• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

MFaraz_Hayat

this could take all day but i see no answers to Ymirgfs post which leads me to beleive this will be another whitewash , so keeping it simple .
Islam is based on a medievil book and culture of the arabs. and one arab in particular Mohamed pbuh and cannot by its very nature change or adapt. so thats bad
Hey, can some one direct me to Ymirgfs post.

Fluffy

A fool
Mr. Spinkles said:
To be fair, Autodidact's criticism was aimed at the ideology of Islam, not at "a half billion individuals" who follow that ideology. The "actions of a few hundred" suicide bombers, as well as the alarming support for those actions among Muslims, certainly speaks to the dangers of following the ravings of an ancient, superstitious, conquest-bent fanatical tribe.

Surely criticising the ideology of half a billion individuals based on the ideology of a few hundred is equally fallacious? If they are the same ideology then why don't we have half a billion suicide bombers? Surely the difference of desiring to commit acts of terror is significant enough to treat the two as distinct even if members of both groups wish to use the same word to describe them?

Sahar

Islam is based on a medievil book and culture of the arabs. and one arab in particular Mohamed pbuh and cannot by its very nature change or adapt. so thats bad
On the contrary, the concept of ijtihad in Islam says nothing except Islam is a dynamic and flexible religion that is able to suit all times and places.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Why should this be seen as bad? If Islam recognized Jesus as the begotten son of God, then why doesn't Islam be another denomination under Christianity? Our different beliefs and dogmas are what make Islam a distinct religion from Christianity and I don't really understand why this should be bad!!
Honestly, not4me, slamming other people's beliefs is not my style. I only used the word "bad" because it was used in the OP. Since I believe Jesus Christ to be the Only Begotten Son of God, to me it is true, and truth is good. Like you say, if Islam recognized Jesus as God's son, you'd be Christians. If I, as a Christian, believed that He wasn't God's Son, I'd be a Muslim.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Katzpur,

To be fair, Autodidact's criticism was aimed at the ideology of Islam, not at "a half billion individuals" who follow that ideology. The "actions of a few hundred" suicide bombers, as well as the alarming support for those actions among Muslims, certainly speaks to the dangers of following the ravings of an ancient, superstitious, conquest-bent fanatical tribe.
Is suicide bombing part of the ideology of Islam? I didn't know that? Autodidact's question to me was absolutely ludicrous.

Popeyesays

Not according to my knowledge but how is this relevant to the part you quoted i.e.the part concerning ijtihad?

Look for a Bahai place of worship in Iran. A church in Saudi Arabia. . . . .

These are perversions of Islam, of course, but such things are commonplace.

REgards,
Scott

Sahar

Look for a Bahai place of worship in Iran. A church in Saudi Arabia. . . . .

These are perversions of Islam, of course, but such things are commonplace.

REgards,
Scott
I expected a little longer list!!
BTW, I don't expect a church to be built in Saudi Arabia and this is because of the holiness of the place. What about a church in a place other than Saudi Arabia?

Popeyesays

I expected a little longer list!!
BTW, I don't expect a church to be built in Saudi Arabia and this is because of the holiness of the place. What about a church in a place other than Saudi Arabia?

In places other than Saudi Arabia Churches must ASK for the churches to be built. As often as not that permissions is denied--Egypt, Syria and Libya for example--but Iran is there as well.

Part of dhimmitude is secojnd class citizenship and and a frequent denial of religious rights for the dhimmi.

Regards,
Scott

Sahar

Can't this weak and dishonest argument be stopped? Any thing needs a permission to be built even mosques. How about building a mosque in France or any non Muslim countries?
And what's the story of the so called dhimmitude? If you live 2008 then you should have know that there is nothing nothing called Ahlul-dhimma whether theoretically or practically.

Churches are present everywhere in a country like Egypt and many others and new ones are being built and no one can deny this.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
:rolleyes: Is that what you really think?

Unlike you, Autodidact, I don't judge an a half billion individuals by the actions of a few hundred.

