• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Perhaps this link may help.
http://www.thenazareneway.com/likeness_of_our_saviour.htm

Remember that Jesus was said to be the son of God. God is not a Jew so why should Jesus look like a Jew..
Mary is also described as having reddish brown hair and of the Naassene. The Naassene was the northern branch of the Essene. Jesus the Naassene, not the Nazarine, is most likely correct since Nazareth never existed and as such it will never be found.

The Gnostic school of the Essene/Naassene dates back to Enoch who created this school to preserve ancient wisdom and technology. From his description he was apparently an albino, but who after this passage of time is not permitted to think that maybe he was from Atlantis. The Atlanteans were described as tall, fair skinned people with blond hair and blue eyes.

In the Sanskrit writings there is a reference to Atlantis, its people and where is was situated.
Are you going to tell us about the Nordic Hyperboreans next? :rolleyes:

Theunis

None of the Gospels were written by Jesus' disciples. They were not written by the men for which they were named. And, Luke/Paul never met Jesus, so they weren't eye-witnesses either.
This may be factual but Muhammed also did not write anything found in the Koran. He did the dictation and his scribes did the writing.
Most of Jesus's disciples were fishermen and it is doubtfull that they could read or write
Saul of Tarsus - later renamed Paul - was blinded by a light from the sky and asked why is he persecuting "his" people. As he had a direct communication does this count as a meeting ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Please update your knowledge. The Essene are now known as Gnostics.
No, they're not. They were just a Messianic sect of Judaism that practiced asceticism and communal living, among other things. They did not share the worldview of Gnosticism. For one, you can't really be a Gnostic and worship the Hebrew deity. That's the major glaring sign that they weren't Gnostics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Theunis

No, they're not. They were just a Messianic sect of Judaism that practiced asceticism and communal living, among other things. They did not share the worldview of Gnosticism. For one, you can't really be a Gnostic and worship the Hebrew deity. That's the major glaring sign that they weren't Gnostics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
I found the following link to be a very interesting read. (even if it comes from the wikipedia)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I know that Christ wasn't black, white, red or whatever colour you can thing of, he wasn't good looking, bad looking, he was none of these, he is totally unimaginable, he was nothing that you or I could ever imagine, he was our Self, our true Self, that being the pure Source, or Consciousness, this pure Consciousness, has no identity, it is all there IS, how can you put an image to that ?.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I am not on the fringe of anything although my ancestors date back to the Vikings, my way of life is not theirs.
I have Germanic and Celtic ancestry, too, but I'm not white and I don't follow their religions. It just throws up a red flag when people start going on about Nordic Atlanteans or whatever. You generally see that sort of talk coming from conspiracy theorists and Nazi occultists.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No, No; an evolved ape not a monkey. Have a look at Genesis 1:26.
Ha, good one, but lets face it, its bloody ridiculers that we want to know how he looked, who the bloody hell cares how he looked, that is if he was a real person which I don't believe, but its all a big circus I suppose ?.

Theunis

Ha, good one, but lets face it, its bloody ridiculers that we want to know how he looked, who the bloody hell cares how he looked, that is if he was a real person which I don't believe, but its all a big circus I suppose ?.
I agree it matters not what he looked like, what matters is his teachings. I am of the opinion that he was in fact a real person.
Yes indeed a circus, his supporters and detractors, really painted some circus like faces onto him.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I agree it matters not what he looked like, what matters is his teachings. I am of the opinion that he was in fact a real person.
Yes indeed a circus, his supporters and detractors, really painted some circus like faces onto him.
Yes behind the circus there was something that's for sure, but a real Jesus I cannot believe in, the story of Jesus was a story that has been around for many years, it was the story of many religions, that was pasted into the Christian belief, and because of this the Christians took hold of it and called it their own, and refused all other concepts of religion.

Theunis

Yes behind the circus there was something that's for sure, but a real Jesus I cannot believe in, the story of Jesus was a story that has been around for many years, it was the story of many religions, that was pasted into the Christian belief, and because of this the Christians took hold of it and called it their own, and refused all other concepts of religion.
I think the problem arose when the RCC promulgated, God the father, got the holy ghost and god the son were one. They claimed Jesus was God ignoring the various statement by him that he was not God. My stance is he never was and never will be God, and I can thus recognize him as a man who was humble and preached love and forgiveness. From my field I see it that even forgiving yourself and all perceived wrongs done to you, is a release and the opening of a door to a new life.
The forget in - Forgive and forget - is a no no for if you forget then you will never learn what to avoid and thus let history walk its eternal repetitious circle.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Trying to sidestep your claim are you? Oh I see you do not have the facts if you did there would have been an immediate response with them when I asked.
I already did provide evidence before you wrote this comment. Not side-stepping. But, it is utterly disrespectful and ignorant to assume that I can read and much less reply to a comment right away. I am at work. I reply when I can. Get real!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Hmm quite a read. My feet are and always has been anchored in reality. It is no fault of mine that I was born to see with both my mind and my eyes.
So, you just ignore evidence that contradicts your beliefs. That is called a "confirmation bias".

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Saul of Tarsus - later renamed Paul - was blinded by a light from the sky and asked why is he persecuting "his" people. As he had a direct communication does this count as a meeting ?
IMHO, Paul's claim of a "vision" wreaks of being fraudulent. Maybe he had a personal awakening. Maybe he had a epileptic fit. Maybe he actually did meet the spirit of Jesus. One thing is for sure, extraordinary claims like this require extraordinary evidence. And, Paul provided absolutely none ... so I have to stay skeptical of his claims.