• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Christianity

Depends on what your definition of Christianity is.

Again ,not everyone who claims christian status are true Christians after the doctrine Jesus taught and the steps he walked.
86% of North America claim the christian status and that includes those who call themselves ,......../ christian.
I have'nt quite figured out what that means when someone puts something like wicca /christian as their title

How hard it it to be true Christian. How can I earn this title?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
What do you feel is wrong with Christianity
Mostly, Christians!

1) They are all hypocrites, just like me. They strive for perfection and fail all the time.

2) Their faith is limited, just like mine. Jesus said if we had the faith the size of a mustard seed (eensie weensy) that we could move mountains. OK, it's on my "To Do" list! :D

3) Their understanding of the Scriptures is faulty, just like mine! We make things overly complicated and refuse to just learn to love everyone.

4) They don't love enough, just like me! We all seem to lack enough patience and understanding to really be able to give of ourselves.

I could go on because Christians have more faults than just about anyone else. You just have to love the fact that someone died to make it all right. As much as there is bad about Christianity, Jesus' one act of selflessness has made up for all of it.

gnomon

Is the question what are the faults with Christianity are what are the faults with Christians?

For the former, other than the fact I don't believe in it I don't hold much fault with it. For the latter, they share no more faults than the rest of the human species.

kai

ragamuffin
This should be an equal oppurtunity forum. S.Z.(Muslim) who bowed out on 12-07 stated a thread What do you feel is wrong with Islam. I think it was a good point /counter thread. Einstein and Mfaraz Hayat among others really keep the thread going. Hopefully this will give the Christians a chance to answer some "misconceptions" about Christianity.
Anyone care to start?

too many bibles with differant books in them

i feel it has strayed to far from the religion of jesus into a religion about jesus and in some cases jesus is god

i fail to understand the trinity

there is nothing new in it its all pliagarised from other faiths

the violence and torture commited by christians in the past,

the obnoxiuos evangelical pay for prayer types have really put me off

the idea of a heaven where we all become gods stepford wives and no longer feel the need to be with our loved ones

the concept of worship me or spend an eternity in hell

thats what is wrong with christianity in my mind

so if the muslims can step up and answer for islam ,christians please do the same

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
too many bibles with differant books in them

i feel it has strayed to far from the religion of jesus into a religion about jesus and in some cases jesus is god

i fail to understand the trinity

there is nothing new in it its all pliagarised from other faiths

the violence and torture commited by christians in the past,

the obnoxiuos evangelical pay for prayer types have really put me off

the idea of a heaven where we all become gods stepford wives and no longer feel the need to be with our loved ones

the concept of worship me or spend an eternity in hell

thats what is wrong with christianity in my mind

so if the muslims can step up and answer for islam ,christians please do the same
(line by line)
Why is this a problem? Nothing is cut-and-dried.
Moot. This has always been a religion about Jesus.
So do many Christians.
All religions probably come from some root religious experience from antiquity.
True for most religions.
They do the rest of us, too!
I think this is a misunderstanding of how most of us feel about the afterlife.
I don't believe that.

No human system is perfect, because no human being is perfect. Some see the glass half full. Some see the glass half empty. I think the glass is too big.

Christianity is the belief that jesus christ our savior died for us upon the cross. We believe what the bible says, and we believe god created all. We know that there is an afterlife in heaven and hell. Christianity nothing is wrong with it.

sojourner

Christianity is the belief that jesus christ our savior died for us upon the cross. We believe what the bible says, and we believe god created all. We know that there is an afterlife in heaven and hell. Christianity nothing is wrong with it.
This post is what's wrong with Christianity. Christianity is so much more than the cross and our "final reward." It's about loving God and neighbor. It's about hospitality. It's about raising the lowly, including the disenfranchised, visiting the lonely, clothing the poor. It's about the oppressed finding vindication. It's about preaching the year of the Lord's favor. It's about changing our lives, because God's imperial rule is at hand. It's about celebrating our inherent goodness, and the goodness of all God's creation.

The problem is that too many Christian run around worrying about the state of their immortal souls, and what will happen "after they die." If they only realized that God's already taken care of them, they could be freed from this preoccupation to get on with the business of feeding Christ's lambs.

sojourner

Okay then why in Deuteronomy 22:28 victims of rape are forced to marry their rapists?
What in the world does this have to do with Christianity? This has to do with ancient, Hebraic social codes -- hundreds of years before Christianity was established...
What's wrong with the "what's wrong with Christianity" thread may very well be silly questions asked by Muslims in order to trap us into denouncing our own religion.

What in the world does this have to do with Christianity? This has to do with ancient, Hebraic social codes -- hundreds of years before Christianity was established...
What's wrong with the "what's wrong with Christianity" thread may very well be silly questions asked by Muslims in order to trap us into denouncing our own religion.
That would be sad. I didn't see any Muslims denounce Islam in the "What wrong with Islam" thread.

sojourner

What about Genesis 3:16? Again, nothing to do with Christianity. Everything to do with ancient, Middle-Eastern myth.

Do you spend all your time perusing the Bible for passages that you believe to be unjust, so you can try to beat us over the head with it? Or do you spend some of your time trying to live up to your signature: "Reason with them in ways that are most gracious?"

Protector

Humble Da'i.
What about Genesis 3:16? Again, nothing to do with Christianity. Everything to do with ancient, Middle-Eastern myth.

Do you spend all your time perusing the Bible for passages that you believe to be unjust, so you can try to beat us over the head with it? Or do you spend some of your time trying to live up to your signature: "Reason with them in ways that are most gracious?"
I am reasoning with you.