Each individual suicide bomber is the tip of a very big iceberg of recruiters, trainers, and funders, as well as an entire culture of adulation and respect. Here is a link.
In addition, this culture specifically exploits Islamic beliefs about paradise to persuade these young men to become suicide bombers.

What there is not is an international Islamic outcry or fatwah against the practice.

I was not able to find numbers of bombers, but it appears to be several hundred every year.

astarath

The only thing wrong with Islam just as any religion is it is guided and maintained by men plagued with fallability and sin. This causes errors and misjudgements, whereas developed personal spiritual life based on personal reflection of tenets and how to incorporate that doctrine into your life is infallable as you are only claiming it as a personal truth rather than a standard for the people.

kai

ragamuffin
On the contrary, the concept of ijtihad in Islam says nothing except Islam is a dynamic and flexible religion that is able to suit all times and places.
thats a cop out! explian how islam has adapted to the 21st century concerning human rights for example with women,homosexuality ,apostacy, and you are right theres no dhimmitude or jizya so no protection for other faiths of the book now under sharia

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
thats a cop out! explian how islam has adapted to the 21st century concerning human rights for example with women,homosexuality ,apostacy, and you are right theres no dhimmitude or jizya so no protection for other faiths of the book now under sharia
I have always wondered why people of other faiths need protection under Islamic rule. In theory Islam is "the relgion of peace", so why would anyone need to be protected? It doesn't make a great deal of sense. I do disagree however regarding dhimminitude. Dhimminitude has a much more sinister face in this day and age as non-Muslims are continually told to be respectful of Islamic customs. That IS a form of dhimminitude. Bowing to the wishes of women who are in burka's in western countries while posing for Driver's Licenses is a form of Dhimmintude as it is allowing one minor aspect of society to do what no other aspect of western society is allowed to do (mask their identity).

kai

ragamuffin
I have always wondered why people of other faiths need protection under Islamic rule. In theory Islam is "the relgion of peace", so why would anyone need to be protected? It doesn't make a great deal of sense. I do disagree however regarding dhimminitude. Dhimminitude has a much more sinister face in this day and age as non-Muslims are continually told to be respectful of Islamic customs. That IS a form of dhimminitude. Bowing to the wishes of women who are in burka's in western countries while posing for Driver's Licenses is a form of Dhimmintude as it is allowing one minor aspect of society to do what no other aspect of western society is allowed to do (mask their identity).
what i mean is people of the book are only afforded protection under dhimmitude and paying jisya------------so if theres no jisya and no dhimmitude muslims are not offering protection the fundamentalist can kill a christian merely because he is not under the cover of dhimmi and dhimmitude was only on offer in the first place to christians and jews hindus didnt get a look in

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In places other than Saudi Arabia Churches must ASK for the churches to be built. As often as not that permissions is denied--Egypt, Syria and Libya for example--but Iran is there as well.

Part of dhimmitude is secojnd class citizenship and and a frequent denial of religious rights for the dhimmi.

Regards,
Scott

Again with the broken record?

Sahar

thats a cop out! explian how islam has adapted to the 21st century concerning human rights for example with women,homosexuality ,apostacy,
I don't really understand, women have been always humans and always had their rights (and duties) just like men in Islam not only in the 21st century. The core of Islam's message is about human and all the creatures rights (and justice).
and you are right theres no dhimmitude or jizya so no protection for other faiths of the book now under sharia
Of course I am right.
what i mean is people of the book are only afforded protection under dhimmitude and paying jisya------------so if theres no jisya and no dhimmitude muslims are not offering protection the fundamentalist can kill a christian merely because he is not under the cover of dhimmi and dhimmitude was only on offer in the first place to christians and jews hindus didnt get a look in
Absolutely, without any doubt....for a fundamentalist like me, I am trying to count how many Christians I have killed especially after I knew they are not Ahlul Dhimma any more and they are considered equal citizens with their Muslim counterparts....let me see 0? 0000???
God!!!!!