nutrition, sun burnt skin, black hair.

beyond that is only poor guessing

Theunis

Are you just making this stuff up as you go ?

unsubstantiated rhetoric with no credibility at all.

many people were called son of god during this period fully human, with biological fathers.

your mythology remains such
Can you give me some proof regarding your statement that many people were called son of god during this pertiod. Is this also not merely an unsubstantiated piece of rhetoric?

Well now if the sons of god could make earth woman pregnant who says the God of Abraham being their father could not do the same?

What is mythology but something that could have existed but because of the vast passage of time cannot at this stage be proven to be false or not.

Can you prove to me who was your great-great-great-great-great grandfather? Can you lay his bones before me and with modern day DNA tests prove your family connection?
Unless there were exceptional circumstances to preserve his skeleton you are doomed to failure because his bones would have turned to dust in approximately 25 years. Although with all the preservatives in the food we now eat this time period appears to have been extended.

Last edited:

Theunis

[
Apologetic rhetoric

Factually not credible

Factually Not credible.

No he did not. John wrote nothing. Only later authors far removed from jesus life wrote about him

Not one eyewitness ever wrote a word

Factually has no credibility

You need to study on this topic or take a class, your lost here
I apologize for no-one I merely stated what was written about this specific case.

So his disciples who wrote about him were far removed and were not eyewitnesses? How quaint!
I said John acknowledged him I did not say he wrote anything.

You harp on credibility but in the same breath give unsubstantiated rhetoric based on your opinions.

No you loose for you are exhibiting a closed mind. Remember I have no religious nor non-religious affiliations. I study all things and do not discard them based on whims or dislikes or things based on my way of life.

"Factually no credibility" - This indicates you know the facts so how about sending them my way in order that I may enrich my life..

Last edited:

Theunis

Why wouldn't he have looked like a Jew ? The only human DNA, according to your logic, would have been the Jewish Mary. So, all evidence would point to him looking Jewish, right?
No for the god of Abraham is said to have made man in his image. Actually his team did it for it is written let us make...etc
His sons made earth woman pregnant so why couldn't he do the same?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
[
I apologize for no-one I merely stated what was written about this specific case.

So his disciples who wrote about him were far removed and were not eyewitnesses? How quaint!
I said John acknowledged him I did not say he wrote anything.

You harp on credibility but in the same breath give unsubstantiated rhetoric based on your opinions.

No you loose for you are exhibiting a closed mind. Remember I have no religious nor non-religious affiliations. I study all things and do not discard them based on whims or dislikes or things based on my way of life.

"Factually no credibility" - This indicates you know the facts so how about sending them my way in order that I may enrich my life..
None of the Gospels were written by Jesus' disciples. They were not written by the men for which they were named. And, Luke/Paul never met Jesus, so they weren't eye-witnesses either.

Theunis

None of the Gospels were written by Jesus' disciples. They were not written by the men for which they were named. And, Luke/Paul never met Jesus, so they weren't eye-witnesses either.
I guess you will have to do some studying to get yourself up to speed.

Theunis

So how about sending your facts, as requested in my last paragraph my way.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So Christ looks like a half-digested KFC fillet burger?
Yes if that is how you see him, its not how Christ looks, its how we are connected through the Christ, to make an image of how we believe he looks is to make an idol of worship out of him, and this is how most have known the Christ, this in fact is the antichrist, it is putting the image before your true Self the Christ.