• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what do you feel is wrong with homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

astarath

It's a slippery slope folks! Grease up and slide on down.
I'm pretty sure there's something about being killed for collecting firewood on the sabbath, too. Your teenager talks back, throw some rocks at 'em! That's what we need people, back to the basics of who god wants us to kill.:149:
Remember folks: it's an abomination to be a homosexual, but if you shag a camel, it's only confusion. I read it in the bible, it must true.:cool:

You misread if you shag a camel both you and the camel are to be killed!
It is important to remember those laws because the outline what is sinful and for Christians what to avoid in their current lifestyles, but christians also need to remember God is both just and forgiving and sin is forgiven due to his sacrifice

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Remember folks: it's an abomination to be a homosexual, but if you shag a camel, it's only confusion. I read it in the bible, it must true.:cool:

You mean it's actually OK to shag a camel??? Why didn't someone tell me this sooner! (Dang it! I've wasted my youth!)

astarath

It still remains wrong and sinful and if you dont believe in Christ it is a sin to which you would be condemned!

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
You misread if you shag a camel both you and the camel are to be killed!
It is important to remember those laws because the outline what is sinful and for Christians what to avoid in their current lifestyles, but christians also need to remember God is both just and forgiving and sin is forgiven due to his sacrifice
I don't believe I went so far as to the proscribed punishment - because lets face it, this is Leviticus and everything from picking your nose to having a shave will get you killed in that chapter, so the rock throwing is a given - just to the fact that one is roundly called an abomination in the text, whereas the other is merely a confusion. It may be a confusion that gets you and that **** of a camel that came onto you killed, but it's only a confusion nonetheless.

astarath

I don't believe I went so far as to the proscribed punishment - because lets face it, this is Leviticus and everything from picking your nose to having a shave will get you killed in that chapter, so the rock throwing is a given - just to the fact that one is roundly called an abomination in the text, whereas the other is merely a confusion. It may be a confusion that gets you and that **** of a camel that came onto you killed, but it's only a confusion nonetheless.

My apologies but the point you are making is...

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
My apologies but the point you are making is...
The point I was making in the first place is that if we're going to get hung up on things that are considered wrong in the bible, we should start killing our children and people who go out and collect firewood on the sabbath now - amongst a lot of others. The last bit was a little bit of that pointless humour that demonstrated - not as some people would suggest that I have nothing to say - that what a lot of people have to say about this subject should be a bloody joke but is sadly being spouted in all seriousness, because they can't even see what it is that they're saying is 'the bible says this is bad and I think it's icky, so it is, but I'll ignore the rest of it because I personally like to do a lot of those other things I'm apparently not supposed to'. Then they'll condemn other people for 'picking and choosing' what they want to believe.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Therein lies the difference! The KJV does not use that method when translating whereas the NLT not only examined the use of the word throughout the bible in Greek but referred to the use of the word in greek texts of the time!
What I understand is that word has not been found in other Greek texts of the time. They have to guess from its two root components.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
So in your opinion there is no accurate translation of the word solely on the basis of no continued and varied use of the word within the text itself?

The translations are more or less guesses because there aren't any other contexts contemporaneous with Paul's writing from which any confident meaning can be discerned.

A

angellous_evangellous

homosexuality is sinful as it is written as immoral this is the christian standpoint!

Correction: This is a Christian standpoint, and by no means is not the Christian standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.