• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you associate with the word "Pagan" ?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Do we really need to pull out John 3:16?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

I am not sure what you plan to say with it.

"Love each other how I loved you "

That´s all you have to do to be a Christian.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Correction, by what you think your God defines as evil.

You would not be open to know your God´s opinion on anything of today though. You are too bussy reading a document written 2000 years ago to hear anything God has to tell you today. If God tried to told you things have changed, you would be unable to hear him.

Welcome back to the conversation. i addressed this in post 61. If you feel it doesn't address this, tell me why

Me Myself

Back to my username
Again, tell me why it's not applicable. That means you have to put more than 2 seconds worth of thought into crafting a repsonse

I am telling you that you do not trust God, you trust a book.

If you can tell me on which way post 61 has anything to do with that, I am all eyes (to read :D )

horizon

Again, tell me why it's not applicable. That means you have to put more than 2 seconds worth of thought into crafting a repsonse

They’re asking how you know what your God opinion is, and all you’ve said before is that you don’t hold value in things that don’t have a demonstrative practical change in how someone's life is lived, so the question is what was your “real” experience that you are gauging all of the pagans against.

Me Myself

Back to my username
translation: I want to talk but not listen.

alternate translation: I don't want to think or I'm not capable of it

Correction translation: you dont make any sense. If you cannot make sense for yourself, then obviously no one is going to understand your point.

Seems you are evading the question. How do you know that book is a correct interpretation of what your God wants?

And again I ask, how did you came to believe in your God? wasn´t because of some "high" ?

Me Myself

Back to my username
So, King of the jungle´s morality comes from God because it was well thought by people he does not know 2000 years ago.

Sure, that makes sense.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Actually that is one of the things I associate more with Pagan.

It is a more direct relationship with God. There are no intermediate texts that were given to someone else. Or sure, they can be, but the true guidance comes personally.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Back to what originally started this conversation. Everything response from the self described pagans in this thread only confirms my claim that this is simply glorified agnosticism.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Here's the thing, when you come in with this judgemental attitude stating that Pagans are this way and that way and don't experience this or that do you really expect any to come forward and start opening themselves and their experiences up to you? Why would we do that when it's pretty darn clear that not only would you not believe or take us seriously, but you would just try to undermine anything we told you? Why should we subject ourselves to you and to that treatment? For what possible purpose?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Back to what originally started this conversation. Everything response from the self described pagans in this thread only confirms my claim that this is simply glorified agnosticism.
Right. Thought and ethics are incompatible with your concept of faith. I'll pass, thanks.

Fortunately, you fool nobody but yourself.

And you still haven't answered my question. Who wants to bet the answer is 0?